Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4248079 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #2115 on: February 18, 2017, 09:24:08 pm »

I'm quite sorry to all, but when someone rants like this they clearly want a response, so I gotta give it to him.

"False equivalence" MY FAT WHITE ASS.
Hi, have you ever considered what calming down might do for you? It changed my life! Available now.
You and Misko are both outright refusing to accept that your shit stinks too, and that there are more consequences to being an SJW than just causing "hard feelings."
I dislike when I'm misrepresented like this.
you know, things like causing people to suffer financial adversity, subjecting children to poverty, that kind of thing?
I live on the edge of hunger every damn day. Gone without food for days. Walked around smelling like I was homeless. Solely due to the efforts of one man to deprive me and my family of food and other life essentials. So no, I don't know anything about that, obviously. Clearly everything you just assume from fragments is true.
It was perfectly A-OK by you guys when the SJWs were treated to the limelight in a respected manner by the MSM-- "defenders of equality and freedom" with all the rose colored hues--- but now that the light is reversed, and as Misko put it, "Breitbart controls the narrative", now its all shock and horror.
Two things: I don't think you ever read anything I've ever written before if you thought I was ok with things I've literally never discussed here. But when I argue that the 45th President of the United States is an escalation, that means it's ok to assume everything else about me?
Newsflash kids.
When someone starts their paragraph off with this, I can tell that whatever follows will be polite and well-thought-out.
there is this position called being moderate, which rejects BOTH of you.  That is where I sit.
weird, for once in your damn life explain to me why you alone have the right to decide and speak for the silent majority.
I see the damage that both the modern SJW crowd and its absurdities, and the damage caused by mainstream religious conservatives do to society, and I rate them as equally offensive, because underneath all the posturing and preening, both are exactly the same thing:
I think you're losing it a tiny bit here. If you are going to fling shit, either you are going to prove it right now or you are going to admit you are full of it.
A group of pretentious assholes asserting loudly that their way is the bestest way, and everyone else can just suck it, and damn the consequences if you disagree.
Of course, you'd never be rude or pretentious. Or say that your way is the bestest way and everyone can go suck it (unless they aren't moderates by your definition, fo course).
Your side supports forced "mental help" for people who dont support your world view.  Aside from the electrodes, what is the functional difference?  You are BOTH saying the other side is wrong, and needs to be fixed.
Here's what I see that is wrong:

One, you are being very rude, and this is not conducive to discussion. When you use allcaps, it's time to take a step back.
Two: if you are going to paint me with that brush you are going to have to do a better job. The only reason you seem to think you have a right to attack me is I argued the President is more powerful than tumblr, and that's apparently absolutely over the line and worth going into allcaps screaming about your white ass while apparently attacking me as an SJW.
Three: I've never met someone who thinks that screaming at people is being a moderate. You come off here as self-righteous, angry, and frankly just very rude as well.
Rolan, not reelya. Reelya is innocent here.

As for my lack of moderation-- possible. It's (true believers) a trigger for me, and I reject them soundly, in all forms.
So you're triggered you say? Well I'm sure glad that' I'm apparently an SJW now, because otherwise I'd make fun of you for hypocrisy.

That said, calling it a lack of "moderation" is ridiculous. "MY FAT WHITE ASS" indeed.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: February 18, 2017, 09:25:38 pm »

*hoses misko with a fire extinguisher* Lets not start shall we?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: February 18, 2017, 09:30:45 pm »

Hello Misko!  Good to see you!

When you say this--
    You and Misko are both outright refusing to accept that your shit stinks too, and that there are more consequences to being an SJW than just causing "hard feelings."
RIGHT AFTER YOU SAY THIS:

PTTG's right. This isn't a slapfight on the internet where the only stakes in play are feelings. One side is in the White House, with direct and unfiltered access to the President.

(emphasis mine. :))

I find any further tit for tat you might throw to be blatant hypocrisy, ok?  Thanks for playing.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 09:34:29 pm by wierd »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: February 18, 2017, 09:32:18 pm »

I don't think Misko would have said 'You and Misko' in a post of his, unless he was referring to himself in the third person.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: February 18, 2017, 09:33:13 pm »

I don't think Misko would have said 'You and Misko' in a post of his, unless he was referring to himself in the third person.

It's just an error in the quote block. I will fix it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: February 18, 2017, 09:33:55 pm »

As someone who has been in these kinds of discussions. People are hitting the explosion button.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: February 18, 2017, 09:35:43 pm »

Oh jeez this moved right along.  Welp.
When it is *MANDATED* either through an employer, or by a government institution, such as a court.

