Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Derail.  (Read 8455 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Derail.
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2017, 12:25:57 am »

So I don't have a spear then? Edit: Oh, all right then. That's what I was wondering. Will change my action then.

Walk down the hallway I'm in.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 01:37:07 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2017, 12:43:03 am »

So I don't have a spear then?
Sorry for not defining it more: You have anything your class would be assumed to have and can do anything your class could feasibly do. Inventory is for things you find along the way.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2017, 01:37:33 am »

"I wouldn't touch that door if I were you. It looks vulgar!"
Androwyn kicks some of the fire at the door to burn it down.

"elves are better than you" is mostly about diplomacy checks when asserting elven superiority. It could potentially arise in physical competitions... Really, it comes down to proving elven superiority being the whole point of the exercise. If "Getting out alive" or "killing these monsters" is a significant factor then elven superiority is just a general background constant and the bonus won't apply.

Example 1: Bonus! Elves are best!
"Elves are all cowards! They'll run away at the first sign of danger!"
"Hmf, you pests boast like the vermin you are, let us hunt those boars you are so proud of and see who cowers..."
As the boar charges, I affix a magic rope to and arrow, fire it into the boar's snout, then jump upon its back and ride it back to the town.

Example 2: No bonus. Food is also important, maybe?
"Golly gee I am hungry."
"Hmph. Feeble humans would starve without us. Fortunately my superior elven skills will prove abundant for the task."
As the boar charges, I affix a magic rope to and arrow, fire it into the boar's snout, then jump upon its back and ride it back to the camp.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2017, 01:45:27 am »

"Ahoy landlubbers! We be going this way!"

Kick down the southern door. Swagger into next room.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2017, 02:10:10 am »

Set to follow 2 spaces behind on person with most hp.

Do this unless it would surely result, in damage.

W

(if even hp, most leathal)
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2017, 03:01:15 am »

You have anything your class would be assumed to have
To anyone who reads this: If I said "magic archer", what sort of clothing would you assume?

To do my own part:
Class: Duelist
Knee-high polished black leather boots with belts sand buckles, pink tights, puffed shorts, clearly oversized codpiece(note that these are gender-neutral outfits, a codpiece makes a statement), Ruffled off-white shirt with puffed shoulders and long sleeves, purest-white silk scarf, Maroon tricorn hat with a dozen pheasant feathers running down one side.
Class: Psychic
Loose bright-aqua robe with the narrowest slut across the eyes and so much starch that gravity has no effect upon its shape.
Class: Herbalogist
Green suede ankle-length boots, ling tight green pants, knee-length green robe, green purse filled with tomato seeds.
Class: Pinball Wizard
Three large disco-balls stacked one upon another with leg, arm, and eye holes, fluorescent yellow socks and gloves.
Class: Necrodancer
Skull-cap and hair bikini-top + grassrib-skirt.
Class: Sailor fuku
Class: Shovel-Wielding Adventurer
covered in loose hardened leather held together with quick-release straps to rapidly rid oneself of all the dirt and sand that worked its way in.
Class: Lancer
Upper-body: Standard metal armour. Lower-body: a fake horse.
Class: Pyromancer
A potato sack.(Wisdom sayeth: the pyromancer who spends money on clothing ends with neither.)
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2017, 06:04:57 am »

Personally, I associate Psychic more with the colors pink and purple, mostly due to Pokémon. So I would imagine her clothing looks like a smoother, flowing pinkish purple robe, and maybe a bit of a wavy pattern. Also, nothing over the head/face.
Also, I saw the Crypt of the Necrodancer references.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 06:52:07 am by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2017, 06:39:45 am »

Go through the double doors.

Avanti!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2017, 07:13:04 am »

Go through the double doors.
Thanks for your help.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2017, 07:59:03 am »

"Truly, 'tis no problem!"

Avanti!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2017, 09:32:18 am »

"Oh, hello miss! You seem strangely familiar. Maybe once we get out of this tight spot we can introduce ourselves?"

"I think I'd like that. Actually, you seem somewhat familiar to me as well."
~~~
To anyone who reads this: If I said "magic archer", what sort of clothing would you assume?
Flexible green leather armor, quiver filled with oddly-tipped arrows, bow slung on back. Maybe a hood.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2017, 10:36:41 am »

Class: Necrodancer
Skull-cap and hair bikini-top + grassrib-skirt.
You are accounting for the fact that the necrodancer is male, right? Try something more along the lines of a tunic, a pair of trousers, and a lute.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2017, 12:18:55 pm »

Added starting gear to my char description.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2017, 12:50:27 pm »

Would Tarot cards and a small self-meditation mirror be acceptable for Garden's inventory?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2017, 01:23:38 pm »

As long as it doesn't provide an automatic bonus, yeah. If someone wanted to use a potion from their character's class (like roseheart) they'd have to make a roll to see if they succeed in it having the desired effect.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9