Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4228807 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #1050 on: February 06, 2017, 09:13:34 am »

Well Trump could avoid all bad news by sacking everyone in the department of labor, and the Congressional Budget Office and putting Bannon in charge of distributing all the economic data from now on. Don't trust those so-called economics professors and their fake data.

He's complaining about the job approval polls, not the info on the current state of the economy. He was actually quite pleased with the latest job report, which is economy.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: February 06, 2017, 09:16:28 am »

I should state to the defense I've seen of Trump that 'some' of what he does is technically legal

And state that the abilities of the President that allow him to act in ways that would, for anyone else, be illegal is there to allow the president to act as needed. It is one of the major reasons why we even have these elections, because we want to get someone we as a whole feel is responsible enough to handle that kind of power responsibly. It is why we have a president and don't just rule by council or committee.

There is a saying: The President is the servant of the people, and the people are the boss.

, since we're having the "is using SJW wrong and/or are there bad leftists" conversation again, I'll just go ahead and link my post about it again since I don't think I'm likely to improve it: 1, 2, 3

Ohh, like the term Homophobia. Ohh wait people would argue for that term to remain in circulation wouldn't they? :P

Or would it be like the term "Brony"... ehh probably not.

It think it is more that the word SJW has been co-oped and turned into something completely different... Instead of SJWs having their reputation thrown so far in the mud due to outliers that it has a huge negative association.

Though I hesitate to call a SJW, even using the term of it that means crazy person, as a leftist... Given that their typical viewpoints are very... Non-liberal... what with them advocating segregation, sexism, anti-free speech... and other things.

If anything it often feels like those old ideals "White America" being paraded around as liberal or progressive. A sort of Faux Progressive mindset. "Hey, women are getting lots of jobs... How do we make it seem progressive to keep women out of the workforce? I know! How about men are SOOO sexist, that they should be separate from women so they don't violate them with their presence?"

Anyhow SJW is kind of in the category I'd put "White Knight" under (in fact, that is the word the current definition comes from). In that it is said sarcastically or ironically. The entire point is that the "Social Justice" Warrior... Isn't really fighting for social justice.

Which it is unfortunate because for a bit there SJW wasn't an ironic term... but dang evolving language... At least it isn't the "Brony" Situation. At least someone who used to call themselves a SJW can still call themselves an activist.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 09:19:47 am by Neonivek »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: February 06, 2017, 09:20:27 am »

If the people were the boss, Trump wouldn't be president. Trump is the avatar of the electoral college
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: February 06, 2017, 09:31:40 am »

Though I hesitate to call a SJW, even using the term of it that means crazy person, as a leftist... Given that their typical viewpoints are very... Non-liberal... what with them advocating segregation, sexism, anti-free speech... and other things.

It's quite possible that they are in fact a type of reactionary conservatism, but grounded in social democratic tradition, as opposed to a christian-right tradition. After all, soviets who score highly on the same metric as right-wing authoritarian were actually the pro-Stalin types (ultra-orthodox supporters of the strongman/traditional values/authority). The guy who did the RWA scale said he couldn't find analogous "liberal fascists" in the USA, but that was several decades ago, "Democrat" values are entrenched in many parts of the nation now, to the point you get ultra-orthodox types, who would probably end up as the biggest "bible bashers" if they grew up in the christian belt.

You can also note that radical left usually jump right to the radical right and vice-versa, rather than e.g. going to centre/right/left/moderate. So this suggests that radicals on both sides have more mental faculties in common with each other than more centrist voters.

And a lot of the SJW types on campuses who push the victim thing do actually appeal to authority (they appeal to campus authorities, title IX, sexual harassment tribunals) instead of the traditional "grass roots" idea of leftism. Basically the old-school leftists would never have instantly relied on the campus authorities to solve inter-personal issues, because the college authorities were "The Man". Now, many SJWs openly embrace the college authorities coercive power.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 09:37:57 am by Reelya »

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: February 06, 2017, 09:52:22 am »

SJWs are simply the left's sycophants.

