Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1781 1782 [1783] 1784 1785 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4211913 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #26730 on: December 25, 2018, 01:51:29 pm »

I was taking the loss piss to be fair. Dick move, but more of an “again?” than the straw that broke the camel’s back kinda deal.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 02:16:23 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #26731 on: December 25, 2018, 01:59:39 pm »

It's kind of a joke at this point. It's more like, "he can't even do this right," rather than "he did something so awful."
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26732 on: December 25, 2018, 02:03:19 pm »

Local orange man kicks dog
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26733 on: December 25, 2018, 10:12:45 pm »

Eh? Mnuchin could be in trouble, then again, it could be Trumps usual rage cycle where he gets pissed but doesn’t actually fire the staffer. I have a feeling that firing Mnuchin is just going to freak out the markets even more than they already are, so, even if Trump thinks firing him would fix things (which it won’t, since Mnuchin has no control over it), he’s just going to end up more pissed.

Not to mention the hassle of confirming a new one or whoever got moved over, or the deputy as he so often does.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #26734 on: December 25, 2018, 10:14:32 pm »

Another Guatemalan kid died after crossing the border.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #26735 on: December 25, 2018, 10:34:45 pm »

Got to love the assholes posting screenshots from south park memed up to say "If you didn't want to have a painful extrajudicial execution, you shouldn't have allowed your parents to attempt to do a thing that I think should be illegal (although it is actually legal) in order to flee organized crime verging on open warlordism."

Though I paraphrase slightly.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26736 on: December 26, 2018, 02:09:12 pm »

Current reports for the second kid, the 8-year old boy Filipe, indicate that he was well-cared for with hot meals, snacks, showers, etc, and was given strep tests and the like and was brought to a hospital when it became clear he was seriously ill.

However this also amounts to "We did our job 100% perfect and then he up and died of nothing", so apparently there is some sort of investigation going on.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26737 on: December 26, 2018, 02:43:02 pm »

The web of lies is so deep there's really no reason to bother engaging it. Everybody who dies imprisoned by them was murdered, period.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #26738 on: December 26, 2018, 06:08:56 pm »

The web of lies is so deep there's really no reason to bother engaging it. Everybody who dies imprisoned by them was murdered, period.
People die. That's just life. It starts, stuff happens, then it ends.
You hold a large enough group of people for a long enough period of time, some of them are going to die. Some of those deaths may be attributable to the conditions in which they were held, but certainly not all of them.

Unrelated, it occured to me that the sharpened spikes atop Trump's steel slat barrier exist for the sole purpose of impaling prospective trespassers, suspending them in an awkward and painful position while they slowly bleed out and die. The only practical purpose of building a fence in this manner is so that failed attempts to scale the fence will serve as a violent warning to other potential trespassers.
In my view, this is the moral equivalent of rounding up illegal immigrants(a majority of whom are women and children), executing them in the street, and mounting their bloody heads on spikes at the border. We're just saving manpower by letting them do it to themselves.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26739 on: December 26, 2018, 06:23:22 pm »

The wall is a ridiculous pipe dream with the sole purpose of feeding Trump's ego, I'll readily agree.  But deterrents aren't murder (or not in the direct way you're describing).  If the wall is obviously lethal, and someone tries to scale it anyway, then the person was suicidally desperate.

If you think it's our fault, or at least our concern, that they may be suicidally desperate?  You could have a case we're killing them indirectly, through some economic means.  But an obvious deterrent, one they could avoid by going to a gate, isn't murder.
(hidden land mines or covered pits would be)

Edit: I'm not just quibbling over terminology, I don't think any person in their right mind will actually attempt to scale that section of wall - because of the lethal spikes.  They'll probably find another way, of course.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #26740 on: December 26, 2018, 06:26:03 pm »

The wall is a ridiculous pipe dream with the sole purpose of feeding Trump's ego, I'll readily agree.  But deterrents aren't murder (or not in the direct way you're describing).  If the wall is obviously lethal, and someone tries to scale it anyway, then the person was suicidally desperate.

It wont fucking work. Even if it was buildable, which it isnt, it wouldnt work. Look at the setup in Ceuta and Melilla, and then look at how poorly it works, despite covering a smaller tract of land and being far more heavily manned
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26741 on: December 26, 2018, 06:27:32 pm »

I completely agree, to be clear.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #26742 on: December 26, 2018, 06:29:16 pm »

And it's not like illegals haven't been using everything from catapults to tunnels for the last 20 years to circumvent the surface deterrents, either. Where there's a paycheck, there's a way.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #26743 on: December 26, 2018, 06:30:14 pm »

You can bet that people would dig up the fence-spikes to get at that sweet, sweet steel.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26744 on: December 26, 2018, 06:31:46 pm »

That sort of falls into the old "Duty to retreat" debate.

In this case, I feel that while it is true that a person has to make a choice to climb that fence, we do not have to top it with deliberately lethal traps in order to deter people from climbing it, especially with the full knowledge that these people have children with them who are not responsible when they are impaled atop the symbolic supremacy of America.

That would be like putting an acid moat around a daycare playground instead of a fence and being like ha ha well they shouldn't have fallen in then. It is the fault of their guardians for letting them climb. It is our fault that they are dead.

Also yes, you bet your ass it won't work, and that every spot of the thing that isn't actively patrolled will be vandalized or stolen.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 06:33:20 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 1781 1782 [1783] 1784 1785 ... 3566