Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4237556 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #1365 on: February 08, 2017, 09:02:39 am »

I'm not convinced Congress would not allow Trump to simply appoint his cousin to a position at this point.

I'm pretty sure they'd okay it if he appointed a horse as consul.
Next thing you know he appoints the horse as the successor to a temple, and suddenly you have horse vikings forming the Roman Empire...
I wouldn't put it past trump to have the "lunatic" trait...
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: February 08, 2017, 09:07:08 am »

Let's hope he rolls the "sacrifice yourself to Cthulu" event chain.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: February 08, 2017, 09:22:56 am »

I'm not convinced Congress would not allow Trump to simply appoint his cousin to a position at this point.

I don't think he's got the guts to do it, but I'll believe it when I hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: February 08, 2017, 11:30:48 am »

Bannon's going to skin Trump and wear his skin like a costume.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: February 08, 2017, 12:39:24 pm »

Bannon's going to skin Trump and wear his skin like a costume.

Next step in Bannon's quest to retrieve the Triforce
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: February 08, 2017, 12:57:28 pm »

I don't think he's got the guts to do it, but I'll believe it when I hear it straight from the horse's mouth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT8sl9ZyICE
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1371 on: February 08, 2017, 02:32:50 pm »

Every time I start to think that the problem with Trump is that his supporters are disconnected from his actual actions, I check out /r/asktrumpsupporters.

The scary thing is these people sound almost rational. Not that their arguments are rational, but that they sound similar to marcov chains based off of things rational people have said. They use citations (of a sort), sometimes.

But they say things like they wish Trump hadn't "abandoned his muslim ban," or that "DeVos is a sign he's 'draining the swamp.'"

The problem with Trump is, I suspect, a problem with America, and that is that it's at least 20% terrible human beings.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: February 08, 2017, 02:37:37 pm »

I hear Betsy DeVos is saying that bears in school could protect students from guns. Or something like that. Makes sense to me.

The right to armored bears is very important.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 02:40:39 pm by Reelya »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: February 08, 2017, 02:43:22 pm »

I personally can't wait until the public school system is retooled to support good values in children by teaching them the objectively true tenants of the Christian faith and emphasizing the need for salvation by Jesus Christ.

I doubly can't wait for the first badly thought out abstinence poster, showing Jesus with his hands shielding a teenager's genitals from sin and darkness.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: February 08, 2017, 02:44:34 pm »

Apparently Sean Spicer is now harping on about some Atlanta terrorist attack, except nobody knows wtf he's talking about. First Conway now Spicer. They've got Alternative Facts running on overdrive. I mean, opinion is one thing but to have a separate reality with different historical events to everyone else is another thing.

BTW Betsy DeVos is the wife of the president of Amway, which suggests a great new pyramid model of education.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 02:48:58 pm by Reelya »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: February 08, 2017, 02:47:16 pm »

I hear Betsy DeVos is saying that bears in school could protect students from guns. Or something like that. Makes sense to me.

The right to armored bears is very important.

Just a few hours earlier, I saw a trailer for the new Russian fild "Defenders", that is to be aired on 23rd February, which had a scene with, and I'm serious about it, a bear wielding a Gatling gun, just like on this picture.

Obviously this means that DeVos is just trying to prepare the children for the reality of the inevitable impending Russian occupation of mainland USA.
._.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: February 08, 2017, 02:48:11 pm »

What if they're actually from another timeline where all this is normal? Maybe Trump accidentally found a way to make portals to other worlds, and that's where he's getting them from.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1377 on: February 08, 2017, 03:02:31 pm »

Philidelphia Senator Daylin Leach (D), in response to Trump's threat to "destroy" a (the?) senator's career, called Trump a "fascist, loofa-faced shit-gibbon."

Beyond a doubt, never in American history has a white president been so insulted. What will those democrats stoop to next?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 03:06:10 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: February 08, 2017, 03:07:09 pm »

What if they're actually from another timeline where all this is normal? Maybe Trump accidentally found a way to make portals to other worlds, and that's where he's getting them from.
Nah, Trump isn't anywhere near intelligent enough to even 'accidentally' find such levels of technology. It makes much more sense that an alien species has opened a portal to a universe of alternate facts, dooming us all to Trump, either in preparation for an invasion, or for alien movie rights. I suspect the latter. If you're powerful enough to cast a Trump rift, you don't need a silly little planet like ours, except for entertainment value.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: February 08, 2017, 03:08:03 pm »

Ah right so Trump's also pro civil forfeiture. really a champ for the little guy..
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 3567