(protip, it does not work any better than forced conversion does.)
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/28636/
People interviewed after mandatory diversity classes...  Spoke negatively of the classes?  I'm not surprised :P
That doesn't support your conclusion that the classes don't work.  They're not supposed to be popular.  It's a lot easier to be casually racist or sexist when the company doesn't have a clear, official stance against it.  When people are forced to think about what they're doing, I think they tend to be more civil.

But hey, maybe companies shouldn't force that on people.  It seems like good business, based on how large companies almost universally do it, but perhaps we're ignoring people's rights to their uncontested prejudices.  Half-joking...  I believe the free market is speaking on this issue, but I understand how frustrated some people get about it.

Anyway...  These optional business practices are not equal to the way morality-conservatives have long used the law to ban or restrict things they find icky or blasphemous.  "Don't tell racist jokes in our office" is not equivalent to "I won't serve/hire you because you're gay".

Now to try to catch up with the thread, heh...  Maybe in the morning.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: February 18, 2017, 09:37:44 pm »

As someone who has been in these kinds of discussions. People are hitting the explosion button.

I think I defused it.

Neonivek has a point though, maybe this line of discussion could be moved elsewhere for the sake of sanity in this thread.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: February 18, 2017, 09:38:44 pm »

I think you missed this part rolan, it is kinda important.

After studying more than 800 companies across the country, Harvard sociologist Frank Dobin and Tel Aviv professor Alexandra Kalev found that companies made no gains in the proportion of white women, black men, or Hispanics in management and that the proportion of African American women and Asian American employees actually declined five years after the implementation of mandatory diversity training programs.

“We were quite surprised at first, because some of the most popular and costly programs — mandatory diversity training for instance — tend to backfire and this is what the quantitative data show,” Dobin wrote in an email to The College Fix.

In other words, the attempts to force diversity and sensitivity training in the work place, not only failed to see the intended gains, but also consistently resulted in a loss of diversity.

EG, it is about as effective at fixing that problem as conversion therapy is at fixing gayness, which is to say, not at all.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: February 18, 2017, 09:40:16 pm »

I didn't start. I think I'm being quite reasonable, frankly. He's throwing around names and allcaps and rudeness and when someone does that at me, I'm going to call them out on it. I mean did he not expect a response? If I was someone else I'd just report him and be done with it, but I'd rather not; nonetheless he must at least do me the decency of addressing me to my face.
I think I defused it.
If you want to defuse it you can do what I've been telling you do for 140 pages now and set some damn rules.

Hello Misko!  Good to see you!
I doubt this.
When you say this--

RIGHT AFTER YOU SAY THIS:

PTTG's right. This isn't a slapfight on the internet where the only stakes in play are feelings. One side is in the White House, with direct and unfiltered access to the President.
(emphasis mine. :))

I find any further tit for tat you might throw to be blatant hypocrisy, ok?  Thanks for playing.
I think you misunderstand me. Let's try a highlighting something different:
My reference is this quote was to slapfights on the internet vs. actual policy. An slapfight on the internet is exactly what this is. So yes, feelings are the only things in play, which is why I laughed at you complaining about being triggered despite going on about how feelings are the enemy. And as for my choice of words, you could mention the part where I accuse you of blatantly misrepresenting me and attempting to start a fight, but you've chosen not to address this. Until you do, we have a problem.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: February 18, 2017, 09:41:52 pm »

I didn't start. I think I'm being quite reasonable, frankly. He's throwing around names and allcaps and rudeness and when someone does that at me, I'm going to call them out on it. I mean did he not expect a response? If I was someone else I'd just report him and be done with it, but I'd rather not; nonetheless he must at least do me the decency of addressing me to my face.
I think I defused it.
If you want to defuse it you can do what I've been telling you do for 140 pages now and set some damn rules.

Some rules eh?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: February 18, 2017, 09:42:27 pm »

Except that thesis is untrue.

Slapfights on the internet, cause real problems for real people.

See, EG things like Doxxing.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: February 18, 2017, 09:42:33 pm »

*KAPOW*

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: February 18, 2017, 09:45:23 pm »

Yes but have they found out why sensitivity programs do that?

I mean they know why the drug campaigns at schools actually managed to increase the rate of drug use in schools.

If I was someone else I'd just report him and be done with it

I am not sure that would have went anywhere... The key is more that someone recognizably escalated and then someone escalated ontop of that...

People aren't asking you to stop from a position of weakness... Take that as a win. I know how terrible it is to have people disagree with you and then say YOU are the one who needs to stop simply because they don't agree with you... all the while including "Ohh and they are right... But you need to stop... But they are right" last word nonsense.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 09:47:08 pm by Neonivek »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: February 18, 2017, 09:45:57 pm »

j/k with the lock. Was just screwing with you guys and making you freak out a bit. I promise I won't do it again. :D

Any future locks will be for serious timeouts. :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 09:47:53 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 3569