Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Card Games are Serious Business (SG)  (Read 13623 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Card Games are Serious Buisness (SG)
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2017, 03:50:48 pm »

..Maybe more like "Wonder who I should talk to. I should try to meet someone, surely; dad always did say that networking was everything in business..but it can't be too similar to school here. Worse duelists would likely want a friend to help them out, but if a relationship was based on getting stronger, it wouldn't be too close a bond. Plus, they'd still be signing up, so being weak would mean they won't get in. Maybe I should ask to duel someone; a person's deck can say a lot about them. I may be called up midway, though..Here I am, being indecisive again. I'm just standing here, in the middle of the room, looking at everything. Aya, just find someone not particularly busy and sit next to them."
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2017, 03:53:43 pm »

Challenge someone to a shadow duel and claim their unique hair feature!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2017, 04:06:26 pm »

Challenge someone to a shadow duel and claim their unique hair feature!
NOPE. -1. We were literally just introduced to the audience- we can't change our appearance yet! Also, what if they're bald, and we don't know because they're wearing a wig! We'd become BALD! And, of course, we have no reason to know about/be able to initiate a Shadow Duel. Besides, our hair is good enough as is!
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2017, 04:20:41 pm »

We are a strategist, we spent a decade in an ancient cave learning every aspect of the game, including its origins and mysteries. If they are bald, then we will get bald streaks with a brightly-coloured scalp. Awkward, sure, but nothing irretrievable. We are establishing our look early on, because our look is vampiric! I just thought of something! What if everyone in the duel setting is bald? Every single hair in their world is a wig of some sort! Everyone's hair is exactly what they choose it to be...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2017, 04:35:27 pm »

..we already established our hair style. Not even Anime Hair can break canon. Especially not the lack of it.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2017, 04:50:44 pm »

But we can establish right away that our hair is in a state of flux. It is just like propulsion. You can describe an object with position, orientation, speed, and acceleration due to external forces, and describe the vast majority of objects. That does not mean that there are no objects that possess intrinsic qualities that refute such a simple description. That our hair grows more intricate with victories, and losses reduce its splendour is as intrinsic a quality as its current shades and patterns and as it is an inherent aspect of our hair it must be established in the introductory episode!
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2017, 05:01:21 pm »

But we can establish right away that our hair is in a state of flux. It is just like propulsion. You can describe an object with position, orientation, speed, and acceleration due to external forces, and describe the vast majority of objects. That does not mean that there are no objects that possess intrinsic qualities that refute such a simple description. That our hair grows more intricate with victories, and losses reduce its splendour is as intrinsic a quality as its current shades and patterns and as it is an inherent aspect of our hair it must be established in the introductory episode!
-1. Can you please stop 'do-ing this?

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2017, 10:26:29 pm »

RAM, let's make a deal. If you can decently draw the hair you proposed, I'll consider some of this 'flux hair' stuff. Here it is, for reference:
Spoiler: Spoiler'd for length (click to show/hide)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2017, 11:53:10 pm »

Previous                                                                                       First                                                                                       Next

Hearing another number called, you take a look at the one you had gotten and note that you wouldn't have enough time to enter a duel with anyone before you will need to head up to duel, but you may be able to have a short conversation with someone.  Looking around for seemingly interesting people away from the crowd within the waiting area, you manage to notice a couple individuals who seem to fit the description.  There is someone leaning against one of the walls and flipping through their deck of cards with a slight smirk upon his face.  There is another person elsewhere in the room that seems to be fairly nervous about the coming fight.  What do you do?

Spoiler: ID (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 08:50:22 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2017, 12:04:24 am »

Collate -> Support-cast or greater hair
Target -> wallflower
Action -> DUEL!!
Mode Select -> Shy like you...
Statement -> "Hey... Ummm, I am feeling nervous about qualifying... I want a duel, for fun, to remind myself why I duel, to calm down. Ummm, do you want to... Do you want to duel with me?"

P.S.
decently draw
You are discriminating against my people.

Know a place to upload? I despise having an account or whatever...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 04:07:37 pm by RAM »
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2017, 12:34:21 am »

Imgur. Was pretty simple for that Map Maker game I was in. It even allowed you to drag n' drop pictures to upload them.

The first kid doesn't seem like the shy sort, which is who I'd intended. Still, take a quick note of his appearance. Chekov's gunman, or something. Approach the nervous kid, and ask "are you ready for the test duel?"If (s)he asks who we are, say we're just another person that believes in our future. If he's worried about his deck's strength, claim that winning and losing isn't the only thing they'll put a grade on, but also the skill and confidence you use with it. If he doubts it, tell them an anecdote about the kid from the anime's academy that fought the chancellor or whoever to not be expelled, and though he lost his duel, he still passed with flying colors. (you know which one I'm referring to, right?)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2017, 02:26:47 am »

Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2017, 05:57:37 am »

Technically, people without an artistic ability are still human. But that's not the important part. I'll try and think of a reasonable excuse for changing her hair after defeating someone, and if I can't come up with anything, your idea's not getting any support from me.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 12:24:17 pm by OceanSoul »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2017, 07:12:37 am »

Huh.  Looks a fair bit like what the hair of Lusamine, from Pokemon Sun and Moon, turns into during the climax of that game when she

If he doubts it, tell them an anecdote about the kid from the anime's academy that fought the chancellor or whoever to not be expelled, and though he lost his duel, he still passed with flying colors. (you know which one I'm referring to, right?)

Not really.  I can't quite remember why, but I know I was only able to watch GX sporadically during its runtime.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2017, 10:28:32 am »

Upon further consideration, a "hood" doesn't really work, better to have something more like a cobras "hood" that ends with a flowing cape. The main difference being that a cobras hood emerges from the forehead, while a classic hood emerged from the dark recesses of the past.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13