Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2136 2137 [2138] 2139 2140 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4197230 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #32055 on: September 04, 2019, 12:08:57 pm »

I mean. Welcome to American politics.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32056 on: September 04, 2019, 12:16:04 pm »

Sadly, my country's politics is backward and intolerant, and so something as simple as self expression, and people's right to it, becomes a thing many here point at and hiss like vampires around garlic.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 12:17:41 pm by wierd »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32057 on: September 04, 2019, 12:19:29 pm »

Still a weird thing to discuss in the politics thread even if to mock the likes of Alex Jones.

I suppose it’s a good segue to other weirdness: https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/04/politics/marianne-williamson-hurricane-dorian-tweet-trnd/index.html
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/459883-williamson-deletes-tweet-saying-power-of-the-mind-turned-away-hurricane

Her campaign is crying double standard, but seriously, saying that kind of thing is going to come off as weird no matter who says it.

Sadly, my country's politics is backward and intolerant, and so something as simple as self expression, and people's right to it, becomes a thing many here point at and hiss like vampires around garlic.

Heh, I once saw a movie that completely inverted the garlic trope with a vampire not only having no problem with it, but straight up eating garlic.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32058 on: September 04, 2019, 12:45:41 pm »

I should have saved it and posted an edited screenshot, but we got a spam email at work today from one of our sellers that they were having a hurricane sale in Florida. It had little hurricane-eye shaped emojis and everything.

People be crappy and tasteless.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32059 on: September 04, 2019, 12:47:49 pm »

Wrong thread dunamisdeos?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32060 on: September 04, 2019, 12:49:09 pm »

I found it to be related to Marianne Williamson's self-centered post about how her mind powers stopped the hurricane from hitting Florida.

But yeah it was pretty tangential. Fair enough.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32061 on: September 04, 2019, 01:03:28 pm »

It just seemed like you meant to post on the hurricane thread. Anyways, it didn’t sound like she was talking about her mind powers specifically, just collectively.

It did remind me of that televangelist pastor or whatever who said, jokingly or not, that prayers towards him created a hurricane shield that deflected the hurricane.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32062 on: September 04, 2019, 01:28:38 pm »

Isn't that the same guy who keeps making 2012-doomsday prophecies every like, 5 years? I mean I guess that isn't unique, but I think it's the same guy.

It would have been better to post that in the hurricane thread tho, for realsies.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32063 on: September 04, 2019, 01:37:34 pm »

No clue, I don’t remember the guys name, it just stuck out for the utter stupidity and selfishness at the time he made the comment.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32064 on: September 04, 2019, 01:44:08 pm »

Oh... That's the legendary Pat Robertson.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/pat-robertson-hurricane-florence_n_5b972c04e4b0cf7b0042d9c7

He's the whackadoo responsible for the 700 club.

When you get to see as much of the "Scary god show" as I do, (working in a nursing home), you get to be a bit of a connoisseur of this shit.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32065 on: September 04, 2019, 01:45:11 pm »

Trump leaked sensitive information again, this time by either revealing that the US is sending spy planes over Iran, or by revealing that the US found a way to overcome atmospheric interference in satellite photos. All in all, it just goes to show that Trump is a frequent liar, not a skilled liar.

Skimmed the thread but I didn't see the followup.

Hover over this. I'll let the url speak for itself.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32066 on: September 04, 2019, 01:48:52 pm »

He's just trying to honor his commitment to being more transparent about government, and national security! /s

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #32067 on: September 04, 2019, 02:39:18 pm »

I've been following it and to be fair, it is merely very close to the limits of atmospheric diffraction, not past it. And there are ways to go even further. But seriously, a CEO would know not to take a picture of a strategic powerpoint presentation and tweet it. Nevermind the bizarre "We weren't responsible for this" comment.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #32068 on: September 04, 2019, 03:16:37 pm »

President Trump recently commented on how Hurricane Dorian was headed towards Alabama. Experts were quick to clarify that Dorian was not expected to come anywhere near Alabama.

Incapable of being wrong, Trump came out today with this clearly legitimate Hurricane Forecast map, proving that he was in fact correct all along.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32069 on: September 04, 2019, 03:23:27 pm »

And now everyone knows the US has a weather control device, brilliant move there trumpy
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 2136 2137 [2138] 2139 2140 ... 3566