Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1399 1400 [1401] 1402 1403 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4229383 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #21000 on: June 20, 2018, 04:20:11 pm »

Then again, why should we be criminally prosecuting illegal immigrants instead of just... deporting them? Why the kangaroo court?
It's generally justified with "deterrence." Same shit they use to justify dumping said people in dangerous border cities at night with no possessions. But it's okay because 'they should not tried to cross' is apparently justification for anything up to and including theft, rape, abuse, murder, and mass murder and I'm not kidding with that one. Such justice, much moral high ground. Truly we are the pinnacle of greatness.

Have I mentioned my sheathing hatred for US border policy?
Possibly, but I don't know what sheathing has to do with it, unless it's more of a kinky hate-sex kind of thing. (And that's all I have to say about that.)

Putting up walls to stop the free flow of labor goes against all the basic tenets of free-market philosophy. It's the same as the bible: they cherry pick which parts to cite and when to adhere to it or ignore it.
So does tariffs, but again: by gawd does Trump not give a damn.

Apparently, a wave of the children seperated from their families arrived in New York recently.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #21001 on: June 20, 2018, 04:27:13 pm »

It's not important that these facilities have been in use since long before the Trump administration, or that they are housed in conditions that frankly are nicer than my school or even the summer camps I went to as a kid were, or that their stay is temporary, or that there is literally nowhere else to send or keep them when they arrive.

What DOES matter is that we now have an opportunity to use this longstanding problem as a bludgeon against people we don't like. Nobody in our leadership cares one whit for these children, they care about exploiting children for political capital. Absolutely nobody cared enough to even CHECK until we realized Trump was bad and we could use these kids to get at him.

God damn your false equivalence is annoying. Did Obama officials occasionally detain children? Yes, of course. Did they separate them from their parents? Never remotely on this scale. Were they kept in cages? Was the Obama administration instituting a zero-tolerance policy specifically to terrorize some of the most desperate people on he continent? Absolutely not! Was the entire campaign, presidency, and program build on ideological racial hatred? Gonna go with no here...

Aside from the factual errors, this internet attitude that Obama (or The Democrats in general) was/are as bad as Trump doesn't have any useful conclusions. What's the takeaway supposed to be? That all voters are dumber than the enlightened neutral never-voter? That we'd all be better off if Ron Paul drove in on a bitcoin-powered hypetrain and saved us from regulation? That the faintest hint of nuance in Democratic a action is as bad as the overpowering miasma of Republican hypocrisy?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21002 on: June 20, 2018, 05:10:57 pm »

It's not important that these facilities have been in use since long before the Trump administration, or that they are housed in conditions that frankly are nicer than my school or even the summer camps I went to as a kid were, or that their stay is temporary, or that there is literally nowhere else to send or keep them when they arrive.

What DOES matter is that we now have an opportunity to use this longstanding problem as a bludgeon against people we don't like. Nobody in our leadership cares one whit for these children, they care about exploiting children for political capital. Absolutely nobody cared enough to even CHECK until we realized Trump was bad and we could use these kids to get at him.

God damn your false equivalence is annoying. Did Obama officials occasionally detain children? Yes, of course. Did they separate them from their parents? Never remotely on this scale. Were they kept in cages? Was the Obama administration instituting a zero-tolerance policy specifically to terrorize some of the most desperate people on he continent? Absolutely not! Was the entire campaign, presidency, and program build on ideological racial hatred? Gonna go with no here...

Aside from the factual errors, this internet attitude that Obama (or The Democrats in general) was/are as bad as Trump doesn't have any useful conclusions. What's the takeaway supposed to be? That all voters are dumber than the enlightened neutral never-voter? That we'd all be better off if Ron Paul drove in on a bitcoin-powered hypetrain and saved us from regulation? That the faintest hint of nuance in Democratic a action is as bad as the overpowering miasma of Republican hypocrisy?

Don't give me crap about false equivalence when you edit out my clearly stated point so you can write in your own. But at the same time, thanks for hammering home my point about partisan politics.

Quote from: oops i guess we forgot to quote this
If both sides have proposed a deal that could end this, and both sides turned them down, then neither side is actually interested in ending this.

EDIT: I don't need to pretend that the DEM leadership actually cares about people other than themselves or cares in the slightest about minorities past the votes they cast in order to know that detaining children and pulling them away from their families is entirely awful, thank you very much. I'm especially interested in remembering this now so that I don't end up falling for "Trump, but Blue" come next election.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 05:28:28 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21003 on: June 20, 2018, 05:21:38 pm »

Kinda' bullshit observation when one side actively started it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21004 on: June 20, 2018, 05:30:19 pm »

I'm sure there's a toddler in detention whose first thought at remaining there longer than they had to is "But at least the GOP started it".
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21005 on: June 20, 2018, 05:47:21 pm »

Yeah, just like some GOP fuck noted down all they have to do to get folks to shit on people that actually want this shit to stop is put kids in cages and blame people for not capitulating to everything the GOP wants immediately. Apparently it's working on some subset of the population.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21006 on: June 20, 2018, 05:56:02 pm »

Yes I guess I'll stop with the false equivalency and also stop pushing for everyone to give in to everything GOP wants immediately, I'm always doing that in between calling attention to the dangers of building an identity around any political acronym whatsoever.

Meanwhile that same toddler is applauding the American people for their decisive action when they are reunited with their parents 4 months later. It was worth missing out on that chunk of their formative years to make sure everyone saw us stick it properly to the right bad guy, he will say when he is grown.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 05:58:43 pm by Dunamisdeos »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #21007 on: June 20, 2018, 06:33:58 pm »

Who are you even responding to? Did you think someone is unhappy that Trump signed an order to get children detained with their parents?

You're as partisan as anyone I've ever met, your party is just NPP.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21008 on: June 20, 2018, 07:37:52 pm »

We have a government run by a group of monstrous, self serving, opportunistic, exploitative and conniving imps. Their greatest opposition styles itself as a shining knight for the simple act of barely treading above that line.

Why anyone, anywhere would give either of these people power over their personal beliefs is beyond me. My personal beliefs dictate who I associate with, not the other way around, and I've never made any hint or pretense to the contrary. Everyone should feel free to belong to whichever system of belief or political party they feel does the most overall good, and I don't hold animosity towards those who decide to belong to one group or another. I do have a very strong aversion to the people who take the responsibility of leading those people and spit on it for their own profit.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #21009 on: June 20, 2018, 08:06:30 pm »

Just gonna be that guy, this time, to remind everyone to enhance their calm.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21010 on: June 20, 2018, 08:10:34 pm »

No, give in to your hate, and together we can rule the galaxy!

... wait that doesn’t seem quite right.

Kill each other so a new order can rise!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21011 on: June 20, 2018, 08:10:59 pm »

Yeah look I have a two year old and I'm sorry I went all soap box. It all hits home for me.

Here look I made an amusing jpg today about Trump's Galactic Ultra-Oppression Corps or whatever we are calling it, can we call pax?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quick Edit: I was ninja'd by Hector, and wow that's funny.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #21012 on: June 20, 2018, 08:11:44 pm »

Expected a 40k meme. I am disappoint.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21013 on: June 20, 2018, 08:12:53 pm »

What if I told you I shrunk his hands down by like 300% and you probably didn't notice?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21014 on: June 20, 2018, 08:59:09 pm »

Hehe, nice touch. My dad likes the image too, thanks for sharing!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 1399 1400 [1401] 1402 1403 ... 3567