Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1186 1187 [1188] 1189 1190 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4226181 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: AmeriPol: Russia investigation sheneinighans
« Reply #17805 on: March 05, 2018, 06:56:02 am »

Are you saying he didn't wipe out those little acorn penised beauties?
He missed

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17806 on: March 05, 2018, 09:40:23 am »

On sundays.
Violations were punished by nuns with whips.

West Virginia has a similar no-beer-on-sundays law.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17807 on: March 05, 2018, 10:51:47 am »

Guess what on the Delta airline NRA discount, there were only 13 people even using said discount. 13 out of what, 5 million NRA members? That totally makes business sense to me to discontinue a discount that is barely even being used at all. I suppose it's possible that the discount wasn't well known or there are just better, more attractive, discounts available, but still, I wonder if those Georgia state legislators knew that it was barely being used at all.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17808 on: March 05, 2018, 01:00:52 pm »

Guess what on the Delta airline NRA discount, there were only 13 people even using said discount. 13 out of what, 5 million NRA members? That totally makes business sense to me to discontinue a discount that is barely even being used at all. I suppose it's possible that the discount wasn't well known or there are just better, more attractive, discounts available, but still, I wonder if those Georgia state legislators knew that it was barely being used at all.

Already commented a couple of days ago on this, but I can't imagine anyone thought it was being used in a widespread manner.

Also given that Delta spends around a billion a year on jet fuel. 40 million really isn't hurting them that much.

This was nearly 100% symbolic gestures on both sides. (Although admittedly 40 million is a little less symbolic than 10-20% off 13 plane tickets.)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17809 on: March 05, 2018, 03:41:44 pm »

Paul Ryan annouced that if Trump goes ahead with his tarriffs, the Republican Party will cancel that in congress.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17810 on: March 05, 2018, 03:56:30 pm »

Paul Ryan annouced that if Trump goes ahead with his tarriffs, the Republican Party will cancel that in congress.

Would they though? That's a tall order to get his people in line to openly defy Trump. Obviously a good number of them you'd have no problem doing so. But I think it's not quite a sure majority. They would probably need Democratic help, and there's no sure thing there either. They may like tariffs for their own reasons, or they might just defy Ryan and hope to see everything crash and burn under Republican helmsmanship. On the other hand, there are definitely a fair few number of Democrats who are almost as staunchly free trade as the mainstream Republican party who would likely join them.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17811 on: March 05, 2018, 04:04:37 pm »

The "Republicans fall in line" tendency might come to an interesting end here, with an internal conflict between the wishes of the President and the wishes of Congressional leaders.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17812 on: March 05, 2018, 04:15:08 pm »

Would they though? That's a tall order to get his people in line to openly defy Trump. Obviously a good number of them you'd have no problem doing so. But I think it's not quite a sure majority. They would probably need Democratic help, and there's no sure thing there either. They may like tariffs for their own reasons, or they might just defy Ryan and hope to see everything crash and burn under Republican helmsmanship. On the other hand, there are definitely a fair few number of Democrats who are almost as staunchly free trade as the mainstream Republican party who would likely join them.
I doubt Ryan would have openly made that promise if he hadn't internally polled congress to be reasonably sure of a majority, or he'd stand to lose face much.
A lot of Republicans really fear a trade war.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #17813 on: March 05, 2018, 04:33:37 pm »

Paul Ryan is really into his econimc freedoms isn’t he?  I believe him and his allies would be against anything that restricts businesses.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17814 on: March 05, 2018, 04:34:09 pm »

I doubt Ryan would have openly made that promise if he hadn't internally polled congress to be reasonably sure of a majority, or he'd stand to lose face much.
*canned laughter*
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17815 on: March 05, 2018, 05:13:44 pm »

Uh. Okay, so do you lot have any insight into what the hell is going on with Nunberg, or is it just straight up as ridiculous as it's looking like it is?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17816 on: March 05, 2018, 05:17:59 pm »

I’m not going to go to jail. He’s not going to do anything. He’s not going to do anything. I think it would be funny if they arrested me.
By the way, I think my lawyer’s gonna dump me right now
The mantra of a man about to go down in flames. I guess in theory he could be falling on his sword for Trump or Roger Stone. But disbelief in consequences tends to just be what people on privilege overdose say before they explode.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17817 on: March 05, 2018, 09:35:39 pm »

I’m not going to go to jail. He’s not going to do anything. He’s not going to do anything. I think it would be funny if they arrested me.
By the way, I think my lawyer’s gonna dump me right now
The mantra of a man about to go down in flames. I guess in theory he could be falling on his sword for Trump or Roger Stone. But disbelief in consequences tends to just be what people on privilege overdose say before they explode.

Rep. Adam Schiff is now calling for the House Intel committee to interview him. Not that they may actually do so, given that the Republicans are trying to aim to wrap up the House commitee investigation. The House Intel commitee investigation has been completely screwed by partianship anyway.

Now he's saying that he'll probably end up cooperating anyway?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 09:56:10 pm by smjjames »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #17818 on: March 05, 2018, 11:06:19 pm »

Uh. Okay, so do you lot have any insight into what the hell is going on with Nunberg, or is it just straight up as ridiculous as it's looking like it is?

Two possibilities:
  • He's acting crazy as a diversion from something else, such as the cavalcade of Trump's other crises, in which case he's loyal but probably ineffective.
  • He's acting crazy because he is actually having an emotional breakdown.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17819 on: March 05, 2018, 11:08:34 pm »

Two possibilities:
  • He's acting crazy as a diversion from something else, such as the cavalcade of Trump's other crises, in which case he's loyal but probably ineffective.
  • He's acting crazy because he is actually having an emotional breakdown.
I actually suspect the second, especially if he is cooperating now.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 1186 1187 [1188] 1189 1190 ... 3566