Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57

Author Topic: Paranormal 25 - Game over! Town victory!  (Read 79383 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Day 4 brings blood and ashes.
« Reply #720 on: February 28, 2017, 09:05:12 pm »

TDS:FOR THE THIRD TIME:  I AM A WAR VET WHO ALSO HAS AN ANTI-TECH AURA, WHICH IS POSSIBLE.
Yeah, but your horrible play is almost impossible.
There is that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: February 28, 2017, 09:15:51 pm »

Wait Hiveminded players keep their original role? That's real stupid and should be changed. Whatever then.

TheBiggerFish.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 28, 2017, 09:22:22 pm »

TDS: On this point alone I'm going to agree with Fish, since it's an absolute fact that a quick read of the roles list can discover.  Natural anti-tech fields can be possessed by any non-psychic player, up to and including most aliens.

Everybody: Just vote TBF and shorten, there's nothing that's worth discussing unless somehow both Leaf and TBF aren't scum and we'll only know that tomorrow.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 28, 2017, 10:15:28 pm »

TDS: On this point alone I'm going to agree with Fish, since it's an absolute fact that a quick read of the roles list can discover.  Natural anti-tech fields can be possessed by any non-psychic player, up to and including most aliens.

Interesting, I didn't realize that.

TBF is still really scummy, ofc.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 28, 2017, 10:16:59 pm »

Shorten
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 28, 2017, 11:07:44 pm »

Oh for fucks sake... stop jerking off to edge-case conspiracy theories...

Leafsnail: Let's say there is a cult.  The first two cultists have to be TDS and hector13, with one of them as the cult leader, because TDS claimed agent operative N2 and wouldn't know hector's role if they weren't in the cult together (and wouldn't be able to coordinate a fakeclaim if they weren't in the cult together if hector is the leader).  Tiruin has to be the night two convert because during N3 she claimed to receive both items, something she would only lie about if she were a cultist.  This also means that the hivemind is of the psionic flavor, since Tiruin was protected by multiple guards that night (including one who is, by death, confirmed to be town) and tech hiveminds have their convert redirected by guards.  Now, we reach N3.  There's really only one choice for them to convert, and that's Persus13: he's cleared as not-scum by DA's death since either Tiruin is telling the truth about her PM from shakerag (thus making Persus not scum) or Tiruin is scum and maybe lying in which case he's still not scum because there's only one scum left.  That means there are four cult (including up to two guards), three town, and one scum.  If `we lynch one of the town today, they botkill webadict, lynch TBF, and they know the confirmed not-scum can't do anything to them so they just lynch me the next day (if the game hasn't been ended already).  One of the guards can, meanwhile, take the hit for the cult leader and prevent the cult from instantly losing.  The same thing happens if we don't lynch you except you get converted in the night, Leafsnail, which just ensures that you win with them.  And if we try to lynch the cult leader today, they can force a no-lynch with their numbers, leading to the "we don't lynch leafsnail" situation tomorrow.

What does this all mean?

If there is a hivemind, the town has already lost the game.  So stop fucking talking about it and get over yourselves.

If the game doesn't end after the scum dies, then we can talk about what to do, since the most likely case is an exterminator who's been hiding through the game.  But right now, it does nothing but WIFOM and distract the town from it's actual goal: Lynch the scum.

Also, TBF has as good as claimed he's the last scum at this point, so we should def lynch him.  Obviously botkill Leafsnail if by some miracle TBF's not scum.  Seriously, you all are basically arguing against reason itself at this point.  Especially you Leaf.
Finally someone gets it.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 28, 2017, 11:11:09 pm »

Finally someone gets it.
Lolz.

I've "gotten it" for a while, but decided I should try to accomplish things by actually explaining them to people rather than just yelling.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 01, 2017, 06:29:35 am »

Y'know if it wasn't apparent, when TBF first posted he received no notification, I was being patient with the :) that said 'You're lying' all over. :P

But here's my real claim.

I am a tech Hivemind.
My name is T1-Ru1N. And you have all played into my trap :D
Actually I am a benevolent AI stuck in a dystopian world--and I have played my cards very well.
I have TWO assassin bots; I've targeted doll as my first believer. Sharing PMs with him, and a gamble onto the worst active player this game has brought great profit. With doll and the information through him, I have gained Persus during the second night. Webadict would've been a wonderful choice, as would've been Shakerag too. I didn't chose to use my assassin bots even at night two because of the high chance of hitting loveable townies.

