Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 667 668 [669] 670 671 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4253859 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: The Russian shoe deepens
« Reply #10020 on: August 05, 2017, 03:00:33 pm »

The 40 cents is what the insurance company pays the pharmaceutical supplier. The patient pays nothing at all, except monthly health insurance fees (or well, the patient pays up to about 400 euros extra per year 'personal risk fee', but that's for any and all medical services required (except visits to the GP), not just those specific pills)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 03:03:02 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10021 on: August 05, 2017, 05:46:06 pm »

It's probably coming more from the Netherlands' euthanasia practices than from Charlie Gard. It's a source of propaganda amongst the right-wing of the healthcare debate for...pretty much everything, real or imagined. They make up so much stuff I have a hard time remembering what parts are true and what are lies, such as giving suicide drugs to minors who are mentally but not physically ill or any of the stories of "soft" coercion of the sick elderly to "stop wasting time" and die.

Look, the truth is -- old, sick people are actually sent to FEMA camps to be forced to play Hunger Games. The losers are turned into Soylent which is stolen by illegal immigrants, mixed with baby parts from Planned Parenthood and then dumped in the water to TURN THE FRIGGIN' FROGS GAY.

conspearasee -- am i doing it rite?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10022 on: August 05, 2017, 06:05:04 pm »

No, you forgot to plug something you sell to make the conspiracy go away/less of a problem.

Dumbass.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10023 on: August 05, 2017, 06:11:58 pm »

He forgot because it's a REAL CONSPIRACY.

Luckily I was on the inner circle and am ready to sell you CONSPIRAFREE, the magic weight loss/anti-government/anti-GOP pill that protects you from [insert crisis] call now!
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10024 on: August 05, 2017, 06:16:21 pm »

No, you forgot to plug something you sell to make the conspiracy go away/less of a problem.

Dumbass.
Wouldn't you just know it, I got a helluva' thing here. Specially trained burmese cobras, able to turn a hundred square foot radius into a dying ground for gay frogs. You come to me and we can cut these FEMA bastards' plan off right at the spigot.

Look, look. Specially trained, man. You'll be fine, and those slimy crooked legged shitsuckers won't get a foothold in your neighborhood. Trust me here, I just need a little bit to cover transportation costs, and then you'll be golden.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10025 on: August 05, 2017, 11:26:05 pm »

Some good news from Pew Research, Trump's presidency doesn't seem to have had much success in kicking off a wave of xenophobia. It also highlights just how much of a minority demographic conservative Republicans really are.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10026 on: August 06, 2017, 05:07:43 am »

Why is there no outrage over it costing 13.50 in the first place? The pill costs 40 cents in the Netherlands. It's almost as if your health department / insurance negotiator / whomever it is that sets healthcare prices really hates people with hiv.

You know, there is a reason most new drugs hit US markets first. Also, isn't the Netherlands the country where they refuse you health care if you have a "terminal" illness? (At least a few of which can be treated in the US via very expensive methods)

I have literally never heard of anything like that happening.

But the funny part of course is that with that statement you are saying that in the US you just won't get care if you are poor.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10027 on: August 06, 2017, 05:10:06 am »

Still medicine prices aren't as straight forward as they seem.

Since only a tiny portion of medicines tested ever reach the market (<10% of medicines that reach the clinical stage) the medicines that do reach the market have to pay for the research costs of those that don't.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #10028 on: August 06, 2017, 05:18:08 am »

But single payer systems do normally manage to deal for better prices.  And afford more options for more people, as well.
You know, there is a reason most new drugs hit US markets first.

This is not true either.  When there are discrepancies about drugs getting released in one place earlier than others it usually has to do with the regulation process. But overall drug releases are the same all over the place.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10029 on: August 06, 2017, 05:29:46 am »

The US government has officially threatened DPRK with military intervention, if DRPK continues it's missile tests.

https://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/vn-veiligheidsraad-kondigt-sancties-af-tegen-noord-korea-vs-dreigen-met-militair-ingrijpen~a4509892/

Also, new sanctions against DPRK passed the UN security council unanimously, China nor Russia objected.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 05:35:57 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10030 on: August 06, 2017, 06:02:48 am »

The US government has officially threatened DPRK with military intervention, if DRPK continues it's missile tests.

https://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/vn-veiligheidsraad-kondigt-sancties-af-tegen-noord-korea-vs-dreigen-met-militair-ingrijpen~a4509892/

Also, new sanctions against DPRK passed the UN security council unanimously, China nor Russia objected.

Told you Trump was impulsive enough for a war with North Korea to happen.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10031 on: August 06, 2017, 07:42:52 am »

Nuclear proliferation is worth fighting over, it'd be like Saddam but the WMDs actually exist

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10032 on: August 06, 2017, 08:00:39 am »

Nuclear proliferation is worth fighting over, it'd be like Saddam but the WMDs actually exist

You are not wrong though.

North Korea used the political fallout the US had from invading Iraq to get away with testing their first nuclear weapons.

Which makes the Iraq war even more harmful than it already was.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10033 on: August 06, 2017, 08:26:32 am »

You are not wrong though.

North Korea used the political fallout the US had from invading Iraq to get away with testing their first nuclear weapons.

Which makes the Iraq war even more harmful than it already was.

And Ghaddafi's death cemented it even more, since he had started a nuclear program years ago but gave it up.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10034 on: August 06, 2017, 08:29:18 am »

I wonder where Iran fits into that.

(...in the eye of the beholder, I think, given the disparately opposite POVs about what has happened so far.)
Pages: 1 ... 667 668 [669] 670 671 ... 3569