Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1774 1775 [1776] 1777 1778 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4212567 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #26625 on: December 19, 2018, 06:18:31 pm »

Trump apparently signed off on the SPACE FORCE (eagle cry) today.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26626 on: December 19, 2018, 06:29:53 pm »

Aw, I only briefly looked into it. That's no fun.

Also you missed an opportunity to respond with FAKE NEWS (eagle cry) as any good 2018 American should.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26627 on: December 19, 2018, 06:34:46 pm »

Screeeeee
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #26628 on: December 19, 2018, 07:10:16 pm »

I think Trump has had a stress-induced stroke, causing him to do the opposite of his normal behavior. He's now pulling the US out of a needless war and banning bump-stocks. Can treating women and foreigners like human beings be far behind?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26629 on: December 19, 2018, 07:24:41 pm »

I still say the primary cause for his myriad personality symptoms/beliefs is being sequestered in a world where nothing he says is ever challenged or questioned for literally his entire life. Anything that crosses his mind has always been right in the past, because noone would dare disagree, and if they do it just takes some money to make them agree. This is why he is a walking example of all of humanity's most basic failures. The rest of us have to confront them at some point, thereby building immunity.

Maybe being forced to confront his ignorance will be positive. As President he can't escape it, though God knows he tries. His own administration just released the most honest, informative, and scare-tactic-free climate change report to date. Maybe unicorns will be the primary form of commuting by 2020. Who knows. I can be optimistic.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 07:28:12 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #26630 on: December 19, 2018, 08:18:34 pm »

He's now pulling the US out of a needless war

You can certainly make the argument that getting involved in the first place was needless. However, all military authorities seem to agree that pulling out right now will be extremely damaging to the fight against terrorism. Congress is also making a rare show of bipartisan opposition to this move.

The Pentagon are saying that Trump did not consult with them at all regarding this issue, and if he had they would have urgently advised him against it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26631 on: December 19, 2018, 08:21:07 pm »

He's now pulling the US out of a needless war

You can certainly make the argument that getting involved in the first place was needless. However, all military authorities seem to agree that pulling out right now will be extremely damaging to the fight against terrorism. Congress is also making a rare show of bipartisan opposition to this move.

The Pentagon are saying that Trump did not consult with them at all regarding this issue, and if he had they would have urgently advised him against it.

Quote from: From the article
“If Obama had done this, all of us would be furious,” Mr. Graham said. “If Obama had done this, we’d be going nuts right now: ‘How weak, how dangerous.’”

This sums it up neatly, I think. That's Senator Lindsey Graham, of the GOP.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 08:24:25 pm by Dunamisdeos »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26632 on: December 19, 2018, 11:20:29 pm »

I could be snide and say that of course the Pentagon says the war needs to continue. But considering the fact we've been entangled in an ever-increasing number of middle eastern countries since 2002, I find it hard to believe that this time we're nearly there, just a few trillion more dollars, a couple hundred American lives, and an uncounted several thousand foreign lives, and we'll have won this one for good.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #26633 on: December 19, 2018, 11:41:54 pm »

A war like this is much akin to juggling nitroglycerin vials. Sure, it was a really stupid idea to start juggling them in the first place, but if we just walk away and let the vials crash to the ground, we blow up the stage.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #26634 on: December 20, 2018, 12:27:52 am »

I still say the primary cause for his myriad personality symptoms/beliefs is being sequestered in a world where nothing he says is ever challenged or questioned for literally his entire life. Anything that crosses his mind has always been right in the past, because noone would dare disagree, and if they do it just takes some money to make them agree. This is why he is a walking example of all of humanity's most basic failures. The rest of us have to confront them at some point, thereby building immunity.
This.  Trump is like prequels George Lucas; he got so big he didn't have to listen to his employees anymore.  Except Trump was always like that.  This is specifically why he has Rudy Giuliani representing him, because lawyers won't work for a high profile client who doesn't take their advice.

His mental decline since taking the presidency makes sense.  He's old, and what we know of his lifestyle he pretty much has people to do everything for him.  Not staying active into old age increases risk for things like alzhiemers.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26635 on: December 20, 2018, 12:47:04 am »

What mental decline? He was like this at the start of his administration. The cadre of people whose principal job was to prevent you noticing that have mostly been fired between then and now, so his general ineptitude is less filtered, but he's always been an ultracrepidarian buffoon who reacted to a job far beyond his capacity with farcically masculine chest-thumping, as many fundamentally inadequate men do.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #26636 on: December 20, 2018, 02:03:57 am »

Okay but after the midterms during a press conference he saw the grim visage of Mueller flash before his eyes, yelled "Wait!" mid-sentence, and then continued the sentence as if nothing had happened.  I'd say that's a step beyond wandering away from a plane.

Edit: On a more serious note, I meant his mental decline in terms of his life in general, not specifically the presidency.  He used to be more consistent, well spoken, and lucid than he is now.  Emphasis on "more."
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 02:05:48 am by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26637 on: December 20, 2018, 04:49:39 am »

Trump apparently signed off on the SPACE FORCE (eagle cry) today.
"SPACE FORCE!" *chee-chee-chee-chee-chirrr-pyoooooooooo*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po40UtlYskc

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26638 on: December 20, 2018, 01:48:40 pm »

I am astonished and dismayed at the number of supposedly smart, liberal people who are upset about withdrawing from Syria.

The most common complaint is "now ISIS will win," as if there was any alternative. The only way that ISIS could be destroyed is if you turned everything from Cairo to Kabul into a glowing sheet of glass. Since victory is impossible, all the treasure and more importantly the life expended there is wasted.

So it's time we left and never got involved again. Don't sell arms, don't offer to make treaties, don't do anything at all. If someone wants to leave, (probably because it's a festering hellscape of tribal warfare and sectarian assholes,) by all means let them immigrate. We have an extensive background check procedure for a reason.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26639 on: December 20, 2018, 02:54:34 pm »

(@PTTGquestionmark)

While it's "damned if you do, damned if you don't", the "Mission Accomplished!/now I'm taking my ball home" approach is multiple damnations at this stage.

Not that I can see an ideal route from here, it's just that Mr "I don't want to tell ISIS my future plans, that's why I'm keeping my Yuge Idea (that's a smarter idea than anything the professional military/diplomats have had, and will win the situation in 100 days) to myself and not telling you it" has basically done worse than drawing red lines that then don't get enforced, because there's not even the empty bluff, he's just folded his hand.

No, he's announced he'll fold his hand, but still may yet be adding into the pot before he does, doublyto the benefit of other players

I could imagine a master-strategist doing this with Sun Tzu in mind for what will really happen, but if Trump's been setting this up as a "when you are strong, look like you are weak" thing then it's been a long long-con to aet this up and do so. I just don't believe that for one second. War Hawk? No, not where the 'enemy' isn't tired and desperate refugees. Not even a War Opossum. War Lemming, perhaps?
Pages: 1 ... 1774 1775 [1776] 1777 1778 ... 3566