Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1783 1784 [1785] 1786 1787 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4211675 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #26760 on: December 27, 2018, 11:03:37 am »

The page it is from discusses the history of thornless roses. The person who named the file is an idiot. That is a goethe rose.  It's an ancient cultivar of bush rose, somewhat halfway between modern roses, and wild roses.

It has lovely fragrance and many flowers. It also induces nightmares in gardeners.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26761 on: December 27, 2018, 01:32:28 pm »

I look at that thing and think cheerful thoughts about an upswing in metal plated climbing gloves among incoming refugees, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26762 on: December 27, 2018, 01:37:11 pm »

Or you know, homemade flamethrowers. Long range gardening at its finest.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #26763 on: December 27, 2018, 02:31:51 pm »

"Mr. Trump, Mr. Trump! The border is on fire!"
"If the Californians had just taken my advice about forestry-"
"No, sir, I mean the wall! The immigrants have lit the roses on fire, and now it's spread all along the entire wall!"
"Well don't bother me about it, all the EPA and have them send a hurricane to fix this!"
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26764 on: December 27, 2018, 03:43:18 pm »

Yank spike up out of ground. Free steel. Slip through new gap.
Then come back and keep yanking spikes, because free steel.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26765 on: December 27, 2018, 04:16:07 pm »

And if it's anchored too well: Angle-grinder, etc. Heck, I'd be tempted to MIG Weld a spare bit of scrap or two about head-height across several of the slats, cut the middle one(s) off at the floor and just below the cross-piece, and just form a gateway that can be obscured by local tumbleweed/brush, in keeping with leagues and leagues of other fencing, until they get the contractors out.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26766 on: December 27, 2018, 04:22:22 pm »

They look real tall, thin, and heavy. Good enough shove and it might yield under its own weight.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26767 on: December 27, 2018, 04:52:49 pm »

"Mr. Trump, Mr. Trump! The border is on fire!"

No mother, its just the northern lights
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

thompson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26768 on: December 27, 2018, 05:27:18 pm »

You know, if we're gonna go megastructure on it, it'd be simpler to build a tunnel, starting at the border and going underneath the entire United States, where it then comes back up at the Canadian border, so they can illegally infiltrate Canada instead.

Or we go the way of "The House of the Scorpion" and transform the entire border into a Demilitarized Zone-esque drug lord paradise with legalized slavery. Any hopeful immigrants have to first contend with the inhumane despots that rule this land, avoid being captured and turned into slaves, and then if they make it to America, hey, fair is fair.

Or we go to war with Mexico, win the war, annex all the land up to the panama canal, and then that's all the border we have to worry about. Much simpler.

Just throwing out ideas. Stupid ideas, but still.

Have you considered dropping your resume off at the White House? I hear they have a few job openings coming up which would benefit from your insight.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26769 on: December 27, 2018, 06:23:40 pm »

Just salt the border with Co-60. Any trespassers will be dead from radiation sickness long before they become a problem.

Bonus: Soylent Green.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #26770 on: December 27, 2018, 08:40:37 pm »

The actual, really real solution to this problem, is to stop promoting conditions and governments that disadvantage the rest of the world. (Shock, horror!)
When you stop trying to enforce american hegemony, (via sending guns, installing puppet dictators, assassinating presidents, etc.) the rest of the world stops having a hate boner for you, the rest of the world develops and the citizens of other countries remain happy and healthy in their own native digs.

So South American dictators and gangs are chasing away their citizens as part of a plan to overwhelm the United States with illegal immigrants, all because they are upset that the US meddled in their government?

I'm not going to claim that the US has answers to all of the worlds' problems. I'm not even going to claim that their interference does more good than harm. But saying that everyone else would be just hunkey dorey without the US is grossly ignorant. I mean, the Philippines just recent democratically elected Duterte as their president, after he ran on a platform of 'Murder all the fake news and the gays, and take away women's rights and give guns to every child!'.
Atrocities are happening around the globe every day, and they are not going to get better on their own any time soon. There are no easy answers, but someone has to try to do something. Things may get messy before they get better. Or things may get messy and never get better, but it's still worth trying.

EDIT: Sorry, I was actually thinking of Brazil's Bolsonaro. Duterte is not that far off though.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 05:26:43 am by Folly »

thompson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26771 on: December 27, 2018, 09:19:56 pm »

The actual, really real solution to this problem, is to stop promoting conditions and governments that disadvantage the rest of the world. (Shock, horror!)
When you stop trying to enforce american hegemony, (via sending guns, installing puppet dictators, assassinating presidents, etc.) the rest of the world stops having a hate boner for you, the rest of the world develops and the citizens of other countries remain happy and healthy in their own native digs.

So South American dictators and gangs are chasing away their citizens as part of a plan to overwhelm the United States with illegal immigrants, all because they are upset that the US meddled in their government?

I'm not going to claim that the US has answers to all of the worlds' problems. I'm not even going to claim that their interference does more good than harm. But saying that everyone else would be just hunkey dorey without the US is grossly ignorant. I mean, the Philippines just recent democratically elected Duterte as their president, after he ran on a platform of 'Murder all the fake news and the gays, and take away women's rights and give guns to every child!'.
Atrocities are happening around the globe every day, and they are not going to get better on their own any time soon. There are no easy answers, but someone has to try to do something. Things may get messy before they get better. Or things may get messy and never get better, but it's still worth trying.

I half agree with you, but there is one fundamental flaw with this line of reasoning. US foreign policy is not designed to make the world a better place, it is designed to serve US interests. Sometimes US interests align with the common good (Marshall Plan), sometimes they don't (turning a blind eye to just about everything Saudi Arabia does, Argentina, etc). And sometimes what the US thought was in their interests turns out not to be (smuggling Gadaffi's guns into Syria). There are no magical solutions here, but stopping people resenting them by not supporting quasi-fascist dictatorships would be a good start.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #26772 on: December 27, 2018, 10:05:14 pm »

Just salt the border with Co-60. Any trespassers will be dead from radiation sickness long before they become a problem.

Bonus: Soylent Green.

This would have the added benefit of killing the border vigilantes and border guards, and presumably the army dudes who aren’t armed that are supporting them. Quadruple whammy!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26773 on: December 27, 2018, 11:35:42 pm »

Just glass the border until it glows hot enough that nobody can cross.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26774 on: December 28, 2018, 12:18:47 am »

Just glass the border until it glows hot enough that nobody can cross.
Lovit
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 1783 1784 [1785] 1786 1787 ... 3566