Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Derail.  (Read 8422 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Derail.
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2017, 08:18:45 pm »

... Really? Ripping my Sheet of So Obviously?  :P
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2017, 09:46:29 pm »

Lighten a few pockets to warm up for something more difficult. If noticed, quickly take down any immediate aggressors before running away.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2017, 10:12:59 pm »

Can we be in both games?
Spoiler: Le Sheet Au (click to show/hide)
No, sorry. There's a reason.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2017, 03:41:41 am »

... Really? Ripping my Sheet of So Obviously?  :P
Wheeeeee!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The plan is simple.  Using the money an ordinary guy might have saved up, Archibald starts choosing futures in which he gets lucky - that is, that his stock picks go up a short while after he picks them, and his short sells go down.
How rude! Clearly your sheets are completely different!
Or what? My sheet? I see no similarity! Have you been feeling well? This could be a serious case of Hysterics!

By the way, have you tried Audacity-brand Concealer? I find the effects quite marvellous!

Can we be in both games?
Spoiler: Le Sheet Au (click to show/hide)
No, sorry. There's a reason.
And now we know. Consider my breath bated!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2017, 11:25:45 am »

I won't be able to update when the time is up today, but I'll try to do it as fast as possible afterward.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2017, 01:19:47 pm »

Remember: If you don't post, you will derail. If you don't make a sheet for a game you've just joined, your post won't count (since I won't know how to modify it and whatever) and so you will be derailed, too.

Wheeeeee!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The plan is simple.  Using the money an ordinary guy might have saved up, Archibald starts choosing futures in which he gets lucky - that is, that his stock picks go up a short while after he picks them, and his short sells go down.
Just a heads up: If there's a derail this round, you'll join the new game, and so you'll have to make a different character sheet. Just telling you ahead of time.
Money!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2017, 02:27:00 pm »

Awww....
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2017, 02:30:01 pm »

Remember: If you don't post, you will derail.

Huh? Aren't we SUPPOSED to be derailing? In other words, by not posting..we would win?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2017, 02:57:33 pm »

Huh? Aren't we SUPPOSED to be derailing? In other words, by not posting..we would win?
Derailing is a main mechanic in this game, but you don't necessarily win by doing it.
Money!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2017, 03:14:19 pm »

Wait... If Derailing is a game mechanic then we are supposed to derail... And derailing is a game mechanic... So we should derail the derailment?

Choo Choo! All aboard The Plot Railroad!!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2017, 06:40:28 pm »

Turn 3

Person:
Open the door next to me. If there is an enemy inside, stab it. If not look for loot.
You look inside the room and find it completely empty.

roseheart:
Give valentine a stunning potion(one that I've built immunity to) to use on his spear. Continue to follow atleast 2 spaces back when visibility permits.
Also give valentine a healing potion, the drawback of it being it takes a turn to kick in.
[5+1+1(drawback) vs. DC 10] You try to make the stunning poison, but you fumble the attempt. [20!+1+1(drawback)-1(second attempt) vs DC 14] You succeed with authority, and the potion ends up being a Potion of Full Revival! Drinking it returns the user to full health, regardless of whether they are dead or alive.

RAM:
Androwyn draws flames from the nearby fire into the form of an arrow and launches it at the door to their north.
[20!+1+1(environment component) vs DC 14] You succeed in creating a Fire Arrow, and are even able to unleash its power without another effort! The door is burned to smithereens, and past it you can see stairs leading up.

I_Like_Pi:
Typhos, heads north into the room and looks to the right.
Just before you move, Androwyn takes some of your flame and hurls it, arrowlike, at the door ahead. It burns away to reveal a staircase behind it. When you enter the room, you note - to your dissapointment -  there is nothing else here except the stairs ahead.

Dustan Hache:
giving off a quick sigh of annoyance, he starts checking the eastern corridor instead.
A short walk down and the hallway splits - to the left passage are four corridors on opposite wall, while to the right, the hall stops quickly, with two doors at its end.

