Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1576 1577 [1578] 1579 1580 ... 3568

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4242744 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #23655 on: September 27, 2018, 08:24:38 am »

I am sparticus!
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23656 on: September 27, 2018, 08:28:36 am »

The swamp has some serious dirt laundry

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23657 on: September 27, 2018, 10:35:36 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23658 on: September 27, 2018, 10:53:27 am »

@MrRoboto: LOL! The first line even.

Seems like the gambit with the woman lawyer is backfiring for the Republicans as Christine Ford is coming off as credible. Can't wait for her to cross-examine Kavanaugh.

Though she is poking a few tiny holes, but I'd expect that of a professional prosecutor.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 11:06:57 am by smjjames »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #23659 on: September 27, 2018, 12:29:04 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I've seen this before. It's fake, though funny.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23660 on: September 27, 2018, 12:35:28 pm »

I never knew there was a weird Arby's connection to Trump?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23661 on: September 27, 2018, 12:44:22 pm »

It does read like the output of a very badly written bot though.

Anyways, the Republicans (some of them anyway) are STILL shooting themselves in the foot even with the counsel asking the questions. When asked for reaction to the testimony, Orrin Hatch said:

Quote from: from liveblog
Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch said "it’s too early to say" if Ford is credible.

"I don’t think she’s uncredible. I think she an attractive, good witness," he said.

I asked what he meant by “attractive.” He said, “In other words, she’s pleasing.”

Hatch said he thinks the committee will be prepared to vote tomorrow.

When asked if he’s learned anything new, Hatch said, “No I haven’t. At least I can’t think of anything.” He says he doesn’t have a strong impression so far.

“l’ll say this, she’s attractive and she’s a nice person,” he said as he headed to the elevator bank.

Pleasing to what, the ear? Pfft. One commentator said that Hatch was trying to give props to Dr Ford. But still, why even say the word attractive?....

And then theres Lindsey Graham saying "Why not believe Kavanaugh?" or something like that.

Can't wait for Rachel Mitchell (that's the Counsel the Republicans decided to use for the questions) to cross-examine Kavanaugh, I have a feeling it's going to be brutal. Though I'm not sure if she is using questions that the GOP Senators gave her or if she is doing her own questions.

edit: A spokesperson for Orrin Hatch explained, that Hatch has often used it over the years to describe compelling personalities for both men and women. Perhaps Hatch could have explained it better than just saying 'shes pleasing'.

edit: Fords testimony is now over and they're on a 45 minute recess, Kavanaugh is next.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 01:25:54 pm by smjjames »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #23662 on: September 27, 2018, 01:33:49 pm »

Well...

I think I just saw Senator Graham get quite upset and say the FBI would have nobody to interview if they were to investigate - this in spite of 3 people having submitted sworn testimony to the committee, plus Kavanaugh and Blasey Ford - and then not quite saying that Diane Feinstein betrayed Blasey Ford as a result of her confidential letter being leaked.

I mean, why not have the FBI investigate to confirm there's nothing there? At least then we wouldn't have to deal with this nonsense from the GOP saying that Blasey Ford isn't lying, but she's certainly not telling the truth.

Due diligence, man.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23663 on: September 27, 2018, 01:53:02 pm »

And the story gets even weirder.
Man, how much do you have to pay a guy to get him to claim to be a teen rapist? Are we talking George Soros paid protestor money?

Also, I'm not gonna be surprised if Hatch winds up trying to grope Ford in the Senate elevator or something. Did he preface the 45-minute recess by saying "I'll be in my bunk"?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23664 on: September 27, 2018, 02:02:50 pm »

I wonder if it's Trump's "PR man" found a couple of other guys. You know. Fake guys for a fake confession.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23665 on: September 27, 2018, 02:09:10 pm »

It seems wierd that they're alleging it in the first place, and corroboration is made even harder by the details already out there, so, you can't really check for discrepancies.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23666 on: September 27, 2018, 02:14:14 pm »

Damn, Kavanaugh looks pissed the fuck off. I thought he would be more composed than this. I can't hear his words, but his face looks damn angry.

Edit: fixed we to he.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 02:16:58 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #23667 on: September 27, 2018, 02:16:19 pm »

EVERYONE ON THE LEFT IS AGAINST ME AND HAVE DESTROYED ME AND MY FAMILY AND THE COUNTRY.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23668 on: September 27, 2018, 02:23:35 pm »

Being angrily defiant is fine in the opening statement. Though the key, as I've read elsewhere is whether he comes off as awkward and evasive, as he has in the past.

edit: Yeesh, his opening statement is rambling all over the place from subject to subject.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 02:33:43 pm by smjjames »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23669 on: September 27, 2018, 02:36:48 pm »

Maybe he did the Public Speaking module at Trump U.?
Pages: 1 ... 1576 1577 [1578] 1579 1580 ... 3568