Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 57

Author Topic: Paranormal 25 - Game over! Town victory!  (Read 79632 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Day 3 brings no sign of Spring
« Reply #600 on: February 22, 2017, 07:10:27 am »

There we go. Now Leafsnail is thinking. That has much better prospects for Town.

Advocating for doll's lynch was a horrible idea. Advocating for TDS's lynch was a horrible idea. But finally voting for DA? That is a smart move. Now you could potentially influence people. Not me, of course, but other's certainly.

Tiruin, Leafsnail claimed Kook Townie. This is certainly possible, but I haven't liked his play all of D3, up until he finally did something he should've done earlier.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 22, 2017, 08:22:01 am »

Doll would also be a perfectly good lynch.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 22, 2017, 08:25:31 am »

Technically, I'd be open to that looking past his attitude--theoretically, I'd like to raise the question: Why. As in theory, this also requires context and time, meaning now in Day 3, and the reasons why. :P

I'd love to hear more from you Leafy :) (But when you're probably less stressed or burdened by work)

Also when I extended a LOOOONG way back, I didn't notice the first extension had been used >_>
And still reading through as lag + on/off internet = :I browsing.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 22, 2017, 08:31:05 am »

@Tiruin: the reason it would be bad for town is because DA has a survive result on me. For me to be a dopp DA would almost certainly have to be lying, and therefore also a dopp. So either me and DA are dopps together (in which case lynching DA is just as good) or I'm not a dopp (in which case lynching me is bad, or at best kindof neutral if I'm a survivor). There is one edge case where a dopp can give a survive result but it would require a specific role and a mind shield and a shitty pick.

Running the analysis following a doll/4mask/webadict/TBF lynch today would be a little harder, but it could be better since we'd get more results off DA before he dies. I'll try running it when I have the time.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 22, 2017, 08:51:35 am »

Maaan, I read that thing that DA wrote but it didn't click when I was wondering about most recent posts <_<
Now I'm doubtful--people seem to be poking attitude foremost; I'm unsure where a telepath can be fooled into a survive *solely by checking* (and there are various lists of possibilities) but DA is confirmed one (or may have fakeclaimed, but that's doubtful as he claimed something TIED TO TBF at the time it was presented). Cross-checking with the listed plans presented...I'm leaning onto the idea that Leafsnail isn't particularly the *best* choice presented; sure he may *feel* like a good choice but effectively, it's not the best with what resources we've got (It may help one's nerves, but in cognitive studies--this also includes one's own perspective into it, not just 'the other person acting as they are' :P)
PFP because wow I can't even post THIS MUCH TEXT as much as the above without the page flipping into error drive. :I
Thanks for the extension--will try posting more tomorrow.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 22, 2017, 10:14:31 am »

The Whiteboard
4maskwolf: Persus13
Deus Asmoth: hector13, Leafsnail, TheDarkStar
hector13: Deus Asmoth
Leafsnail: 4maskwolf, doll, TheBiggerFish, webadict

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Thursday. There are no more extensions possible for this day.

Meph: Is there a day time extension if someone dies during the day for any reason whatsoever?

Nope.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 22, 2017, 11:16:13 am »

Lol, k, so would you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 22, 2017, 12:50:48 pm »

Maaan, I read that thing that DA wrote but it didn't click when I was wondering about most recent posts <_<
Now I'm doubtful--people seem to be poking attitude foremost; I'm unsure where a telepath can be fooled into a survive *solely by checking* (and there are various lists of possibilities) but DA is confirmed one (or may have fakeclaimed, but that's doubtful as he claimed something TIED TO TBF at the time it was presented). Cross-checking with the listed plans presented...I'm leaning onto the idea that Leafsnail isn't particularly the *best* choice presented; sure he may *feel* like a good choice but effectively, it's not the best with what resources we've got (It may help one's nerves, but in cognitive studies--this also includes one's own perspective into it, not just 'the other person acting as they are' :P)
PFP because wow I can't even post THIS MUCH TEXT as much as the above without the page flipping into error drive. :I
Thanks for the extension--will try posting more tomorrow.
Efficiently? The man is trying to do exactly what he always does as scum.

Leaf is the best lynch right now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 22, 2017, 01:04:39 pm »

Quite frankly, there's not enough information in the game to say the plan isn't going to work. Just as there's not enough information in the game to guarantee that it will. That's the biggest issue I have, essentially.

