Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Card Games are Serious Business (SG)  (Read 13614 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Card Games are Serious Buisness (SG)
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2017, 10:41:03 am »

There aren't many reasonable ways that her hair could be in flux. I've come up with:

-Possesion by a ghost, akin to the Phoenix Wright games, and sorta to Yugi.
-Multiple personalities. This can be the disorder, or perhaps channeling the spirits of friends for their advice, but I don't think the latter would fit with her personality.
-...possession by a card? Not sure which Prophecy/Spellbooks/etc. card would give you the type of hair you would deem appropriate.
-Dye that changes colors with her emotion, like a mood ring, but it should only be certain parts of her hair, and not a majority of it.
-And wigs.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2017, 11:28:19 am »

There are R.L. dyes that change with heat. And lighting conditions? But what is wrong with claiming the hair qualities of our enemies? Card games are serious business afterall, don't you want to fight the disco lord who has hunted a dozen afros all stacked one atop the other?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2017, 11:40:59 am »

I said reasonable. The mere concept of stealing someone's hair style is itself weird, and dueling them to literally taking it makes it worse. I could imagine her taking one of her opponent's cards, each duelist having bet one before the duel, but I'm not sure it would be too fitting.
Also, no way, bobobo.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2017, 11:43:56 am »

Yeah sorry I'm against stealing other people's hair as well at the moment :p.

Maybe if we fuse with people later on we can get a cool mix of their hair and ours.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2017, 12:00:06 pm »

I don't mind the hair derail, and do find it a bit humorous, but could I at least get an action before it goes deeper?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2017, 12:01:12 pm »

Lets go to the nervous person and see if we can make them a bit more relaxed
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2017, 12:15:49 pm »

I gave an action. Did I forget to bold it? ...yes I did. Whoops. Guess I wasn't clear enough that it was an action.

The first kid doesn't seem like the shy sort, which is who I'd intended. Still, take a quick note of his appearance. Chekov's gunman, or something. Approach the nervous kid, and ask "are you ready for the test duel?"If (s)he asks who we are, say we're just another person that believes in our future. If he's worried about his deck's strength, claim that winning and losing isn't the only thing they'll put a grade on, but also the skill and confidence you use with it. If he doubts it, tell them an anecdote about the kid from the anime's academy that fought the chancellor or whoever to not be expelled, and though he lost his duel, he still passed with flying colors. (you know which one I'm referring to, right?)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2017, 04:07:54 pm »

I also forgot to be bold, apologies.
Collate -> Support-cast or greater hair
Target -> wallflower
Action -> DUEL!!
Mode Select -> Shy like you...
Statement -> "Hey... Ummm, I am feeling nervous about qualifying... I want a duel, for fun, to remind myself why I duel, to calm down. Ummm, do you want to... Do you want to duel with me?"

I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2017, 08:49:30 pm »

Previous                                                                                       First                                                                                       Next

You take note of the appearance of the person leaning against the wall, mostly his face and hair as he will have the school's clothes if he gets in.  After taking note of his face, you note that he has dark blue hair, with the tips being deep green, that is slightly long and ends in some spikes along his neck.  Looking over to the more nervous person, you begin to walk over to him in order to try to boost his spirits.  You take note of his extremely spiked violet hair that seems to point in every direction, with platinum blonde roots and gold bangs, as your own nervousness grows the closer you approach.

"Hey," you say with a bit of confidence to hide your nerves, as you finish your approach and the person turns to you allowing for you to notice their dark blue eyes.  You then forget what you were about to say and stumble in your words for a few seconds.  Your embarrassment rises during those moments, before you realize he is much worse off.  In fact, it seems that he has stopped breathing.  What do you do?

Spoiler: ID (click to show/hide)

(Only one of you specified a tone and provided a dialogue.  And since I specified in the last update there wasn't enough time to get a duel in, I decided to have a bit of fun with it.)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 07:31:24 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2017, 09:39:11 pm »

!Compounding Nervousness feedback overload! *Panic and shake him* "AAAAH. Are you okay? You need to breath!" *embarrassed panic* *back away* *broken smile* "Umm-ooops-sorry, IWasJustSoNervousI'mSorry... But, but, this is just a duel, duelling is fun! We're here because we're duellists, we can do this!" *still very very broken smile*
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2017, 09:46:15 pm »

Let's start by asking him how he plans to approach his test. For example, will he try to come up with a plan on-the-spot, or does he have a specific strategy he'll try to pull off? Maybe, later, we could ask him what classes he plans on taking? Now that I think of it, does this school does have different classes to choose from, right? Such as, maybe;

Game Theory
Art (specifically, card art)
History
Deckbuilding 101
Archetypes and Series
Style/showmanship (for the big duelists, you need to show the crowd some solid card slams and  witty lines, as well as avoiding dropping your hand)

Air Armor Ninja

I feel like Aya would be sorta calm about it. At least, she wouldn't be THAT nervous. More of a silent, beginning-to-speak, suspenseful nervousness would fit her better.
Something something Economy (for how to best spend money on packs)

Things like that.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2017, 10:16:01 pm »

She had the chance for overwhelming, oceanic hair that could ride the storms of life with indifference. You threw that away, now she has slightly loud hair so she has a slight, loud personality. But that fortunately leaves room for character growth. She can be an unflinching ocean of certainty later in the story...
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 02, 2017, 05:46:32 am »

I'm OK with her being nervous. Just not That nervous. She should tone it down a good amount.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 06:48:06 pm by OceanSoul »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 02, 2017, 03:30:48 pm »

There can be order from chaos or a strategic mind can have its failings. Just because she is a strategic duellist doesn't mean that she always maintains sight of a path to her objective. And even her duelling ought to have some room for refinement, building her clarity cou- Meh forget this, we need a tiebreaker, where are all the other suggesters?
Read the First Post!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2017, 04:23:32 pm »

There can be order from chaos or a strategic mind can have its failings. Just because she is a strategic duellist doesn't mean that she always maintains sight of a path to her objective. And even her duelling ought to have some room for refinement, building her clarity cou- Meh forget this, we need a tiebreaker, where are all the other suggesters?

Really don't know.  It's only been you, Kansa, and OceanSoul since the fourth turn was made.  Don't know why.  I would have thought the jerryrigged threadmarking system for quick turn perusal would have helped a bit, but I guess not.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13