Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Card Games are Serious Business (SG)  (Read 13582 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Card Games are Serious Business (SG)
« Reply #165 on: February 10, 2017, 07:55:10 pm »

So..only from the in-game point of view, right? In other words, you pick which cards are drawn..
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 10, 2017, 08:21:39 pm »

So..only from the in-game point of view, right? In other words, you pick which cards are drawn..

More I kill off dead draws so something can be done with each of the cards you have, and making sure the opponent puts the protagonist in a difficult spot that can still be beaten.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 10, 2017, 08:25:15 pm »

More I kill off dead draws so something can be done with each of the cards you have, and making sure the opponent puts the protagonist in a difficult spot that can still be beaten.
Clever. Random, yet balanced.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 10, 2017, 08:36:10 pm »

If we play stoic, use magic dim to summon strength, buff strength and attack then we can clear their board and draw Temperance. We can then use temperance next turn to summon high priestess to clear their board again next turn. We will have some nice card effects in play but will still be exposed with our hand somewhat bare...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 10, 2017, 08:59:04 pm »

Of course. Sacrificing Stoic, whose only true worth is his effect, for Strength and Mag. Dimen. Let's just hope he doesn't have any quick play cards to interfere with.

To summarize,...
Summon Stoic of Prophecy,
Use Magical Dimention to remove Virgil and Stoic, bringing in Strength of Prophecy,
Get Spellbook of Power with Spellbook of Secrets, and use it on Strength,
Activate Strength's effect to send Secrets to the deck and gain 500 attack? (unsure about this step, since one of Fate's effects could be useful later)
Attack Draghig with Strength with 3300 attack (300 comes from Star Hall), drawing a Secrets by Power's effect and dealing 2200 damage to the Life points, leaving 1800? (1300 if we don't use Strength's effect, and maybe we should draw Fate for his next turn, as it's a quick play)
From the destroyed cards, our opponent would draw a card and place a Burning Abyss card of his choice on top of the deck, leaving him with 3 cards in hand at the start of his turn, only Secrets in our hand, and 3 spell tokens on Star Hall.

Right?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 10, 2017, 09:56:50 pm »

Of course. Sacrificing Stoic, whose only true worth is his effect, for Strength and Mag. Dimen. Let's just hope he doesn't have any quick play cards to interfere with.

To summarize,...
Use Magical Dimention to remove Virgil and Stoic, bringing in Strength of Prophecy, and adding Temperance of Prophecy to our hand.
Play Spellbook Star Hall
Activate Strength's effect to send Secrets Power to the deck and gain 500 attack? (unsure about this step, since one of Fate's effects could be useful later)(agreed, but the 500 attack is kind of important I think...)
Attack Draghig with Strength with 3300 attack (300 comes from Star Hall(I only count two spellbook activations while hall is in play)), drawing a Secrets by Power's effect and dealing 2200 damage to the Life points, leaving 1800? (1300 if we don't use Strength's effect, and maybe we should draw Fate for his next turn, as it's a quick play)(I don't think it worth spending fate if we don't banish)
From the destroyed cards, our opponent would draw a card Cir and place a Burning Abyss card of his choice on top of the deck, leaving him with 3 cards in hand at the start of his turn, only Secrets And Temperance in our hand, and 3? spell tokens on Star Hall.

Right?
it makes more sense to me like this.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 10, 2017, 10:25:20 pm »

To summarize,...
Use Magical Dimension to remove Virgil and Stoic, bringing in Strength of Prophecy, and adding Temperance of Prophecy to our hand.
Play Spellbook Star Hall
Activate Strength's effect to send Secrets Power to the deck and gain 500 attack? (unsure about this step, since one of Fate's effects could be useful later)(agreed, but the 500 attack is kind of important I think...)
Attack Draghig with Strength with 3200 attack (200 comes from Star Hall(I only count two spellbook activations while hall is in play)(right, forgot it was only spellbook spells)), drawing a Secrets by Power's effect and dealing 2100 damage to the Life points, leaving 1800? (1300 if we don't use Strength's effect, and maybe we should draw Fate for his next turn, as it's a quick play)(I don't think it worth spending fate if we don't banish)(We can stop an attack with 2 spell cards by turning a card to Defence position, which could let us take down Virgil easy, as he only has 1000 defnevermind, it's face-DOWN defense position)
From the destroyed cards, our opponent would draw Cir, leaving him with 3 cards in hand at the start of his turn, only Secrets And Temperance in our hand, and 3?2 spell tokens on Star Hall.

