Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 57

Author Topic: Paranormal 25 - Game over! Town victory!  (Read 79610 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Day 3 brings no sign of Spring
« Reply #360 on: February 17, 2017, 08:49:05 am »

Sad... Dopps didn't like the Triad... but, y'all forgot thatTiruin and TBF are basically confirmed Town.

Also Shakerag, give me a sign that you're out there somewhere.
OK I'd bop that note on TBF being confirmed town because even before--I was still all flailing with RattyB probably being innocent probably and had visited IronyOwl before he posted--so unless he has disclosed information [don't unless needed], I'm doubtful in this same situation similarly. :P

That and considering your opinion, that makes 3 people I can mark off as 'okay'.
> Doll, webbywebs, TBF.

hector13
TheDarkStar
Persus13
Deus Asmoth
Leafsnail
4maskwolf

Which leaves a healthy group to pick from I:

PFP and hopefully a more stable internet tomorrow morning, hooray for Saturdays \o/

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 17, 2017, 08:58:38 am »

PFP

I wouldn't say that TBF and Tiruin are confirmed anything. They are almost certainly not dopps though.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 17, 2017, 09:30:39 am »

PFP

I wouldn't say that TBF and Tiruin are confirmed anything. They are almost certainly not dopps though.
Indeed.
And I'm an aliens with many tech powers that I hinted in my 'exterminator post'. :P

I wish though :I Because I got a choice between Mad Scientist picks or Investigative Scientist picks. That or anyone else could infer that I got nice alien tech stuff picks instead and had to assume several details AND TRUST DOLL regarding what had happened in Day2.

So since it is day 3, could we get at least more talk than we had in Day2? :P I do note that in the PM thingy I sent to y'all, there were some nice responses [it was divided between a PM to doll, 4mask and TBF, and the rest of you due to FORUM technical 10 person {9 with Meph in it} restrictions]

PFP!

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 17, 2017, 10:11:26 am »

Since borrowing someone else's activity is more useful than just waiting on mechanics related drama (re: TDS), I present to you a PM 4mask sent to Tiruin and myself in response to Tiruin's boilerplate PM. Tiruin can confirm the text of this - TBF can't since he was excluded from the mailing list by 4mask.

I'm going to remove Fish from my branch of the conversation chain because I find him, well, fishy, pardon the pun.  Back in my reads post I linked to this post of RattyB's and mentioned that they were buddying really hard with TBF, but I was willing to overlook it because Ratty is new.  However, then we get to RattyB's fakeclaim of reporter, where he said he watched TBF and TBF went nowhere.  TBF promptly denied that was accurate and voted for him, followed by Tiruin's revelation, blah blah blah.

Now, given the tone of RattyB's posts and the way they interacted with TBF, I'm not convinced TBF isn't just a scum who decided to cut their losses and not get caught up in a desperate scheme for survival by one of their allies.  RattyB's claim is really wonky for a variety of reasons, not the least of which because there are simpler and safer claims for a scum to make than reporter.  One of the simpler power role claims would have been agent with a human result on one of the non-scum, a claim that can't be dispproved without further information, since most aliens wouldn't claim to counter that claim and it would be a correct read on a townie.  To fakeclaim reporter, you have to know who targeted who or you're really, really playing with fire, and yet he, without hesitation, claimed reporter and specifically said he followed TBF.  The words at the end of his post were something along the lines of "can someone confirm this?  Please?" which is in and of itself a strange statement since there's no reason to believe that in the one night that someone used a role power on him that specifically proved or dispproved his claim.  So, in all likelihood, he was asking for confirmation from TBF himself: confirmation he had no reason to believe he was getting unless TBF was in communication with him and was on his side.  Since TBF himself stated that RattyB was lying, it is unlikely that the scum team actually had an investigator or reporter who targeted TBF and Ratty decided to use that information for his fakeclaim.

tl;dr: TBF and RattyB have some really strange interactions that make me wonder if TBF's counter of Ratty's claim wasn't a bus to try and disassociate themselves, since not countering his claim could have turned into both of them getting lynched if an outside source (as was the case here) presented additional information.

