Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Card Games are Serious Business (SG)  (Read 13594 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Card Games are Serious Business (SG)
« Reply #135 on: February 07, 2017, 03:48:18 pm »

Is Monster Reborn legal to play on this game?

Had a test I needed to study for.  It's done now, so the turn should be coming soon.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 07, 2017, 03:50:57 pm »

Is Monster Reborn legal to play on this game?
+1, but also ask about Pot of Greed. One more thing, how much non-card-rule shenanigans are you willing to allow? For example, when Yugi had that stone golem of his shatter the Moon card he'd played to lower the tides and leave Mako's monsters prone? It was early in the first season, if you want to find it. Late in the episode.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 07, 2017, 03:56:26 pm »

+1, but also ask about Pot of Greed. One more thing, how much non-card-rule shenanigans are you willing to allow? For example, when Yugi had that stone golem of his shatter the Moon card he'd played to lower the tides and leave Mako's monsters prone? It was early in the first season, if you want to find it. Late in the episode.

That is actually a card now, http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Attack_the_Moon! .

And I would keep away from that for the most part, the only reason that stuff really happened was because the rules weren't really invented yet.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 07, 2017, 05:04:11 pm »

One more thing, how much non-card-rule shenanigans are you willing to allow? For example, when Yugi had that stone golem of his shatter the Moon card he'd played to lower the tides and leave Mako's monsters prone? It was early in the first season, if you want to find it. Late in the episode.

This excerpt from a story that will explain how I am treating things.  Think I mentioned it earlier, but I didn't provide the specific portion.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 07, 2017, 05:10:30 pm »

Forgot about that. Would explain pretty much everything.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 07, 2017, 07:12:59 pm »

Previous                                                                                       First                                                                                       Next

"It's a pleasure being here, Professor.." you being while deciding your initial move.  "I set two cards and end my turn," you say as you set Spellbook Magician and Gagaga Shield before ending your turn.  You take note he has black swept back hair with large reflective sunglasses obscuring his eyes.

"I am not a professor, I am part of the Institude's security force.  My name is immaterial to you unless you believe you will be getting in trouble often," he responds as he draws his card.  "I normal summon Draghig, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss and use the effect of Rubic, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss to allow for me to special summon it to the field due to having no spells or traps."

"Burning Abyss, huh? From what I know, they're good for XYZ summons," Aya comments with a relatively low vocal level.

"I then use Foolish Burial to send another Draghig from my deck to the graveyard, allowing for me to then use Final Gesture!"  The Examiner continues.  "By targeting the Draghig that is upon the field, I am allowed to special summon a monster with the same name from my hand or graveyard, like the one I just sent with Foolish Burial.  During my End Phase, I would need to destroy the card I targeted, but thanks to Rubic being on the field I have another option.  I tune Rubic to the Draghig I had targetted in order to synchro summon Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss!  And since I didn't use the Draghig I summoned through Final Gesture and did not use special summon effect, I can use its 'sent to the graveyard' effect in order to place Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss on the top of my deck.  I know how fond entrants are of using Mirror Force, so I will discard Good & Evil in the Burning Abyss in order to use the effect of Virgil and shuffle your facedown in the spell and trap zone into your deck."

"Nng!" Aya grunts as the Gagaga shield is returned to her deck.

After Virgil had played the short guitar riff that signified the use of his effect, the Examiner pointed to your set monster.  "Virgil, attack that facedown card!"  This caused your Spellbook Magician of Prophecy to be flipped, activating its effect.  What Spellbook Spell Card do you add to your hand?

Spoiler: ID (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 06:19:29 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 07, 2017, 07:16:01 pm »

We're facing burning abyss already :p? Well this isn't going to easy.

Lets add Spellbook of Secrets to our hand

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 07, 2017, 07:25:07 pm »

I used the 'random' button on the Yugioh wiki until I landed on a card page that had an archetype.  First one I had come across was 'Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss'.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 07, 2017, 07:27:39 pm »

Ah ok.

I hope this guy sticks around. Burning Abyss is a cool archetype and they have some of the best artwork.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 07:31:41 pm by Kansa »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 07, 2017, 07:36:17 pm »

Ah ok.

I hope this guy sticks around. Burning Abyss is a cool archetype and they have some of the best artwork.

Well you are the protagonist and he did say you would only see him if you wind up getting into trouble often...

I think you can make your own deductions from there.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 07, 2017, 07:48:24 pm »

Lets add Spellbook of Secrets to our hand
+1. Next turn, we can play Strength of Prophecy and Spellbook Star Hall, use Secrets to get Power, use Power to get Prophecy to 2500, send Secrets back to the deck by Strength's effect to add 500 strength, and attack Virgil with 3200 attack for 700 damage, then draw Secrets back from the deck with Strength's effect.
Thing is, afterward, what will we draw with Secrets in the second main phase? Another Power? Or do we wait? And will the next card we draw change anything?

Also:
My name is immaterial to you...

So you're having him play against us? I'm surprised we already have PVP.

Also, for flavor, how much should we know about Burning Abyss monsters? I'd say we be decently acquaintanced with them. A few comments we might say.
"..of the Burning Abyss, huh? From what I know, they're good for XYZ summons." And after he calls Virgil, "Called it, didn't I?"
When he targets Gagaga Shield, "Nng!" (because we have to react SOMEhow, and it could've been useful). And, on attacking Magician, "Spellbook Magician of Prophecy blocks your attack. And, with his affect, I can draw a spellbook spell card from my deck."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 07, 2017, 07:57:50 pm »

My name is immaterial to you...

So you're having him play against us? I'm surprised we already have PVP.

That is actually a complete coincidence.  An interesting one, but still a coincidence.

"..of the Burning Abyss, huh? From what I know, they're good for XYZ summons." And after he calls Virgil, "Called it, didn't I?"

Virgil is actually a synchro monster.  You're thinking of Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 07, 2017, 08:15:23 pm »

Virgil is actually a synchro monster.  You're thinking of Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss.
*facepalm*

wait...Should we make this mistake canon? Maybe she should facepalm, too. Makes sense for her to make a mistake, considering she hasn't been to dueling school yet. Would be good characterization to have in a first episode.

Also, now that I think about it, did you know that our opponent would be part of the security force before determining his deck, or did you think it would be appropriate for him after deciding on making him a Burning Abyss user?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 07, 2017, 08:21:27 pm »

*facepalm*

wait...Should we make this mistake canon? Maybe she should facepalm, too. Makes sense for her to make a mistake, considering she hasn't been to dueling school yet. Would be good characterization to have in a first episode.

Well, he did say 'in order to synchro summon Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss!' so you may want to take that into consideration.

Edit: Whatever is decided upon, I'll be editing the commentary into the prior turn, since it would have occurred as events went down.

Also, now that I think about it, did you know that our opponent would be part of the security force before determining his deck, or did you think it would be appropriate for him after deciding on making him a Burning Abyss user?

Yes.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 08:23:08 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 07, 2017, 08:28:40 pm »

Well, he did say 'in order to synchro summon Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss!' so you may want to take that into consideration.
Nevermind that  "called it", then.

Yes.
Over the past few days, I've been seeing a lot of Mathematicians' Answers, both of other people and my own.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13