FallacyofUrist:
Clarence follows the Bard.
You follow him, and find that your corridor is the base of a t-section. In the left corridor, four hallways continue in your direction. To the right, meanwhile, the corridor stops short and only contains two doors - on opposite walls - at its end.

Oceansoul:
If he does decide to do it, escape the room. If not, take out the self-reflective mirror and do something with it and the mirror mural.
You take out your mirror and place it against the mural. Nothing. You reflect the image of the mirror in your mirror. Still nothing. It seems this was an exercise in futility.

Doubloon-Seven & DolosusDoleus:
All this walking around has made you pretty exhausted. You sit down for a moment. How long have you been here? Time is weird. Your mind wanders, and you derail the game.

See below.

###
              #<#
             ##.##
            ##.^.##
            #..T..#  ###
            ##...##  #.?
             ##.##   #.#
              #.#    #.?
           ####A#    #.##
           #....#    #...?
           #....#    #B##
 ###########....######...?
 #....................C##
 #.##########''#######.#
 #W'V...#  #....#    #.#
?..#....#  s....f    +.+
##.######  #....#    ###
 ?.+       b....c
 #.#       #....#
 ?.#       k...Gm
 #?#       #....#
           w....l
           #....#
           h....r
           #....#
           ######

A = Androwyn Vaugless
 B = "Bard"
 C = Clarence
 G = Garden Evoire
 T = Typhos
 V = Reginald Valentine
 W = White Rabbit
 b = book
 c = crown
 f = flute
 h = hourglass
 k = key
 l = lantern
 m = mirror
 r = rose
 s = sword
 w = wand
 ^ = fire
 + = door
 + = door
 # = wall
 . = floor
 < = stairs up

Turn 1

crazyabe:
I Head down to the local Bar and Look for some "Help" because I'll have a Job to do...
You walk into the bar and wait by the jukebox. The buffoons milling about are inexplicably drawn toward you, and within minutes they are standing by you. You pitch to them the idea of helping you out in matters... not-so-legal. [20%+10%(drunk)+15%(stupid) = 45% Success chance; Roll: 30] A few wander away and pretend they heard nothing, but the many still remaining are happy to help - if they get a cut of the profits, of course.
 +7 losers

Rethi-Eli:
Lighten a few pockets to warm up for something more difficult. If noticed, quickly take down any immediate aggressors before running away.
You find a small crowd milling outside a liquer store, and give your skills a chance. [30%+12%(drunk) = 42% Success chance; Roll: 24] You lighten many of their pockets, and soon have ammased a decent amount of spoils:
 +$70  +20 cigarettes  +4 lighters  +3 wallets  +3 IDs  +8 credit cards  +pocket knife.

tntey & Liberoscien
Overcome by indecision, you decide that perhaps you aren't supposed to make this choice. Perhaps there is another place that you should be. Perhaps there is another place you need to be. Perhaps you should derail the game.

See below.

Spoiler: crazyabe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rethi-Eli (click to show/hide)

tntey, Liberonscien, Doubloon-Seven, DolosusDoleus & TheBiggerFish:

"Yeah, but it'll be orange."
Spoiler: Concept (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 07:03:22 pm by Tomasque »
Money!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2017, 06:48:06 pm »

Think about, analyse, and do other things with the mirror. In fact, think it aloud in red wording, just in case.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 06:53:47 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2017, 06:49:32 pm »

Spoiler: What did I ask? (click to show/hide)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2017, 08:58:02 pm »

Spoiler: What did I ask them? (click to show/hide)
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2017, 09:00:52 pm »

"what did you ask them" is quite open-ended. You could, for example, have asked them if you were consistent with your prior character sheet...

Shoot a wind arrow along the floor through the middle of the room to clear the dust out of my path, then ascend the stairs. While quietly muttering about how this mess is probably all due to the villainous nature of humans.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9