Then night 3 came.

And then I ran out of ideas on how to filler this that I'd just advocate people to shorten the game because TBF is OBVIOUSLY PLAYING TO HIS WINCON AND WILL NOT ADD MORE INFORMATION GIVEN HIS CURRENT PLAY.

It's...pretty, contextually, obvious.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 01, 2017, 06:30:17 am »

Everybody: Just vote TBF and shorten, there's nothing that's worth discussing unless somehow both Leaf and TBF aren't scum and we'll only know that tomorrow.
By the time I shortened, we had 4/1.

We just need that tiny bit more. :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 01, 2017, 06:35:17 am »

Just... LYNCH SOMEONE. I don't know WHY we didn't shoot Leafsnail last Night. No, that's a lie, I know why. It's because Tiruin is too easy to manipulate into making her believe something. The only reason I'm suggesting we shoot Leafsnail Tonight is because TBF cannot be killed by Assassin Bots.
It's not like I am capable of thinking right? :v I mean, it's not like Tiruin thought about putting Leafsnail down in her list to check as the second highest priority (which she did).

I get that you're somehow having this schtick, but it's not a nice thing to continue when you are very capable of being better, both in communication and getting your frustrated point across.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 01, 2017, 07:08:48 am »

Webadict:I have a sneaking suspicion that you are the Hivemind...
TBF = Dopp.
Dopp team targeted obviously obvious people ;~; (I'll love reading the logs though on why people picked IronyOwl :P Seems like he's the more ancient version of "If TDS survives N1, he's not Town" mantra)

Also do know that it's pretty apparent that you lied about the not known of being targeted--NOTHING can tell otherwise unless there is added notice of whichever tech exists, for notice's sake.
And I haven't gotten ANY notice about anything else other than things which are obviously nice sprucing flavor.

But let's plan out the night instead of SHOUTING OTHER PEOPLE DOWN (and taking my mention of 'scientist' as the core point of my belief and posting when it was a tiny mention as an aside that anyone without prejudice and bias could see and I'm irritated by that). It's pretty obvious I'll use this assassin bot on Leafsnail if the game doesn't end post-lynch. [Assume Persus protects me; assume heroic guard + town and all those war vets; TDS = town ally as he gave me TWO techs.]

And then we base everything on the outcome? Seems pretty fair and straightforward.
TBF is still really scummy, ofc.
It feels like a bad denouement though. (That and it feels like demoralization hit when DA got lynched and night PMs uncovered a lot more than they should've, alongside the possible probability of a bus chain--explicitly in a read-back when observing RattyB's attitude, my latent mention of abruptness in how I worded 'scumteam didn't get your back' having a feeling of false confidence (and then me forgetting all that until last night >_>), and otherwise)

But if Leafsnail isn't scum, I'd really love to know why the mindset is like that o_O

Also if ANYONE has any better ideas given our more than 5 number, other than Hivemind conspiracies including the existing players and the facts we've uncovered [not alternative facts :I nobody bring that here {but you did} (HMPH)], please shorten.

It's 4 shorten to 1 extension. :P

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 01, 2017, 07:10:46 am »

Tiruin.

You are so gullible.

What role am I?

Unshorten.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 01, 2017, 07:14:21 am »

Tiruin.

You are so gullible.

What role am I?

Unshorten.
Yeah I love you too web. :v You can stop the push for insults now. "Oh AHA TIRUIN CLAIMED" and a long train of thoughts following that.

Seriously. Contextualize (or given that it's apparent you're not serious...is there anything else you'd like to add other than the Leafsnail/TBF thing? Like...for out of game stuff if you've mentioned EVERYTHING)

Because those bits of your playstyle about superficializing other people instead of their playstyle isn't really helpful for anyone. And this is mention towards you as a player here.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 01, 2017, 07:21:43 am »

No, not particularly.

I am simply letting you know.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 01, 2017, 07:25:23 am »

Or is this the part where I beg to be on your team?

Because conversions don't always work.

Sometimes they can't work.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57