There are some peoples that care more about being "in" than being just, and will push reasoning to the extreme just to claim moral superiority and purity.

Those peoples quickly destroy any semblance of coherence in any movement, and make the "extreme" fringe to pretty much any movement. PETA is that to the defense of animals for instance.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: February 06, 2017, 09:54:06 am »

Is it like that criticism I see pushed towards SJW: "To show I am tolerant I will hate as many people as necessary"?

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: February 06, 2017, 09:59:48 am »

Well with that kind of peoples you don't run out of criticism easily because they espouse undefendable views just to show how committed to the cause they are. Once again, PETA comes to mind.
Fringe Christian groups are also a good example.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: February 06, 2017, 10:01:49 am »

Is it like that criticism I see pushed towards SJW: "To show I am tolerant I will hate as many people as necessary"?

That seems to be more of the way they act rather than any stereotype pushed against them.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: February 06, 2017, 10:04:21 am »

Pfffffhahahahaha:

But for the moment, Mr. Bannon remains the president’s dominant adviser, despite Mr. Trump’s anger that he was not fully briefed on details of the executive order he signed giving his chief strategist a seat on the National Security Council, a greater source of frustration to the president than the fallout from the travel ban.
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: February 06, 2017, 10:05:57 am »

Well with that kind of peoples you don't run out of criticism easily because they espouse undefendable views just to show how committed to the cause they are. Once again, PETA comes to mind.
Fringe Christian groups are also a good example.

Man do I dislike PETA... oddly enough less for their views (which is often... irrational) but because they KEEP getting paraded as "THE" voice of animal rights and animal protection.

So the majority of people who believe in animal rights and animal protection... Who have a disdain for PETA as it is... Are still represented by PETA.

It would be like if Gun Rights was heralded by the Terminator...

PETA is hilarious when you don't have to take them seriously... but once again... If you believe that a company doesn't have the right to flaw animals alive to see how much pain they experience... Well TOO BAD because PETA is the one taking the case!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: February 06, 2017, 10:07:53 am »

Speaking of the earlier strand on polls he's of the opinion that negative polls are fake news, which is almost exactly his position on polls during the campaign. Whether he is just bullshitting and covering his ass (and pandering to his slice(NOT an euphenism)) or whether he truly believes that is another matter entirely.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: February 06, 2017, 10:10:48 am »

Speaking of the earlier strand on polls he's of the opinion that negative polls are fake news, which is almost exactly his position on polls during the campaign. Whether he is just bullshitting and covering his ass (and pandering to his slice(NOT an euphenism)) or whether he truly believes that is another matter entirely.

You know Trump... You could easily save face and INSTEAD explain that by "Fake news" you don't mean "They made it up" so much that "This isn't news, your just being sensationalist when there are real stories out there. Your major news outlets not a English Tabloid"

---

Also wow! Trump is going to end up having more executive orders then... the last ten presidents combined at this rate.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 10:14:36 am by Neonivek »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: February 06, 2017, 10:30:42 am »

Also wow! Trump is going to end up having more executive orders then... the last ten presidents combined at this rate.

but its ok because it isn't a democrat doing the executive orders
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: February 06, 2017, 10:37:13 am »

It really staggers belief that Trump didn't read the orders he's signing.

I'd guess that what a couple of us have said: me about his personality disorder, and others about possible senility are probably correct.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: February 06, 2017, 10:55:33 am »

So we have an egomaniacal, possibly senile, septuagenarian, neofascist, fact-denying, conspiracy-theory-believing, power-crazed reality TV star who refuses to watch credible news outlets with legitimate information to present, who refuses to spend time with his family or show his wife, like, you know, actual respect as a human being, who shows up to work an HOUR AND A HALF later than the last President (Who himself showed up an hour later than the next latest), refuses to read the Presidential Brief (AKA that thing that tells the President what the fuck is going on in the real world) and makes his decisions irrationally, without outside interference, based on his 'intelligence' and 'business skill' (from a guy that fucking BANKRUPTED FIVE COMPANIES).

What the actual fuck is going on.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 3567