Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1525 1526 [1527] 1528 1529 ... 3568

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4242266 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #22890 on: August 25, 2018, 02:53:25 pm »

Yeah, it's pretty insane how willing people are to Rob Peter To Pay Paul when it comes to Trump. Like they can't see how it is a null sum loss according to their own values. Yeah, sure, the guy you voted for doesn't murder babies. But he holds nothing sacred except money, so how is that somehow better?
There's multiple thousands of corpses in Puerto Rico alone that almost certainly wouldn't have been there had the shitgibbon not became POTUS, children among them, that disagrees on the murders babies bit. Just as an idle start. GOP may be against abortion but they'll get behind baby murdering real damn quick, the nation sabotaging bastards.
I'm going to take a wild guess that very few women who were pregnant during the hurricane successfully gave birth, one way or the other.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22891 on: August 25, 2018, 02:58:34 pm »

Republican scientists have perfected their ideal wonder-drug. It prevents both abortion and birth. Women just stay pregnant permanently, and you never have to worry about childcare.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22892 on: August 25, 2018, 03:46:31 pm »

Proper irony is just sarcasm, which is the lowest form of wit. People act like "irony" is some magically great thing and that people "doing irony" wrong as somehow at fault. It's pretty silly. going off dictionary definitions:

Actually, "Puns are the lowest form of wit", was a quote by a guy whose only claim to authority about such issues was that he didn't like puns. "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit" is something that people say to disparage someone who just used sarcasm, even tho they're perfectly willing to use sarcasm in their own favor, and it's actually an inversion by Oscar Wilde, "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit… but the highest form of intelligence", of which the second part is normally omitted to remove it from its intended context.

Also sarcasm gets usually confused with irony. Irony means saying the opposite of what you mean, or an situation where the opposite of what's expected happens. Sarcasm is just a tone of voice in which it is delivered, and it can actually be used to say what you actually mean, instead of the opposite.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 03:48:27 pm by Sergius »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22893 on: August 25, 2018, 03:55:27 pm »

Wit is the lowest form of wit

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22894 on: August 25, 2018, 04:08:07 pm »

Ah, correction: shitposting is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of timewasting.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22895 on: August 25, 2018, 04:22:35 pm »

I'm pretty sure we can agree that The New Yorker cartoons are the lowest form of wit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22896 on: August 25, 2018, 04:46:23 pm »

Fuck is the new yorker?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22897 on: August 25, 2018, 04:49:22 pm »

Fuck is the new yorker?

Bagel at my local deli
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #22899 on: August 25, 2018, 05:00:11 pm »

Y'know, it's actually started mildly bugging me, the whole "lowest form of wit" thing. Critter might be trying to damn it with faint praise, but it's still admitting it's wit. Lowest form's still a form.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22900 on: August 25, 2018, 05:32:11 pm »

Y'know, it's actually started mildly bugging me, the whole "lowest form of wit" thing. Critter might be trying to damn it with faint praise, but it's still admitting it's wit. Lowest form's still a form.
'You are easily the worst pirates I've ever heard of.'
'But you have heard of us.'
t. Pirates of the Caribbean

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #22901 on: August 25, 2018, 06:00:54 pm »

Disney quotes are the lowest form of wit I've heard of
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #22902 on: August 25, 2018, 06:02:48 pm »

Chill man... hakuna matata!
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22903 on: August 25, 2018, 06:31:01 pm »

But you've heard of them.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22904 on: August 25, 2018, 06:33:54 pm »

Chill man... hakuna matata!

Zip-a-dee doo-dah.. *pow pow*

We regret to inform you Disney agents have found <insert name> dead of two gun shots to the back of the head, ruled an apparent suicide.  In lieu of flowers please make your contributions to Walt's Home for Unfortunate Child Singers
Pages: 1 ... 1525 1526 [1527] 1528 1529 ... 3568