Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Derail.  (Read 8425 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Derail.
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2017, 07:51:30 pm »

Name: Clarence
Class: Shovel-Wielding Adventurer
Skills:
+1 Digging
+1 Timing
+2 Rhythmic Combat
Feat: Undead: No injury short of a missing limb can impede Clarence's effectiveness, especially while dancing.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2017, 08:01:19 pm »

I Wasn't sure what you were looking for, so I brought three...

Name: Project: Awakened Ant Utility. Experiment: 3rd(escaped). Alias: Poweh(spelled Paaue)
Class (Nothing too fancy): Medieval Engineer
Skills (choose 3: +1, +1, +2): Remain with the party in a not-stepped-upon state+1, Invent mechanical devices+1, Implausibly build mechanical devices+2.
Feat (A bonus that doesn't simply add to dice rolls): Can engrave any amount of text instantly with the following restrictions: A: I am standing on the same surface. B: I am not being observed. C: The location of the text is not being observed.

Name: Androwyn Vaugless
Class (Nothing too fancy): Magic Archer
Skills (choose 3: +1, +1, +2): Magic associated with or resembling(A.R.) bow-use +1, bow-use A.R. magic +1, elves are better than you +2.
Feat (A bonus that doesn't simply add to dice rolls): Attempts to discern my gender automatically fail and produce results that favour me.

Name: That Evil Psychic Ray-fish Monster That Keeps Following Us
Class (Nothing too fancy): Psychic
Skills (choose 3: +1, +1, +2): Telepathy+1, Kinesis+1, Metabolic control+2
Feat (A bonus that doesn't simply add to dice rolls): There is always a convenient nearby breathable medium for a purely aquatic creature.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2017, 08:09:07 pm »

Name: Reginald Valentine
Class: Lancer
Skills: 
+1 Throwing
+1 Dodging
+2 Spear Fighting
Feat: Battle Continuation: Can keep fighting for a little while after dying. Healing him in this state may be able to prevent death. Doesn't apply to especially fatal attacks(Disintigration, Huge Explosions, etc)

(I totally didn't rip anything off, not at all.)

We don't have a medic. That ought to be fun. I'd normally be worried about how strong this feat is, but one of us is undead so *shrug*.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 08:30:15 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2017, 08:45:01 pm »

..And I thought that this game wouldn't get many other players. Might as well start working on a second character sheet, in case I die.
Name: Lyka Nerokk
Class: Beastman
Skills: Shapeshifting +1, Infection +2,  Natural Instinct +1
Feat: Master Infector- Lyka can infect anything with his animal genes, making them half-animal. He can cause temporary infection, or permanent, and it can be of any normal animal and maybe a few mythical ones.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2017, 09:03:32 pm »

Name: Androwyn Vaugless
Class (Nothing too fancy): Magic Archer
Skills (choose 3: +1, +1, +2): Magic associated with or resembling(A.R.) bow-use +1, bow-use A.R. magic +1, elves are better than you +2.
Feat (A bonus that doesn't simply add to dice rolls): Attempts to discern my gender automatically fail and produce results that favour me.
I chose this one. Also, what does the skill "elves are better than you" mean? seems a bit broad :P

Oh, and you're British! This game just got 50% more cultured.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2017, 09:35:52 pm »

Name: Typhos
Class: Pyromancer
Skills: Fire Magic (+1), Explosion Magic (+2), Wind Magic (+1)
Feat: Pyroclasm: Light's everything 5 feet in front on Typhos on fire.
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2017, 09:40:44 pm »

Turn 1

You have entered the Labyrinth. There is a pair closed doors behind you. There is a hallway to your left and right. In front of you is a room, with a door at the far end.

####+#
        #..^.#
        #R.TA#
 ########.JB.######
?......VGC.YW......?
 #########++#######

A = Androwyn Vaugless
 B = "Bard"
 C = Clarence
 G = Garden Evoire
 J = Captain Jock Kestrel
 R = Chancellor Rolf
 T = Typhos
 V = Reginald Valentine
 W = White Rabbit
 Y = Yetnit
 ^ = fire
 + = door
 # = wall
 . = floor

« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 09:57:36 pm by Tomasque »
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2017, 09:48:17 pm »

Sorry, but I think I dropped something outside. Once again, sorry...
Try to go through the door behind me.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2017, 10:02:20 pm »

So, what's the plan then?

Check my inventory.

(Wonder how many of us are going to derail... By the way, I see what you did there OceanSoul.

Edit: Your character origin/inspiration. :P)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 10:11:04 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2017, 10:07:41 pm »

So, what's the plan then?

Check my inventory.

(Wonder how many of us are going to derail... By the way, I see what you did there OceanSoul.)
What do you mean?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2017, 10:37:38 pm »

Check my inventory.
Everyone's inventory is empty.
Money!

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2017, 10:42:30 pm »

will make a sheet tommorw

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2017, 11:08:00 pm »

"Uh... hello? Could you please move, I don't have room to move very much right now..."

Clarence rhythmically moves between her current location and the square above her. Some music might help her rhythm.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2017, 11:22:10 pm »

"I suppose the plan is the same as any other adventure involving a dungeon: explore everything."

Go to the door in front and inspect it for traps.
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2017, 12:00:57 am »

Name: Reginald Valentine
Class: Lancer
Skills: 
+1 Throwing
+1 Dodging
+2 Spear Fighting
Feat: Battle Continuation: Can keep fighting for a little while after dying. Healing him in this state may be able to prevent death. Doesn't apply to especially fatal attacks(Disintigration, Huge Explosions, etc)

(I totally didn't rip anything off, not at all.)

We don't have a medic. That ought to be fun. I'd normally be worried about how strong this feat is, but one of us is undead so *shrug*.
(true, but you have a necromancer instead, meaning you can come back from the dead if I get a good roll!)
"Uh... hello? Could you please move, I don't have room to move very much right now..."

Clarence rhythmically moves between her current location and the square above her. Some music might help her rhythm.
"Oh, hello miss! You seem strangely familiar. Maybe once we get out of this tight spot we can introduce ourselves?"
try to squeeze past the others to the northern door, then try to open it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 12:30:18 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9