Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1854 1855 [1856] 1857 1858 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4212587 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #27825 on: January 31, 2019, 02:06:08 pm »

Sarah Sanders speaks for God now?

Also, didn’t y’all go to war about 2 and a half centuries back to end this divine right bullshit?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #27826 on: January 31, 2019, 02:27:03 pm »

Sarah Sanders speaks for God now?

Also, didn’t y’all go to war about 2 and a half centuries back to end this divine right bullshit?

Well ya know, what's old is new again.

(And on a more serious note, manifest destiny is baked directly in to the American mindset. It was dressed up in different language since there weren't really any white folks to argue with as we made our way West. Rather than "We're God's chosen people (and you're not)", it was "God set this land aside for us (so get out of our way you filthy natives.)")
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #27827 on: January 31, 2019, 02:33:52 pm »

I am pretty sure it was about taxes, political representation and evangelicals vs anglicans
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27828 on: January 31, 2019, 02:39:03 pm »

You could say it was about
states rights :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27829 on: January 31, 2019, 02:52:35 pm »

You could say it was about
states rights :P
GAWL DANG LEFTS TRYNA TAKE OUR RIGHTS!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27831 on: January 31, 2019, 02:57:55 pm »

I thought it was about you americans trying to brew the worlds largest kettle of tea, and the English considering it the vilest heresy of all.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27832 on: January 31, 2019, 03:35:07 pm »

PA party leaders indicted in massive corruption, embezzlement bust

The details:
https://www.justice.gov/usao-edpa/pr/local-98-leader-john-dougherty-philadelphia-city-councilman-robert-henon-0

The article says he was not very subtle about his corruption, which makes me wonder how he got by this long.  In any case, I approve of eliminating corruption.  It also makes me wonder what roadblocks there would be to increasing transparency for purchasing in organizations like this.

In other news, apparently Mitch McConnell said that making election day a federal holiday is a power grab by the Democrats.  Is he admitting that his party would lose if people vote more?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #27833 on: January 31, 2019, 03:39:16 pm »

Yeah that's what he's saying.

I hope someone convinces him to elaborate on what specifically he meant, would be great seeing him spin that one.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27834 on: January 31, 2019, 03:40:25 pm »

Maybe the Republicans are less bothered about people knowing they like to suppress voters these days.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27835 on: January 31, 2019, 04:04:28 pm »

Honestly, the Democrats should be fighting back dirty since the Republicans are doing that while Democrats are trying to take the high road, but it isn’t changing their behavior. Besides, it’ll benefit Democrats and Republicans equally, I’m sure there are plenty of Republicans who have the same problem that a national Election Day would remedy as it would for Democrats. The Republicans probably never asked their consistuents if that’s an issue.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27836 on: January 31, 2019, 04:12:23 pm »

I thought it was about you americans trying to brew the worlds largest kettle of tea, and the English considering it the vilest heresy of all.
Indeed, you don't brew tea in a kettle!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #27837 on: January 31, 2019, 04:13:28 pm »

Obvious allegory aside, if Trump is president because God wanted Trump to be president, then He also wanted the democrats to win the Senate.

We're all microscopic cogs in his catastrophic plan.

Designed and directed by his orange right hand.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27838 on: January 31, 2019, 04:48:34 pm »

Obvious allegory aside, if Trump is president because God wanted Trump to be president, then He also wanted the democrats to win the Senate.

We're all microscopic cogs in his catastrophic plan.

Designed and directed by his orange right hand.

Life is 🍞.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27839 on: January 31, 2019, 06:26:28 pm »

"Brown Bread" is cockney rhyming slang for "dead".

Pages: 1 ... 1854 1855 [1856] 1857 1858 ... 3566