Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Autist Interview  (Read 573 times)

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
Autist Interview
« on: January 24, 2017, 08:39:41 pm »

Next time I have nothing to do, I'm going to interview an autist. What should I ask him? Try to keep the questions and expected answers school appropriate. Also this guy is barely functional without someone constantly telling him what to do, so this is gonna be extra fun.

I'll be reshaping the questions into something I could actually ask him, and I'll post a transcript of the whole conversation here in a pastebin when I actually do it.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Autist Interview
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 08:45:58 pm »

Next time I have nothing to do, I'm going to interview an autist. What should I ask him? Try to keep the questions and expected answers school appropriate. Also this guy is barely functional without someone constantly telling him what to do, so this is gonna be extra fun.

I'll be reshaping the questions into something I could actually ask him, and I'll post a transcript of the whole conversation here in a pastebin when I actually do it.

Almost sounds like you're going to do something to embarass the person. I'd say treat the guy like a normal person :P

What purpose are you going to interview the guy for though (and I prefer 'autistic' to 'autist', but that's just my personal opinion)?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 08:52:18 pm »

High or low functioning autism?

/quote]
Almost sounds like you're going to do something to embarass the person. I'd say treat the guy like a normal person :P

What purpose are you going to interview the guy for though (and I prefer 'autistic' to 'autist', but that's just my personal opinion)?
Also this.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 08:59:21 pm »

If this is that same guy you have a grudge against, stop being a bully.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 09:00:55 pm »

Yeah, if you're doing it just to screw around with the guy, don't.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 09:55:42 pm »

I don't mean to embarrass him, but to actually get some insight into how he thinks and such. I'm asking him tomorrow if he actually wants to do the interview, just so consent isn't a problem, and if it looks like he's being bothered by it I'll stop it.

Yeah, if you're doing it just to screw around with the guy, don't.
It is the same guy, but I don't hold a grudge against him, I was just annoyed at one thing he did. If I see at all that my actions are causing unnecessary stress on him, I'll just stop the questions and leave him be.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 01:03:50 am »

"Autist" is generally perjorative.

As far as questions, iunno. Sensory fuckery is common on the spectrum, so ask him if there's like, particular sounds or textures that he really likes or dislikes.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.