Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Card Games are Serious Business (SG)  (Read 13626 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: Card Games are Serious Buisness (SG)
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2017, 10:07:23 am »

Either of the names seem fine to me.

I like the age being around 15 though
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2017, 05:16:07 pm »

But then we can't be a creepy little girl who literally put her blackened heart and soul into her deck... : (
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2017, 05:17:42 pm »

Good.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2017, 05:21:10 pm »

There is the temptation to play a Sora like character :p

I think someone a bit older would be better at the moment though so we have a bit more independence and face a few more skilled duellists.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2017, 05:23:23 pm »

Older that 15, or older than RAM's little miss Hex Maniac?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2017, 05:24:09 pm »

Older than the little one.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2017, 05:48:18 pm »

There is the temptation to play a Sora like character :p

I think someone a bit older would be better at the moment though so we have a bit more independence and face a few more skilled duellists.

The Arc-V wiki lists Sora's age as thirteen, actually, so OceanSoul's suggestion is actually closer to the character's age.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2017, 05:51:20 pm »

Huh. Didn't know that Yu-Gi-Oh had a Sora. I could've sworn you were talking about the Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2017, 06:09:56 pm »

Ah that does make more sense.

And yeah, he actually plays one of my favourite decks.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2017, 09:02:31 pm »

Previous                                                                                       First                                                                                       Next

You calm down as the information returns, writing it down rapidly to make absolutely sure you do not forget it once more while hiding your embarrassment over having forgotten it in the first place.  You move down and see the next slots are the truly important information.  What is your signature monster and what is your dueling style?

Spoiler: ID (click to show/hide)

(If you want to follow the 2500/(2100 or 2000) with (Level 7 main deck, Level 8 extra deck, Rank 4 XYZ) tradition and don't want one used by a prior yugioh character, you have these options:
This isn't a requirement, mind, just something I'm pointing out if you wanted to do that.)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 02:39:24 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2017, 09:19:18 pm »

I like both High Priestess of Prophecy and Thunderclap Skywolf. I am going to tentatively say Skywolf, because spellcasters have been done, but I wanna vote for both... .49 votes for high proph and .51 votes for doggypet?

Can we go graveyard recovery and ongoing effects that are difficult to remove?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2017, 09:22:45 pm »

If we WERE to use one of those 5 signature monsters, High Priestess of Prophecy would work well. We'd have Spellbook, Prophecy, and Spell Counter cards to use, and it could be pretty effective. Stellarknight Delteros could also work, though I haven't looked too far into general deck build/strategies for the tellarknights yet. I'll look into them more tomorrow, as well as other miscellaneous archetypes that catch my eye.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2017, 09:39:27 pm »

Also, because everyone else is content with being a support character, I will be public-domaining my hairstyle suggestion. When the villains use it to leave us broken and helpless, repeatedly, even in the final climactic battle and we are left needing the real protagonist to come in and save us, when even the comic-relief mullet can defeat us, know that I shall be laughing from my lurker perch!
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2017, 09:46:42 pm »

Who says we can't change our hairstyle toward the end of the season?

Also, since our last name means "citrus fruit" or something, if we go HPoP, we should have Lemon Magician Girl in our deck at some point.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2017, 10:14:34 pm »

Heh.  Just saw this.

Who says we can't change our hairstyle toward the end of the season?

Call it ridiculous, but Arc-V apparently did something along these lines in the most recent episode.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13