Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 3568

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4243140 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #1665 on: February 12, 2017, 03:44:11 pm »

BTW, that person in the interview got a personal praise from Trump:
Quote from: @realDonaldTrump
Congratulations Stephen Miller- on representing me this morning on the various Sunday morning shows. Great job!
It's not entirely unwarranted - that Miller guy has a really well-disciplined style of speech. I can practically hear the eagles screeching in the background.
._.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: February 12, 2017, 04:11:18 pm »

I never thought of myself as "white" until I was told to shut up because I am, until I was told I was evil because I was born.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1667 on: February 12, 2017, 04:16:28 pm »

I never thought of myself as "white" until I was told to shut up because I am, until I was told I was evil because I was born.
yr a fikki wite mail stfu

In all seriousness though why would you define yourself in terms by people who hate you, sounds like you want to get wrecked. Mindwrecked

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: February 12, 2017, 04:25:34 pm »

Fear names. Names have power in identity.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1669 on: February 12, 2017, 04:48:32 pm »

What's the whole story here? Was this Barack Obama?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: February 12, 2017, 06:14:03 pm »

From a few days ago, a missed gem: US customs agents may require foreigners' social media passwords as part of vetting

"We want to get on their social media, with passwords: What do you do, what do you say?" said Kelly. "If they don't want to cooperate then you don't come in."
C o o l
._.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: February 12, 2017, 06:19:25 pm »

Well yeah. I guess that made sense, since the plan is to exempt foreigners from all privacy protection laws.

Seems like a splendid idea. We should encourage the EU to abolish privacy rights of non EU citizens as well and force US travellers to give us their passwords. /s

EDIT: makes me wonder though. I don't have a Facebook, or a Twitter account. Is having those mandatory to enter the US?
Also, wouldn't giving your password to the US government be in breach of Facebook / Twitter EULA, as in, don't give your password to third parties? So anyone getting a visum for the US can expect a permaban haha lol.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 06:24:12 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: February 12, 2017, 06:24:33 pm »

Well yeah. I guess that made sense, since the plan is to exempt foreigners from all privacy protection laws.

It is more than just Privacy Protection.

Remember that if a police officer goes into your house with a warrant, they still don't have the power to loot your entire house looking for evidence... The warrant lists a very specific goal. Sure there are exceptions, like if they find a dead body in your house, but they are typically egregious.

So even assuming this is given to a private committee of law enforcers who won't abuse this. What protections will be in place to ensure that this won't be used for fishing expeditions or other legal issues?

What is funny is I don't typically use social Media... my Facebook is all but blank.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: February 12, 2017, 06:43:57 pm »

Fuck, like I can remember my password without doing the muscle-memory trick I used to make it, just looks like gibberish.

"What did you say it was again?"
'This: *purses lips and blows a raspberry for three seconds before pulling my cheeks to vary the tune for two seconds* with a 1 on the end.'

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1674 on: February 12, 2017, 06:46:23 pm »

Remember that if a police officer goes into your house with a warrant, they still don't have the power to loot your entire house looking for evidence... The warrant lists a very specific goal. Sure there are exceptions, like if they find a dead body in your house, but they are typically egregious.
Boston Bombing set the precedent that actually, police can search in the houses of a whole city without warrant because a murderer is on the loose

So even assuming this is given to a private committee of law enforcers who won't abuse this. What protections will be in place to ensure that this won't be used for fishing expeditions or other legal issues?
Hahaha there will be no protection, Snowden done nothing wrong

What is funny is I don't typically use social Media... my Facebook is all but blank.
You may not use facebook, but that doesn't mean you're invisible. You retain your digital footprint elsewhere and your friends will tag information of you they collect. In this manner, few who are not complete recluses or living outside global lines of communication can ever truly not be known

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: February 12, 2017, 06:49:29 pm »

Also, wouldn't giving your password to the US government be in breach of Facebook / Twitter EULA, as in, don't give your password to third parties? So anyone getting a visum for the US can expect a permaban haha lol.
It's an EULA breach, yes. I want to say even with an explicitly issued warrant -- law can compel physical access to a device but personal information such as passwords is a hell of a lot sketchier on the legal mandate front. Iirc that's one of the things that have been brought up in court to get employers asking for that stuff to knock it the hell off. Pretty sure it's not a criminal breach, but forcing visitors to give social media passwords is basically forcing them to commit civil law violations, specifically of the contract sort. I'd be hella' surprised if that's not a lawsuit waiting for someone pissed off and wealthy enough to handle the court fees.

Though for what it's worth, it's not really all privacy protection laws. The 1974 one's still in full effect, even for non-citizens et al. The practical impact of that kinda' remains to be seen. It'd be some kind of morbid hilarity if fuckups related to that cost the US more in court fees than what we're spending to ramp up visitor harassment.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: February 12, 2017, 06:51:42 pm »

Hell, I can't even remember mine unless I have a keyboard right in front of me. Same problem as Max, really.
Trace the letters for a word across the keyboard:

$#WSDtrfg7ujyi was made by drawing "Cat" in a certain way on the keyboard, I don't keep track of what keys I hit, just the shape I drew and where I started it, and I'm not going to demonstrate it for some asshole guard dammit, they want to get into my facebook I haven't touched in... I have no idea how long, they can keep practicing until they figure out which part of my explanation was key, and how I did it. I got nowhere to be, fuck it, let's waste all the time!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: February 12, 2017, 06:53:32 pm »

(Dear god, are there people who don't do that sort of thing besides grandparents?)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: February 12, 2017, 06:54:45 pm »

So... what's to stop people making entirely fake accounts before they leave?

Or even maintaining an entirely fake account for a bit before leaving?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: February 12, 2017, 06:56:31 pm »

Plus I mean... "Hey man, got the bombs ready, gonna go blow some shit up at 3, brb lol not really cause I'll be blowing up!"

If it was 4chan behind the phishing I'd be worried.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 3568