Right?
it makes more sense to me like this.
You found a few crucial mistakes. Added comments and fixes to it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 10:32:19 pm by OceanSoul »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 10, 2017, 10:49:01 pm »

I just worry that they have a deck filled with graverobbers waiting to bring some over-hyped guitarist back to ruing our day over and over. Banishment would hopefully remove such a threat for the long haul. But still, with a bit of luck we can end this next turn with Hippy Ricetess. It does leave us in the perilous position of our opponent being party to the population of our hand.
Read the First Post!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2017, 01:42:16 pm »

Sorry for the delay in posting, and the fact this post mentioning it has a bit further bad news.  I'm not going to be having access to a computer able to access the internet and be limited to a phone, so I sadly won't be able to get an update out until Saturday at earliest.

Hey, at least it gives you a bit of time to refine your coming turn still further if you can think of ways, and speculate upon future events.  Maybe try to predict the decks of the person you met and the one you didn't.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2017, 03:16:02 pm »

Well, my only real worry is that they tribute cir to summon a critter and guitar-boy who promptly erases strength and then we hit battle with no critters. We could try playing buffed strength and putting dimension on the field to defend for us, but that doesn't really work so... I guess we could try to burn strength to snipe guitar-boy before guitar-boy can snipe strength, and then we have stupid on the field to defend, but ehh... I mean, stupid WOULD get themselves smote, so we could use their power to bring in temper, and temper's power to bring in "high" priestess and most gloriously smite next turn, but eeesh...

Or we could suicide-charge with stoic, summon jowgen by, umm, no, nevermind, and randomly discarding strength, or much of anything really, to power jowgen's ability to wipe the minster they currently have out would hurt. But given that there is no way to summon jowgen this turn, that really doesn't matter.
Read the First Post!

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 17, 2017, 02:23:09 pm »

Our current plan of action is probably the best one so far, if they bring back Virgil it's going to ruin our day either way.

Also there was a new mechanic revealed today and it changes the game a lot
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 17, 2017, 03:46:11 pm »

Our current plan of action is probably the best one so far, if they bring back Virgil it's going to ruin our day either way.

Also there was a new mechanic revealed today and it changes the game a lot
...so what I've gathered is that the Extra Monster Zone limits you to having one Fusion, Synchro etc out at a time?

That's what this sentence:
An Extra Deck Monster can only be Summoned to the Extra Monster Zone!
implies to me, at least.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 17, 2017, 03:48:27 pm »

...so what I've gathered is that the Extra Monster Zone limits you to having one Fusion, Synchro etc out at a time?

That's what this sentence:
An Extra Deck Monster can only be Summoned to the Extra Monster Zone!
implies to me, at least.

Yep but there are also link monsters, which have arrows on them. In the zones those arrows point too you can summon extra deck monsters to those zones as well.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 17, 2017, 03:56:34 pm »

Given the nature of their deck, and the fact that they get to choose and draw a card, it seems extremely doubtful that they will not be able to tribute Cir next turn, which means rock-boy is returning no matter what.
 We cannot get more than one monster in the field this turn.
 When Rock-boy shows up, they remove one monster, and attack to kill us...
 We need to have magical dimension on the field next turn and use it to kill rock-boy when they come back from the dead so that we can get a monster in the field when rock boy is not around to murder it...

So play a fully buffed strength and kill rock-boy. play magical dimension face-down. Wait for rock-boy to be summoned and then ill it with magical dimension and summon useless of the lame to futilely attempt to block whatever else they summon and use its effect to gain temperance and play that next turn and trade it in for high prophetess and use her to win the duel somehow...

I see two extra monster slots. So that would mean that if you get two extra monsters out then your opponent can't make any... Unless they already did and can get one from their graveyard onto the normal field, how that makes sense I have no idea though...
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 17, 2017, 04:00:52 pm »

..but what happens if an Extra Monster is summoned to the Main Monster Zone this way, but the Link Monster that let it be summoned there is killed? Does the Extra Monster stay on the field, since the only problem would be with Summoning, and not merely having, an Extra Monster to the Main Monster Zone?

RAM, once you Link Summon to one of the Extra Zones, the other then belongs to your opponent.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13