Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Derail.  (Read 8398 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Derail.
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2017, 10:13:43 pm »

Turn 2

OceanSoul:
Try to go through the door behind me.
You enter a long room. On the walls you can see murals of beautiful objects. A sword, a wand, a book, and many others are depicted with beautiful colors and designs. Other than them, there is nothing else of interest in this room.

FallacyofUrist:
Clarence rhythmically moves between her current location and the square above her. Some music might help her rhythm.
You step to the rhythm of your own design. Back and forth and back and forth.

I_Like_Pi:
Go to the door in front and inspect it for traps.
You go up to the door, and are about to inspect the lock when the wood bursts into flame! The door cracks in half under its own weights, and through a burst of sparks, you  see a strange looking room beyond.

Dustan Hache:
try to squeeze past the others to the northern door, then try to open it.
You walk to the door, but Typhos has gotten there first. You eye the smoldering flame that's left of the door. Not much left to open, but at least you can see the peculiar room beyond it.

Person:
Walk down the hallway I'm in.
40 feet down, it turns a left corner. Down that passage, you can see more branching corridors, and two doors on your left.

RAM:
Androwyn kicks some of the fire at the door to burn it down.
You move to kick it, but it slides away as Typhos moves to the door. It then burns right through the door, uncovering the strangely designed room it lead to.

DolosusDoleus:
Kick down the southern door. Swagger into next room.
Someone has beat you to entering, but they didn't open the other door. You give it a good kick, and it flies open to reveal a long room with beautiful pictures painted onto the walls. The paintings are of fine quality, but most are of fairly mundane things: A book, a lyre, a rose, and other seemingly unconnected objects.

roseheart:
Set to follow 2 spaces behind on person with most hp.

Do this unless it would surely result, in damage.

W

(if even hp, most leathal)
You decide that the best person to follow would be the Lancer, and you run down the corridor after them. After you turn a corner, you see them standing there, looking down the corridor. It seems that a few more hallways branch off of here, and there are also two doors on your left.

Doubloon-Seven:
Go through the double doors.
You follow the Psychic and the rowdy Captain into the room beyond. The room is not very wide, but is quite long. On the walls are painted murals of various objects, all differing except in their exquisite beauty.

tntey:
You feel your mind wander. There is something else you could be doing, you think to yourself, Something other than walking around this boring dungeon... Your eyes glaze over, and you derail the game.

See below.

##+
            ##..?
            #...?
            ##..?
             ##.#
              #.#
           ####^#
           #..AT#
           #...B#
 ###########C...######
 #....................?
 #W##########''#######
 #V+       #....#
?..#       s.R..f
##.#       #....#
 ?.+       b....c
 #.#       #..J.#
 ?.#       k....m
 #?#       #.G..#
           w....l
           #....#
           h....r
           #....#
           ######

A = Androwyn Vaugless
 B = "Bard"
 C = Clarence
 G = Garden Evoire
 J = Captain Jock Kestrel
 R = Chancellor Rolf
 T = Typhos
 V = Reginald Valentine
 W = White Rabbit
 b = book
 c = crown
 f = flute
 h = hourglass
 k = key
 l = lantern
 m = mirror
 r = rose
 s = sword
 w = wand
 ^ = fire
 + = door
 + = door
 # = wall
 . = floor

tntey, Liberonscien, Rethi-Eli & crazyabe:

Villains: Age of Darkness
Spoiler: Concept (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

((Note: New players always start on the latest-created game.))
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 09:32:22 am by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2017, 10:38:45 pm »

Open the door next to me. If there is an enemy inside, stab it. If not look for loot.

Say, could you make a poison to put on my spear? Could be useful.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2017, 11:39:55 pm »

Give valentine a stunning potion(one that I've built immunity to) to use on his spear. Continue to follow atleast 2 spaces back when visibility permits.
Also give valentine a healing potion, the drawback of it being it takes a turn to kick in.

Hold on to this. But not too tightly.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2017, 12:40:01 am »

Androwyn draws flames from the nearby fire into the form of an arrow and launches it at the door to their north.
"This place is tired and cliche. It's ugliness is best consigned to ash."
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2017, 04:06:29 am »

Typhos, Liberonscien, Rethi-Eli & crazyabe:

((Wait, so did I derail even though I posted? I'm gonna assume you meant tntey...))

Typhos, heads north into the room and looks to the right.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 05:13:23 pm by I_Like_Pi »
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2017, 05:16:04 am »

"Was it really nessesary to burn the door down? I know doors are annoying, but still..."
giving off a quick sigh of annoyance, he starts checking the eastern corridor instead.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2017, 05:50:27 am »

..Huh? But then..we DID enter the dungeon though this door, right? We had to have entered it SOMEhow..It has to be an artifact. Spatial alteration would either be the active work of a mate or a passive effect of an artifact, and there's no mages doing that here anymore. Nothing here seems particularly dungeon-y, except maybe the lantern. That wouldn't work though- the affect would've had to rely on it's light. The book could easily contain the maps and systems required for it, though.
Forsee what would happen if I took the book off the pedestal and out of the room.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2017, 06:16:54 am »

(Am I on the new game now?)
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2017, 07:23:15 am »

Pick up the Sword.

Avanti!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2017, 08:35:43 am »

Pick up the Sword.

NO! Don't touch anything! It could be a trap! At least let me foresee what would happen from taking one of them first! If it's safe, THEN you can pick it up. If not, you'll be glad your soul isn't sealed inside the sword or anything!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 08:41:58 am by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2017, 09:33:13 am »

Typhos, Liberonscien, Rethi-Eli & crazyabe:

((Wait, so did I derail even though I posted? I'm gonna assume you meant tntey...))
(Am I on the new game now?)

I meant to write tntey in the new game instead of Typhos. So yes, tntey, you are part of the new game.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2017, 09:34:15 am »

..Huh? But then..we DID enter the dungeon though this door, right? We had to have entered it SOMEhow..It has to be an artifact. Spatial alteration would either be the active work of a mate or a passive effect of an artifact, and there's no mages doing that here anymore. Nothing here seems particularly dungeon-y, except maybe the lantern. That wouldn't work though- the affect would've had to rely on it's light. The book could easily contain the maps and systems required for it, though.
Forsee what would happen if I took the book off the pedestal and out of the room.
Pick up the Sword.

The objects aren't there - these are just murals on the wall.
Money!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2017, 10:17:39 am »

"Ahoy mateys! Scuttle the room!"

Scuttle the room, taking the sword painting.

"This be mine now!"
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2017, 10:36:30 am »

*shrug*

Clarence follows the Bard.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2017, 11:26:00 am »

"Ahoy mateys! Scuttle the room!"

Scuttle the room, taking the sword painting.

"This be mine now!"
It's a mural. Murals are paintings painted on the wall. If you could remove the bricks the mural is on without ruining the chamber's structural integrity, causing the room to collapse on itself while letting Garden escape the room beforehand, go for it.
If he does decide to do it, escape the room. If not, take out the self-reflective mirror and do something with it and the mirror mural..(btw, only wanted you to hold off on mentioning my inventory before so that I could have left the tarot cards outside the dungeon and returned to pick them up. They will now be on me)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9