Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Card Games are Serious Business (SG)  (Read 13595 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Card Games are Serious Buisness (SG)
« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2017, 04:29:17 pm »

We'll get more people once we get into the test duel. Not that I'm trying to rush this scene. I want to see where it goes.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2017, 04:30:48 pm »

Lets have her be nervous, he did just stop breathing after all
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 02, 2017, 06:35:39 pm »

Yeah, now that I think about it, this IS the first episode, after all. She needs flaws to overcome, to develop with or around. I can see her loving Duel Monsters for those moments of tranquility, when she's overcome whatever could stop her and quickly approaches a victory with a force the other duelist can't stop.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 02, 2017, 06:49:53 pm »

Just. As. Planned...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 02, 2017, 07:07:28 pm »

Just. As. Planned...
Your 'plan' doesn't matter. I just had a reasonable discussion, and realized the better route to take.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 02, 2017, 07:31:00 pm »

Previous                                                                                       First                                                                                       Next

You admit it, you panicked.  You do manage to barely keep your voice low so only nearby people take notice rather than the whole room, but that doesn't help your embarrassment for shaking him while saying, "AAAAH. Are you okay? You need to breath!"  You back away and give a broken smile and barely manage to contain the embarrassment enough to notice he's breathing again, and beet red.

"Umm-ooops-sorry, IWasJustSoNervousI'mSorry..." you say, feeling your face turning a similar shade.

"It's okay," the Duelist seems to mumble nearly below his breath.

"I...I had wanted to try to come over to stop you from being nervous," you respond, embarrassment still high but slowly ebbing.  "I think I might have said something like 'Duelling is fun! We're here because we're duellists, we can do this!' Ohgodthatissocheesy," you continue, embarrassment spiking again at the final realization.

The duelist remains embaressed, but you see a slight smile on his face.  Slightly emboldened, you ask, "Hey, what kind of plan do you have for your exam?"

There's a shift in his body language as you ask the question, the embarrassment seeming to melt away.  "Now that would be telling, beautiful," he says with a confident smirk, before realizing what he had ended the statement with and burying his face in his hands.  You hear him rapidly chastising himself below his breath, his face turning an even deeper shade of red than earlier.

A few seconds after he spoke, you hear your number being called for the exam.  What do you do?

Spoiler: ID (click to show/hide)

(Been reading through Yugioh R through someone dropping the images on 4chan here.  The girl brought in within the image on post 152976181 may have slightly affected me writing this turn.)

Just. As. Planned...

(Really easy to know there's transparent text when that's all there is in the post, RAM.)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 09:25:21 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2017, 07:46:17 pm »

Do we know a good place for a duel nearby? If we have time for a normal duel after the test, ask him if he'll have time for a duel after the test. Then, go to wherever we're being called to, and get ready one last time for the test. For example, remember the general contents/strategies of our deck.Also, when we got our number, he was probably already sitting down. Yet, we were called first. Huh.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 02, 2017, 08:04:56 pm »

Ask what his name is, it's always good to know these things.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 02, 2017, 08:52:00 pm »

Do we know a good place for a duel nearby? If we have time for a normal duel after the test, ask him if he'll have time for a duel after the test. Then, go to wherever we're being called to, and get ready one last time for the test. For example, remember the general contents/strategies of our deck.Also, when we got our number, he was probably already sitting down. Yet, we were called first. Huh.
Ask what his name is, it's always good to know these things.
"uh, thanks, that actually helped?" *forced enthusiasm* "I'm going to go win now! You too!"
Mindslave acquired.
webs within webs within webs within rca within sasm within webs within webs within webs within webs within webs within webs...
+1 to all
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 02, 2017, 08:58:04 pm »

"uh, thanks, that actually helped?" *forced enthusiasm* "I'm going to go win now! You too!"
Mindslave acquired.
webs within webs within webs within rca within sasm within webs within webs within webs within webs within webs within webs...
+1 to all
Oh, I see what you did there. Both of the things.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 02, 2017, 09:13:16 pm »

Mindslave acquired.
+1 to all
Ah, but did you see that by quoting my +1 you added to it?
Read the First Post!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 02, 2017, 09:17:38 pm »

Slight problem.  Since there's only three of you, I can notice stuff like that really easily.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 02, 2017, 10:02:42 pm »

Mindslave acquired.
+1 to all
No. Quoting an action does not mean I support it, which is what the combination of plus sign and number one means. I did not put it, nor any other version of support.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2017, 09:24:51 pm »

Previous                                                                                       First                                                                                       Next

"Uh, thanks, that actually helped?" you respond with as much enthusiasm you can muster and trying to bluff it higher.  You are not sure if you did that well, but you don't think he notices.  "My number was just called, so I'm going to go win now!"

As you begin to walk away, you stop and turn around to say, "Hey, I didn't catch your name."

"Wolfram Hihiirokane," he responds, embarrassment still notable but at a low level.

"Aya Yuzuki" you reply.  "Maybe after we both win, we can duel later."

As you head off to the dueling field, you think over the contents of your deck.  It largely focuses around setting up one of a few loops utilizing either High Priestess of Prophecy with Spellbook of Power and Spellbook of Eternity or Strength of Prophecy and Spellbook of Power and Spellbook of Secrets while either Spellbook Star Hall or the Grand Spellbook Tower are on the field with Spell Absorption.  It either gives you an accumulating 200 extra attack or an extra draw card each turn with one thousand points of life gain.  It does slightly require fodder on your opponent's side of the field to pull off fully, but you haven't often had problems with that.

When you arrive at the field, you see the Professor you are to be dueling standing on the other side of the field.  "You shall have the first move," the Card Professor states, activating their Academy issued duel disk.  You nod and activate your duel disk.  Looking at your cards, you see you had drawn Spellbook Magician of Prophecy, Gagaga Shield, Strength of Prophecy, Magical Dimension, and Spellbook Star HallWhat do you do?

Spoiler: ID (click to show/hide)

Also, when we got our number, he was probably already sitting down. Yet, we were called first. Huh.

(Each number is assigned a different dueling field, then called up when that duel is finished.)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 07:14:14 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2017, 09:36:56 pm »

Take note of the professor's appearance, in case we end up having one of his classes. Also, say "It's a pleasure being here, professor.." as if asking his name. I'd say we normal set Spellbook Magician of Prophecy. Unsure about putting up Magical Dimension or Spellbook Star Hall yet, since we'll gain no use from them this turn, and there's a risk that the Professor has a card to discard it. Then again, he may have a trap card that discards it when it's played, so, really, it may not matter too much.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13