Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1778 1779 [1780] 1781 1782 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4212069 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #26685 on: December 22, 2018, 08:42:26 am »

A merry shutdown to all!

Hah yeah. On fucking Christmas of all times.
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26686 on: December 22, 2018, 10:07:15 am »

I for one appreciate Trump's contribution to burning it all down.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26687 on: December 22, 2018, 11:16:33 am »

I'm on WIC, we might not get our baby stuff for the month if things get shut down.

Thanks Obama.
You going to be okay?

Yeah, thanks though. Even if it gets cut off we ran and grabbed everything we could for the month (just in case). WIC is actually strictly supplementary, so it's not like we're going to starve or anything. It's just more difficult, and mum and dad might need to eat some rice and beans for dinner etc. White rice with an egg in it can also be tasty.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #26688 on: December 22, 2018, 06:23:35 pm »

Quote from: Donald Trump
News reports concerning the Shutdown and Syria are mostly FAKE.

Good news everyone, the government shutdown was just fake news! Also Syria, all fake news. The things you are seeing and hearing are not what's really happening. We have a big beautiful government, with a strong economy, and all thanks to our brilliant high-IQ president.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26689 on: December 22, 2018, 06:35:09 pm »

Good news everyone, the government shutdown was just fake news! Also Syria, all fake news. The things you are seeing and hearing are not what's really happening. We have a big beautiful government, with a strong economy, and all thanks to our brilliant high-IQ president.

Maybe people will realize he's full of shit.

... Oh is that a flying pig?!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #26690 on: December 22, 2018, 06:52:39 pm »

This is the strongest government. The biggest. It's yuuuge. It hasn't shut down. But if it did it would be the best shutdown. Our presence in Syria is still tremendous. Tremendous. Tremendous presence.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26691 on: December 22, 2018, 11:46:44 pm »

"mostly fake"

hmmmmmm
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26692 on: December 23, 2018, 04:43:52 am »

"mostly fake"

hmmmmmm
Any claims or references they make towards Trump being president are, in fact, entirely true. They are the only parts that are true.

He is the presidentest.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26693 on: December 23, 2018, 04:47:37 pm »

Speaking of News, the Shutdown is guaranteed to stretch to the 27th at least, with no immediate end in sight after that date either.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #26694 on: December 23, 2018, 07:16:09 pm »

Right now, it's basically in the Dem's best interest to keep the government shutdown going as long as possible. So long as 100% of the fallout is landing squarely on Donald Trump's shoulders, I would not expect Dems to compromise a single inch. And we all know that Trump is incapable of admitting when he's wrong.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26695 on: December 23, 2018, 10:45:33 pm »

Right now, it's basically in the Dem's best interest to keep the government shutdown going as long as possible. So long as 100% of the fallout is landing squarely on Donald Trump's shoulders, I would not expect Dems to compromise a single inch. And we all know that Trump is incapable of admitting when he's wrong.

That's really not a tenable strategy in the long term. Sure, it makes sense politically, but at some point the pain is going to be so much that the base is going to push for a resolution to it. It really just comes down to who caves first.

Theres also some fight coming from the Republicans because McConnell is refusing to hold a vote until he both knows exactly what Trump wants down to the nanometer and he is 100% sure that Trump supports it because he doesn't want to waste votes (and likely political capital) trying to vote for something that will fail to get votes or Trump will veto anyway. I suppose if he gets frustrated enough, he'll go for a veto override, which the Democrats would be all too happy to join.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26696 on: December 24, 2018, 12:24:59 am »

I suppose if he gets frustrated enough, he'll go for a veto override, which the Democrats would be all too happy to join.

That's tricky, though; overriding a presidential veto takes 2/3rds of both chambers of Congress, and the Democrats would presumably only back a bill with no money for the wall. Are there 56 GOP representatives and 20 GOP senators willing to buck Trump on his signature issue, particularly after the midterms so favored the pro-Trump Republicans?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26697 on: December 24, 2018, 12:45:05 am »

Key words here being 'frustrated enough'. It's also when things get painful enough that even the pro-Trumpers are willing to buck Trump on it.

More than likely though is that Trump is the one who'll cave, he caves more easily than he thinks he does.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26698 on: December 24, 2018, 06:31:42 am »

People tell him he's the best caver. He's just yuuuuge at caving.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26699 on: December 24, 2018, 08:13:36 am »

That's really not a tenable strategy in the long term. Sure, it makes sense politically, but at some point the pain is going to be so much that the base is going to push for a resolution to it. It really just comes down to who caves first.
Problem there is that at this point the dem base kinda' fucking loathes the rank stupidity, among a host of other pejoratives applicable to it, of a border wall.

Dems are perfectly willing to push for a resolution... but it's not going to include the architectural equivalent of an impotent gold plated dick unless there's some fucking major concessions given for it. Their base would tear out their hide without that, and quite possibly with it, too. There's not really any tenable long term strategy that includes capitulating on that particular bit of fucknuttery.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 1778 1779 [1780] 1781 1782 ... 3566