Why am I saying this?  Because on the off chance that I die in the night I'd like my suspicions to be known, and I'm willing to gamble that there's at least one other townie amongst you two, especially given your previous actions.

Also:
RattyB: While I'm sure you weren't planning on doing so, please don't guard me tonight.  My role isn't important enough to be worth protecting and it's unlikely that I've drawn the scum's attention enough for them to kill me anyway.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 17, 2017, 10:43:59 am »

That is actually a good point, and I am totally okay with excluding TBF and me from confirmed Town.

As long as you keep Tiruin and doll.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 17, 2017, 10:49:20 am »

I think we should maybe be a bit more guarded about Tiruin. She did out scum, but it's not a bad choice to bus the weakest scum player, is it?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 17, 2017, 11:22:41 am »

I think we should maybe be a bit more guarded about Tiruin. She did out scum, but it's not a bad choice to bus the weakest scum player, is it?
Hahahahahaha no.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 17, 2017, 12:38:11 pm »

Was that a
Hahahahahaha no.
of agreement or a
Hahahahahaha no.
of disagreement?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 17, 2017, 01:42:37 pm »

If Tiruin is actually scum then I'll eat a ghost chili pepper.  This is so far outside of her usual behavior as scum I have a hard time seeing her as scum, and unlike TBF there's no previous strange interactions between her and RattyB to make me suspicious.

I can confirm that I did indeed send that PM to doll and Tiruin (and Mephansteras, obviously), and will be starting off the day with a vote on TheBiggerFish.  There's enough strangeness there that not only can I not consider him confirmed non-dopp, he's the highest person on my scum list right now.

I also have nothing relevant to report night-action-wise.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 17, 2017, 01:49:26 pm »

I feel like the timing was off for a bus. If Tiruin and/or TBF did bus RattyB, you are going to have to explain why he/she chose early Day 2 to do it when no one (besides me) had voted for him. With TBF you are going to have to explain why TBF and/or RattyB would create a scenario that would force one of the two to be lynched.

Tiruin voted RattyB right out of the gate on Day 2 with her first post of the day, while asking him what he did last night.

I was next to vote RattyB with a question as to why he voted for fillipk.

TBF was the third person to vote RattyB. TBF has voted three times this entire game. All three votes were on RattyB. Two of those votes were from D2, one was before RattyB's claim of "reporter" and he also was voting for RattyB at the end of D1.

It isn't until after TBF votes RattyB that RattyB posts his reporter claim, and 10 minutes later TBF counters his claim. An hour later, Tiruin posts with her tracker results, and the RattyB vote train begins.

Meanwhile, RattyB voted three people, only one of whom (doll) is still alive. This is an indication towards doll being town.

TheDarkStar: Who do you think are the other two dopps? Why do you think I'm voting you?

Shorten. Well, RattyB being scum changes around my picks for scum.
May I ask who them picks are o_O
Right now I'm most suspicious of 4maskwolf, TDS, DA, and Leafsnail. I'll need to do some digging on them to be more sure of myself.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 17, 2017, 05:10:38 pm »

I dunno, man. 4mask is actually making a lot of sense, and the effort he went through during the Night and currently are enough for me to assume he's probably Town. His reasoning is sufficiently sound, so I can't really argue against what he's saying.

Lynching TBF may in fact be a good idea, but I won't support it just yet. I want to look to see who's still left that is possibly scum and work backwards from there.

I am reasonably suspicious of the lurkers and Leafsnail as well, but I can't bring myself to lynch Leaf, because he contributes too much right now. Woe is me.

So, it may boil down to DA or TBF, as I don't like their lack of commitment.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 17, 2017, 05:20:54 pm »

In the interest of giving TDS the opportunity to present himself the way he wants, I'll avoid commenting on players for whom my reads have been colored by his claim.
4maskwolf
You are correct that TBF played a consistent anti-town game during D1.
Is it your intent to use pressure to try and force out a claim (rfom TBF) during this D3?
Is TBF scummier than TDS (who asked for Leafsnail to out his night action)?
TBF
Other than nicely stepping in when your mechanical knowledge was contradicted  by seeming scum, you haven't contributed much.
On a mechanical note: will you be fullclaiming today, or does it not serve town's interests to have you do so?

