Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 57

Author Topic: Paranormal 25 - Game over! Town victory!  (Read 79601 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Day 3 brings no sign of Spring
« Reply #630 on: February 23, 2017, 07:36:03 pm »

I'd like you to actually do some serious re-evaluation after my flip, webadict (and anyone else blindly following doll). Don't just go "oh that was 100% his fault" like you did after the day one mislynch. Think about how bad of an idea it was to lynch me from an objective mechanical perspective, and think about how hard doll pushed it in spite of that. Maybe also resolve not to lynch people based on stupid policy reasons like "they advocated a lynch on someone who I trust absolutely for no reason".

Also I'd like to remind the dopps about the fairly strong possibility that TDS (or doll) are a Hivemind. If you want to win you should take a shot at one of them because, if they are a hivemind, it would bring down their followers and lead to a fairly even game between town and scum. I'm saying this to you because doing that would be mutually beneficial for both humans and doppelgangers compared to just letting a Hivemind win.

I think a Hivemind is likely because 3 scum in a 14 player game is a fairly small amount, and most of the other scum would have already shown up already. Also there being 5 scum players out of 10 (3 Hivemind, 2 dopps) would explain the general lack of activity and critical thought in the thread today.
You should have pointed out that your lynch doesn't necessarily confirm DA sooner instead of wasting your time with a doll lynch. Much of your time was wasted trying to convince webadict, when banging your head against a brick wall would have been more useful. You need three votes to not get lynched and that's growing ever more increasingly unlikely.
webadict was the only person who seemed to be reading about or engaging with the thread. I can't really convince other people if they're just not paying attention. Heck, not a single person in the thread has seriously engaged the plan I posted earlier. doll and webadict consciously ignored it, everyone else just hasn't commented on it at all. It fucking sucks, to be honest - why should I put any effort into this game if no-one else is going to care at all?

I think this attitude is dumb - even though it's a bad idea, you want to see me lynched just because I advocated a lynch you didn't like earlier (and this is what you're doing, if you're refusing to vote against this lynch)? I didn't have the time to make a full-on analysis post until I did.
You advocated multiple lynches I didn't like.

Although, you are right. Why should anyone put any effort into this game if no one else pays attention. You are literally like one of the two people who cares.

And because of that, I will do you a favor. I will vote Deus Asmoth. Mostly because while you don't deserve this chance, I also believe you'll be here to talk, which, frankly, is less boring than watching you die.

And I love a good show.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 23, 2017, 07:46:51 pm »

aaaaay

Deus Asmoth
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: February 23, 2017, 07:52:44 pm »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 23, 2017, 08:02:43 pm »

inb4 threadlock

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 23, 2017, 08:33:44 pm »

The Whiteboard
4maskwolf: Persus13
Deus Asmoth: hector13, Leafsnail, TheDarkStar, Tiruin, webadict
hector13: Deus Asmoth
Leafsnail: 4maskwolf, doll, TheBiggerFish

The day grows late, and everyone's energy is flagging. Coffee stopped doing much hours ago and time draws short.

Finally, a decision is reached. Deus Asmoth is selected. Hector13 grabs up the shotgun and walks towards him.

"Well, your turn. Here's hoping we picked right two days in a row!"

Suddenly the condemned moves forward with a burst of speed, features melting and long claws sprouting from its fingertips. It catches the shotgun as Hector rushes to bring it to bear. "I can read your mind, fool! Enough of this farce. Die!" the Telepath shoves the barrel of the shotgun away and swings back a clawed hand. But a well swung thwack of a chair by webadict sends the monster reeling before it can eviscerate Hector and he unloads both barrels into its torso.

In shock he staggers back and leans against the wall.

Two down. One to go.

You hurry off to your houses. This town isn't safe yet. Not by a long shot.

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 08:36:03 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Night 3
« Reply #635 on: February 27, 2017, 07:39:44 pm »

Morning dawns bright and cold. The last trails of the snowstorm passed by during the night and light floods in through the windows.

You meet up back in the town hall. A bit more chipper today, perhaps. Well, as much as you can be.

Doll never shows up, though, and the mood sours a bit. No helping it, you need to see what happened.

Hot drinks in hand you head off to Doll's house. There the door has been burst open, and pieces of the hapless victim are scattered all around. The head is even mounted on top of the fireplace poker and leaning against the mantle as some sort of...warning? Prize? You're not sure, and quite frankly none of you want to know for sure.

Someone finds his diary, where he noted his desire to help protect the the rest of the town as an Observant Guard. It seems he himself was in need or protecting last night.

There is still a doppelganger among you. Someone faking horror at this grisly scene.

Find it, kill it, and make your town safe again.

Day 4 has started. It will go until ~Noon Pacific Thursday.

Note: I am leaving Thursday afternoon for Seattle, hence the earlier day end time. I'll have my computer with me and internet, I think, but my response to things might be a bit slow.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Day 4 brings blood and ashes.
« Reply #636 on: February 27, 2017, 07:43:20 pm »

Well.

Thank you to the scum for making the town's lives easier by going after one of the unconfirmed players.

Your sacrifice will be remembered, doll.

I was going to start the day off with a vote but I just wifom'd myself and need to go back and read some stuff to settle my mind.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 27, 2017, 07:49:35 pm »

Hector, do you know who killed doll?

Also Tiruin, what did you end up doing last night? Why no assassin bot kill? Who did you end up tracking?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 27, 2017, 07:51:15 pm »

That was not an especially surprising death ::)

Anyway, Tiruin: I'm also wondering why there was no assassin bot kill.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 27, 2017, 07:51:49 pm »

I don't know who killed doll, no.

+1 re: lack of assassin bot kill.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 27, 2017, 07:56:42 pm »

I mean, I have a theory on the assassin bot thing, but I'm going to wait and see what Tiruin says, first.

Also for those not in on the PMs last night (just TBF and Leafsnail, right?), Tiruin said she got the shield and the assassin bot from TDS.
I've sent my shield to Tiruin. If we're planning on using the assassin bot tonight, I'll just use it to confirm I have it. If not, I'll also send it to Tiruin.
Give it to Tiruin. We got a Dopp. We can save it for later.

Alright, done.
Confirming lack of Hivemind everyone! Unless somehow TDS is a Hivemind and got another alien :P

I have my gifts~
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 27, 2017, 07:57:57 pm »

I don't know who killed doll, no.

+1 re: lack of assassin bot kill.
Makes sense since he was found dead in this house, not yours.

Its an odd kill though. I would probably have gone for TDS instead.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 27, 2017, 08:53:07 pm »

lololololololol.

You killed doll?!?!?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Leafsnail.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 27, 2017, 08:59:58 pm »

I'm gonna be honest, I would've killed 4mask. You should've killed doll Day 2 if you were gonna kill him. That would've put me in the biggest bind. Instead, I basically got to ride out the game.

I'd like to take the time to fully claim now.

I am the Hivemind. Three of you are now under my--

Lol, no, I'm a War Vet still, but seriously, this game was not balanced well, and it's basically over. Leafsnail is the last remaining Doppelganger 95% sure. The last 4% belongs to TBF, and 1% for... I dunno, 4mask? Maybe like .0000000000000001% for Tiruin, because I'll be honest, it would make me happy to see that happen.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 27, 2017, 09:01:03 pm »

I'm gonna be honest, I would've killed 4mask.
So you would have committed suicide?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 57