Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Card Games are Serious Business (SG)  (Read 13590 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Card Games are Serious Business (SG)
« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2017, 09:08:59 pm »

+1 to Secrets and being over-eager.
Secrets seems like a strong play and it was mentioned a while back and has been unopposed, so we can probably assume that it has general support and rush to see what we draw. I like OceanSoul's plan but better to see our draw first...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 09, 2017, 06:18:18 pm »

Previous                                                                                       First                                                                                       Next

"Spellbook Magician of Prophecy blocks your attack. And, with his affect, I can draw a spellbook spell card from my deck.  I'll take Spellbook of Secrets!" Aya says, soon before Spellbook Magician of Prophecy's resistance is broken and the monster shattered.

The Examiner's expression does not change as he says, "It seems Virgil was not necessary to destroy that monster.  Draghig, direct attack!"

Flame lances from the jaws of Draghig and envelops you and you brace yourself for the simulated heat that surrounds you.  Your life points drop to 2900 from the attack.  After it ends, you hear the Examiner say, "With that, my turn is over."

You draw your next card, finding it to be Stoic of ProphecyWhat do you do?

Spoiler: ID (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 09, 2017, 06:31:14 pm »

This is probably the best plan for our turn so far.

Use Spellbook of Secrets to search Spellbook of Power.
Normal Summon Strength of Prophecy.
Activate Spellbook of Power on Strength of Prophecy.
Activate Strength of Prophecy's effect to shuffle Spellbook of Secrets back to our deck.
Attack Virgil with Strength of Prophecy.
Use Spellbook of Power to add Spellbook of Secrets back to our hand.

Does this seem fine to people?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 06:36:01 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2017, 06:35:01 pm »

Use Spellbook of Secrets to search Spellbook of Power.
Use Spellbook of Secrets to search something.

Spellbook of Secrets's effect lists you can only use one of them per turn.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2017, 06:35:49 pm »

Ah that's true, so maybe scratch that last action.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2017, 06:40:00 pm »

Next turn, we can play Strength of Prophecy and Spellbook Star Hall, use Secrets to get Power, use Power to get Prophecy to 2500, send Secrets back to the deck by Strength's effect to add 500 strength, and attack Virgil with 3200 attack for 700 damage, then draw Secrets back from the deck with Strength's effect.
Thing is, afterward, what will we draw with Secrets in the second main phasenext? Another Power? Or do we wait? And will the next card we draw change anything?
My idea still stands, mostly. The question, too. However, I have another alterative, which is rather offensive. Should we also special summon Stoic with Magical Dimension and destroying Virgil with that for the sheer sake of getting 3300-1100+600=2800 damage straight on his hit points?

Also, Crimson Ninja and White Ninja. (Whenever I get ninja'd in this thread, I'll provide the name of a Ninja-archetype card. Let's see how long it'll be until I run out.) Kansa, that's pretty much my first plan of attack.

Wow. Senior Silver Ninja.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 08:19:01 am by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 09, 2017, 06:43:18 pm »

Ah sorry, I forgot you had already posted a suggestion. That sounds like a good plan.

I wouldn't use Magical dimension though, it's probably best we wait for a high level monster we can't usually summon and a monster we can't get over in that turn.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 09, 2017, 06:54:14 pm »

On the other hand, if the monster the guard chooses to draw with Draghig's effect, the card drawn from Virgil's effect, and the cards already in his hand can't manage to kill or otherwise stop Strength, Strength can kill it, and we can either kill him next turn or leave him with a small few hundred hit points. Plus, Strength will be stronger next turn, as the loop we have will give him/her another 500 attack next turn if he survives.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 09, 2017, 08:31:51 pm »

I like the offensive option, Killing Drahig and Virgil has the unfortunate implication of letting them choose their next two draws, and they don't exactly have much difficulty getting cards out, but they are low on cards so clearing cards is nice...

*sighs* If only we truly possessed the power of prophecy, knowing our impending draw would tell us if there is something more desirable than Stoic to special summon. Not that Stoic is "bad" per se...

Oh, wait, they will have Cir next turn. They will use it to get Virgil back and Virgil will remove Strength of prophecy by discarding a burning abyss...
I guess that we can buy some time...
Can we stop Cir from murdering itself against Strength of prophecy?
Go for the defensive play for now, keep Dimension to kill Virgil again next turn... Can we use magical dimension to kill Virgil before Virgil can remove Strength?

Is there any way to Banish Virgil? Fate maybe?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 09, 2017, 08:38:38 pm »

We can use fate but it will take some time to build it up, probably the turn after next at the earliest.

Even if we Could stop Cir it's likely that Dante is getting summoned next turn and that can run over our strength of prophecy easily.

The problem with Magical Dimension is that we need to tribute Strength anyway to use it, we could use it just before hand as it's a quick play but that would only let us summon stoic. It's probably best to wait for a bit unless we think he can kill us in his turn.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2017, 09:13:34 pm »

Huh. Missed that part of Magical Dimention's effect.

Anyway, as Fate is a quick-play, it would be possible for us to not use Strength's effect, leaving both Power and Secrets in the graveyard, allowing us to banish both and put Dante in defense position, from which the Secrets drawn from defeating Virgil with Power's effect could get us another Power, which would let us attack Dante with enough attack power to kill him. But then Dante's effect could bring Cir to the hand...And this is assuming he plays Dante. He should have..he lost 5 cards from his hand..he should only have 1 now..he'll draw Cir with Virgil, and another at the start of his turn..leaving him with 3. The chance that one of the 2 unknown cards could get him Dante. He can't get Dante and Virgil on the field..but he CAN, if the Cir attached to Dante is discarded for Dante's effect...I've thought about enough Yu-Gi-Oh for tonight.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 10, 2017, 02:30:30 am »

A dead Stoic lets us choose a level 3 monster to draw...
Interesting options: I am not quite certain what is or is not in our deck...
Summon our signature card for great drama: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Temperance_of_Prophecy
If one of our cards were to accidentally fall into our deck and some other card were to slip out and stumble into our hand... Stoic + Dimension+: Night's End Sorcerer
No special summons make Burning Abyss a sad deck: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Jowgen_the_Spiritualist
I believe that Jowgen could clear their field using its ability at the cost of a random card, but summoning it this turn, and keeping it alive, those are difficult matters...

"I-I have seen your defeat in my-uh-the cards! Su-Surrender now and a-accept your fate!"
play Strength of Prophecy and Spellbook Star Hall, use Secrets to get Power, use Power to get Prophecy to 2500, send Secrets back to the deck by Strength's effect to add 500 strength, and attack Virgil with 3200 attack for 700 damage, then draw Secrets back from the deck with Strength's effect.
+1
Although I am wondering now about taking the aggressive approach just to cycle Stoic into Jowgen...
If only we could steal it for a bit and use Virgil as a Magical for our material Girl...
Read the First Post!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 10, 2017, 09:17:05 am »

Interesting options: I am not quite certain what is or is not in our deck...

I believe I've told you before, I'm using what is listed in the Prophecy Recycle portion of this page.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 10, 2017, 09:25:40 am »

Are the cards we both draw randomly picked?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 10, 2017, 07:46:07 pm »

Are the cards we both draw randomly picked?

From a certain point of view.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13