Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1302 1303 [1304] 1305 1306 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4230069 times)

Shazbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: new thread subtitle pending
« Reply #19545 on: May 02, 2018, 07:20:01 am »

The "nuclear focusing" concepts you are talking about are the realm of science fiction. Little, if any, of it has been demonstrated experimentally, and the sources you speak of are little more than conspiracy theories.
If this were true then it would literally invalidate the theoretical explanation behind every successful Teller-Ulam design test, wouldn't it?

Lord Shonus may be thinking of Casaba Howitzer specifically here, which tends to be described as a nuclear shaped charge but is, like the Teller-Ulam spark plug, reliant on shaping the radiation front rather than the blast.

EDIT: The same basic principle is behind any nuclear weapon with a neutron reflector, come to think of it.

Horse, meet water.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19546 on: May 02, 2018, 09:12:41 am »

The "nuclear focusing" concepts you are talking about are the realm of science fiction. Little, if any, of it has been demonstrated experimentally, and the sources you speak of are little more than conspiracy theories.
If this were true then it would literally invalidate the theoretical explanation behind every successful Teller-Ulam design test, wouldn't it?

Lord Shonus may be thinking of Casaba Howitzer specifically here, which tends to be described as a nuclear shaped charge but is, like the Teller-Ulam spark plug, reliant on shaping the radiation front rather than the blast.

EDIT: The same basic principle is behind any nuclear weapon with a neutron reflector, come to think of it.

Horse, meet water.

I'm going to regret asking this, but what do you mean by that?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19547 on: May 02, 2018, 10:04:35 am »

Is Trump right that you guys need space marines?

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/05/01/politics/trump-space-force-us-military/index.html
Its worse, in the article Trump is quoted trying to claim we already have a space military.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19548 on: May 02, 2018, 10:07:35 am »

Well, I mean, aren't astronauts technically lumped in under a military umbrella, organizationally? Don't have to be a soldier to be military.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19549 on: May 02, 2018, 10:57:14 am »

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/05/01/politics/trump-space-force-us-military/index.html
Its worse, in the article Trump is quoted trying to claim we already have a space military.

Uh, not really? He said that Space was a theater of operation, which is true not that there is a military branch dedicated to it. I mean, you guys have military stuff in space, it's just handled by the air force. I think there could be an argument to create a dedicated space command (like USCYBERCOM), although a fully fledged space corp seems a bit too much.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19550 on: May 02, 2018, 12:13:35 pm »

How is anyone not on board with Space Marines? Do the rest of you not get behind ideas based on the level of radness they represent? What are you doing to America??
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 12:17:12 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19551 on: May 02, 2018, 12:15:20 pm »

I want space knights
Love, scriver~

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19552 on: May 02, 2018, 12:17:00 pm »

This guy gets it
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19553 on: May 02, 2018, 12:25:13 pm »

This guy gets it
But will they have bazookas?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19554 on: May 02, 2018, 12:26:28 pm »

This guy gets it
But will they have bazookas?

If you vote bazooka party (in 2020, your party for equal bazooka representation) they damn sure will.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #19555 on: May 02, 2018, 12:40:13 pm »

Join the Space Corps. We have space bazookas and things are going positively ballistic.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #19556 on: May 02, 2018, 01:33:22 pm »

Please, it makes this more likely to happen.

That is why we do not eyeball it!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19557 on: May 02, 2018, 02:01:00 pm »

I think there could be an argument to create a dedicated space command (like USCYBERCOM), although a fully fledged space corp seems a bit too much.

Oh, that's far too reasonable. It's not a real war or even worth our time unless we have some means to send people to die. Thus why USCYBERCOM is full of Matrix Marines and the Space Corps will be launching the USS Fictional Protoyping Is Real so Good Job Trekkies next week, at least in the popular understanding: because we just don't care as much about problems that don't bleed when you solve them.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19558 on: May 02, 2018, 02:09:31 pm »

Uh, not really? He said that Space was a theater of operation, which is true not that there is a military branch dedicated to it. I mean, you guys have military stuff in space, it's just handled by the air force. I think there could be an argument to create a dedicated space command (like USCYBERCOM), although a fully fledged space corp seems a bit too much.
That is not the part I was talking about.
We may even have a space force.
^based on past grammatical patterns, he is not talking about the future in this statement^
You probably haven't even heard that. I'm just telling you now. We're getting very big in space, both militarily and for other reasons, and we are seriously thinking of the Space Force
"We are getting big in space" is a straight up lie.  We already are "big in space".  That growth has slowed to a halt.  Also note the implication that the new Space Force will be built out of current assets already in space.  Trump is doing Trump things; he doesn't know if we have a space military or not so he's saying hypothetically we might.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19559 on: May 02, 2018, 07:44:38 pm »

So we discussed Facebook and Zuckerberg's promises to totes mcgoats respect people's privacy and think more about his responsibilities thereof etc etc

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/apr/19/facebook-moves-15bn-users-out-of-reach-of-new-european-privacy-law
Pages: 1 ... 1302 1303 [1304] 1305 1306 ... 3567