Below is just mechanical speculation, more or less written for my benefit. I don't see any reason not to post it at this stage though.
Spoiler: WIFOM (click to show/hide)
PPE:
Leafsnail is embroiled in the TDS drama (due to TDS asking him what he did N1 during D2, and for no other reason than that that I am yet aware of) but, again, he hasn't done anything wrong yet so he's far from the player I want lynched.
DA has a lot of work to do to appear town, as in literally becoming more active. He's one of the players with absolutely no mechanical interaction with others that I am aware of, lurking is a strong accusation indeed in his case unless he can justify trying to avoid drawing suspicion.
As it stands my lynch pick is between TDS and TBF. Originally I preferred TDS due to his fishing question to Leafsnail D2, but any case on him I make is now based on mechanical speculation so either I'm definitely voting TDS or along TDS defined lines, or I'll try and lynch TBF for doing the least to help town.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 17, 2017, 05:23:56 pm »

I might fullclaim later, especially as it's highly likely that my role's effectively useless by now.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 17, 2017, 05:53:36 pm »

doll: You started the day off by mentioning that TDS roleclaimed to you, and have yourself repeatedly deferred judgement until TDS can present his claim himself.  Until I know TDS's role I'm going to do the same regarding his asking Leafsnail about their night actions, since it's likely that it was related to their role.

TheBiggerFish: Why wait?  If your role is useless now then why not give the town as much information as possible as early as possible?  If you're going to claim during a day why not claim as early as possible so that the town can make the most informed decisions?

Persus13: I have to leave for work now, but I'll summarize my response to your post: I think Tiruin is probably not scum, and in the scenario I'm concerned about the bus proper didn't start until RattyB made a fakeclaim he couldn't hope to maintain in the long term that would have drawn suspicion onto TBF had he gone along with it and it was proven to be false further down the line.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 17, 2017, 06:35:31 pm »

I agree that TBF's contradiction of RattyB doesn't clear him. If we look at it from the dopp's perspective, there was a player asking the person who made the mafiakill where they went last night. It's highly likely that player will die no matter what they claim, so they may have made up deliberately contradictory claims to give TBF the credit for the kill.

That said, I'm not reading TBF as scum. I agree that RattyB was buddying with TBF in #197, but buddying is something that mafia members do to townies to make them into "useful idiots" that will help them. There's no need to do that to someone who you know is on your team anyway, and that post actually strikes me as exactly the opposite of the way mafia members usually behave towards each other, which is minimal interaction. I don't think either player is experienced enough to deliberately subvert that expectation either. There's also another explanation that I can think of for RattyB's claim, which is that the scumteam had reason to believe that TBF did not act (due to another role on the team) but Ratty's specific claim was contradicted by TBF's role. We'll see if that idea can be right if TBF claims.

doll. I think your behaviour yesterday was suspicious.
My role isn't one which is particularly likely to draw a roleblock or nightkill, and it probably serves the town's interests if it does.
Do you honestly think this? If you successfully guess the nightkill the town is basically handed a member of the scumteam on a silver platter. Plus, it's one of the roles that's most likely to draw a kill since if the mafia goes after you there's no risk of them being outed by your action. To be fair, it is a pretty shitty role for a doppelganger to have. Is that why you were so blasé about revealing it to a random person on day one and the town on day two?

You seem to be pretty up on how mafia works, so I can't imagine you simply didn't realise the power of your role. I don't think your stated motive that you wanted to "apply pressure and justify a lynch if you [Tiruin] had nothing useful to share" remotely justifies fullclaiming as opposed to just saying who you visited. If you actually thought Tiruin was rolefishing scum (the explanation you provide in #350) you could've just said so and pushed a lynch without outing yourself.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 57