Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2022 2023 [2024] 2025 2026 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4204087 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #30345 on: May 23, 2019, 09:38:40 pm »

In other news, Trump declares Huawei “very dangerous” but says they could be part of any trade deal between the US and China.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30346 on: May 23, 2019, 09:46:17 pm »

In other news, Trump declares Huawei “very dangerous” but says they could be part of any trade deal between the US and China.

I saw that one, which is a very strange statement, he says that they are very dangerous and yet could be part of a trade deal. Maybe he means the trade deal would restrict Huawei, but still, without more context it still stands out as kind of odd.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30347 on: May 23, 2019, 11:39:53 pm »

Translation:

"Say, that's a pretty important tech business you have there. 'id be a shame if something happened to it.  Come over here, and we can 'talk' about it. "

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30348 on: May 24, 2019, 05:05:29 pm »

Of course, these are just the charges- a court actually has to find him guilty of them.

SalmonGod is right, he will obviously be found guilty. Maybe not on all counts, but this is practically a show trial. The media and other less official channels under gov't influence have both spent years relentlessly assassinating his character, such that a significant portion of the country (and even a number of people on this board if memory serves) are convinced he is an Американский перебежчик, a pervert, and any number of other things and were even happy about his extradition. They smear people like that for a reason, and it has nothing to do with justice. He's not entirely without support, though a lot of outlets like NYT who have run hit pieces on him in the past are most likely only defending him now to promote their orange man bad angle rather than on principle, but the gov't and particularly the intelligence community wants to make an example of him and I don't think they'll be so easily dissuaded even if it means running up against public opinion.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30349 on: May 24, 2019, 05:34:42 pm »

Ya I don;t see any angle from which this isn't the government retaliating against the guy.

He did use the info to further his personal political opinions, though. That was not ok. If he's gonna do this sort of thing, he has to be as neutral as it's possible to be.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30350 on: May 24, 2019, 07:54:40 pm »

How do you punish the way he went about doing that though without violating the first amendment? Though it seems to be attacking him supposedly advertising that Wikileaks is a repository for whistleblowers and the like, rather than attacking how he decided to use it for personal agenda rather than be neutral. But even then, it still runs into problems with violating the first amendment.

Sweden still wants first dibs on extradition though...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30351 on: May 26, 2019, 06:41:11 pm »

I'd like to chime in to note that Bootyjudge is definitely the way to pronounce Buttigieg, gay men know a thing or two about butts.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30352 on: May 26, 2019, 10:14:43 pm »

I'd like to chime in to note that Bootyjudge is definitely the way to pronounce Buttigieg, gay men know a thing or two about butts.

I just say "Buttgreg"
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30353 on: May 26, 2019, 11:20:47 pm »

But his name is Pete oh wait...

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30354 on: May 27, 2019, 03:30:36 am »

No no no.

It's an avant-garde way to spell BootyGig.  (you know, because booty is totally his gig.)

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
Re: AmeriPol thread: Buttigiegment Day
« Reply #30355 on: May 27, 2019, 10:04:57 am »

Please! Mayor Pete is a well-rounded individual with firm convictions; he deserves better than to be made the butt of childish jokes. ;)

Hehehe, butt.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #30356 on: May 27, 2019, 03:26:13 pm »

Here's the thing, I kind of want him to run because Trump will not be able to criticize him in any way other than to make fun of his name. It would derail the entire Trump campaign. Every campaign stop would be just Trump repeating his opponent's last name and making an idiot of himself.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30357 on: May 27, 2019, 03:29:14 pm »

Here's the thing, I kind of want him to run because Trump will not be able to criticize him in any way other than to make fun of his name. It would derail the entire Trump campaign. Every campaign stop would be just Trump repeating his opponent's last name and making an idiot of himself.
Bidan

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #30358 on: May 27, 2019, 04:05:28 pm »

Trump doesn't give a single shit about behaving like a senile sack of dung, though. Trump would be as capable of criticizing PB as he is more or less anyone, since his criticisms tend to be anywhere from partially to entirely unmoored from reality and self-awareness.

It would be a test of lgbt issues, though, more than a lot of things. You can bet your varyingly metaphorical ass trump would jump on that for his base like a BCE pederast on a grecian schoolboy.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30359 on: May 27, 2019, 07:33:50 pm »

"Hewuhs to my daddy *thumbsuck* who helped a punk bitch cuntboi like me get five deferments so othuh peepull could go fight n' die fow my fweedoms!" ~Trump
Pages: 1 ... 2022 2023 [2024] 2025 2026 ... 3566