Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1590 1591 [1592] 1593 1594 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4238833 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #23865 on: October 03, 2018, 07:59:52 pm »

Far as I've noticed no one seems to actually know. Reporting on the investigation so far has seemed to be something of even more of a clusterfuck than usual...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23866 on: October 03, 2018, 08:27:38 pm »

....What sources are they expected to investigate?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #23867 on: October 03, 2018, 08:29:40 pm »

Mostly witness testimony, so far as I've noticed. There's supplemental stuff but that's the big one. Is why there's been as much of a stink about the possibility of, y'know, not getting that testimony.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23868 on: October 03, 2018, 08:48:00 pm »

I mean, are they trying not to... I dunno, contaminate the primary witnesses? Maybe they are trying to avoid having her grilled in court and also by the FBI? Avoiding creating a situation where one of them accidentally contradicts themselves? I'm trying to think up logical/positive reasons here and it's really hard.

Maybe letting the FBI question them directly would be akin to letting them handle the hearing entirely, which is not how it is meant to work. Final answer, I guess.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23869 on: October 03, 2018, 08:51:14 pm »

Man, the FBI report has been "imminent" all afternoon. I think it's safe to say the GOP jumped the gun, or engaged in their favored tactic of trying to make it true by believing it (which is only slightly more effective at writing the future as it is at rewriting the past).
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #23870 on: October 03, 2018, 09:55:47 pm »

Maybe they are trying to avoid having her grilled in court and also by the FBI?
The FBI do not strike me as an organization that balks at interviewing someone for fear of hurting their feelings.

Man, the FBI report has been "imminent" all afternoon. I think it's safe to say the GOP jumped the gun, or engaged in their favored tactic of trying to make it true by believing it.
The Senate is scheduled to begin reviewing the report at 8am Thursday morning.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23871 on: October 04, 2018, 05:10:43 am »

Maybe they are trying to avoid having her grilled in court and also by the FBI?
The FBI do not strike me as an organization that balks at interviewing someone for fear of hurting their feelings.
FBI: Feely Butthurts of Investigation

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #23872 on: October 04, 2018, 03:01:15 pm »

Well the Kavanaugh hearing is proceeding pretty much just as expected.

The FBI report was made available to Congress, and contained nothing noteworthy, except perhaps for it's lack of pertinent information. Democrats cry that the FBI investigation was as much of a sham as the rest of the hearing. Republicans praise this as proof that Kavanaugh is their perfect flawless gift from Trump, while condemning Democrats as the worst thing to plague America in it's entire history. Currently, the final vote is expected to happen Saturday.

The only thing not entirely foreseen are the crowds of protestors currently being arrested at the Senate office building.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23873 on: October 04, 2018, 03:10:24 pm »

Looks like Kavanaugh is going to get confirmed regardless. Two of the key Republicans have said that they're satisfied with the FBI report while Murkowski hasn't said anything yet. Meanwhile, the FBI report has found nothing new according to the Republicans and the Democrats say that there are indications of inappropriate behavior in previous FBI reports (why didn't they bring THAT up earlier in the proccess?? Not that the Republicans would listen anyway) and aren't satisfied with this FBI 'investigation'.

Basically, it's back to square one....

edit: partially ninja'd

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23874 on: October 04, 2018, 03:12:58 pm »

Kav could have gone out yesterday, shot someone, and posted himself doing it on Youtube, and he'd probably still get to be on the Supreme Court.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23875 on: October 04, 2018, 03:51:40 pm »

Actually, Collins said that she's still reviewing the stuff, so, we probably won't know the actual votes until sometime tomorrow.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23876 on: October 04, 2018, 03:58:11 pm »

Who would really be surprised if he is confirmed?  I sure wouldn't be.  I won't go so far as to say that he could have shot someone on camera and still been nominated, but I do believe there could be irrefutable evidence that he sexually assaulted a woman when he was in college and he'd still be nominated.

Actually, is having an arrest record something that can prevent someone from being nominated to the supreme court?  I suspect it isn't.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #23877 on: October 04, 2018, 04:04:18 pm »

Lying under oath might be grounds for expulsion, but that would never get close to happening with a Republican House.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23878 on: October 04, 2018, 04:16:03 pm »

Actually, is having an arrest record something that can prevent someone from being nominated to the supreme court?  I suspect it isn't.

Depends on what the arrest record is for I guess. Something bad enough to keep you from being on the Supreme Court would likely keep you from getting on the lower courts.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23879 on: October 04, 2018, 04:35:39 pm »

There are no formal standards to be appointed to the Supreme Court beyond being nominated by the President and consented to by the Senate, hence the campaign for Justice Snoop Dogg following Scalia's death.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1590 1591 [1592] 1593 1594 ... 3567