*shrug*

Unvote, byraway. Don't want to risk a tie, but I still think DA is the better lynch over Leafsnail at this point.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 22, 2017, 02:38:05 pm »

Look, I don't want this to stand out, but we really don't have infinite time.

There is no perfect plan here. Not doll's. Not Leaf's. Not mine.

But you know what's a really dumb plan? The waiting game. There are possibilities for Lylo now. Nobody can answer that question for perfection. Well, maybe a computer or something.

I have many answers, but not all of them.

But I do have this: There is only one way Town wins. We win by lynching scum. We have possibly one kill at our disposal. We don't have the luxury to sit and argue.

We all have our qualms. I am not going to promise a perfect solution, because I don't believe one exists.

Here's the real situation.

TDS confirmed hector13. If hector13 is scum, so is TDS. I cannot accept TDS as scum.

Tiruin is confirmed by general actions. I cannot accept that she's scum. Somehow Persus13 fits in here somewhere. I cannot accept he is scum.

Leafsnail is confirmed by DA. I can accept both of these as scum.

I do not believe doll is scum. This is personal sentiment.

I do not believe 4mask is scum. This is personal sentiment.

I am unsure of TBF.

I know for a fact I'm not scum.

The only scum in my eyes are Leaf and DA.

I don't expect you to believe my picks.

But you need to make up your mind.

We do not have the time to think over every possiblity.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 22, 2017, 02:42:50 pm »

But if you consider literally any other possibility other than 'DA plus Leafsnail' you would see that lynching me is a bad choice. Again, if DA flips scum I am happy to be killed as soon as possible.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 22, 2017, 02:56:24 pm »

But if you consider literally any other possibility other than 'DA plus Leafsnail' you would see that lynching me is a bad choice. Again, if DA flips scum I am happy to be killed as soon as possible.
But you wanted DA to survive for more results.

Logically, if YOU'RE scum, DA is for sure scum. If DA is scum, there is merely a significant chance you are scum.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 22, 2017, 03:40:24 pm »

Logically, if YOU'RE scum, DA is for sure scum. If DA is scum, there is merely a significant chance you are scum.
Correct! Now let's follow this thought to its conclusion.

There are 3 possibilities: a) Leafsnail and DA are scum, b) DA is scum but Leafsnail isn't and c) both are town.

If you lynch me you hit scum in scenario a) only.

If you lynch DA you still hit scum in scenario a) but ALSO in scenario b). So you're more likely to hit scum.

There's also a benefit in scenario c). If you lynch me you get no information on DA's alignment. Wheras if you lynch him you know his survive result on me was genuine.

Keeping DA alive has no value if you're going to ignore his survive results and lynch them anyway.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 22, 2017, 03:41:20 pm »

Ebwop: screwed up quote tags. To be clear to skim readers this is what I wrote.

Correct! Now let's follow this thought to its conclusion.

There are 3 possibilities: a) Leafsnail and DA are scum, b) DA is scum but Leafsnail isn't and c) both are town.

If you lynch me you hit scum in scenario a) only.

If you lynch DA you still hit scum in scenario a) but ALSO in scenario b). So you're more likely to hit scum.

There's also a benefit in scenario c). If you lynch me you get no information on DA's alignment. Wheras if you lynch him you know his survive result on me was genuine.

Keeping DA alive has no value if you're going to ignore his survive results and lynch them anyway.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 22, 2017, 04:38:22 pm »

K, Leaf, you're not seeing this at all. Let me explain simply.

You ARE scum. This significantly reduces a lot of issues with everything I have to think about. This is why it is easy. You seem to treat everyone as scum except Tiruin and DA.

But, more importantly, you have no role, so you're basically useless in plans anyhow. Unless you do have a role, in which case you're scum. It is significantly easier for you to be anything. So you should die first.

My guess is you're probably an Advanced Dopp, which is why the power level is like this. It makes plenty of sense (Essentially Kook Townie fakeclaim easy), but it doesn't really matter.

But if we lynch you, then it STILL tests DA. If you are a Double Mind Shield, then I don't care much. And we can get more results, just like you oh so wished for.

If you weren't so horribly suspicious, I wouldn't mind lynching DA. But you are, so feel free to die.

Does that make sense to you, Leaf?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 57