Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 57

Author Topic: Paranormal 25 - Game over! Town victory!  (Read 79467 times)

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Day 2 dawns bloody cold
« Reply #345 on: February 15, 2017, 12:50:38 am »

I'd take me a while to post something more substantial, so I suppose I'll prepare a sidebar response to explain my activity today during the night, just for the sake of clarity.
Tiruin
I asked you to tell me where to vote and you did.
unvote
Vote RattyB
Webadict is correct that I will not be outing his role at this time.
Shorten

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 15, 2017, 02:06:24 am »

So ... despite RattyB being blatant scum, we're all cool with just shortening the day instead of taking the available time to figure out who would be scum past RattyB?  I mean, I suppose that's one way of doing it, but it just seems awfully weird how everyone is just all "ehh, fuck it, shorten, we found scum, who cares about the other two?" 

y'all sunsabitches is confusing me. 

webbba:  Was leafsnail always such a see you next thursday?  It feels like he's riding my ass like a republican senator in an airport bathroom. 

tds:  you're all bluh bluh shakreag is going after less active players which is funny because that's what you are.  Maybe if you were less of a less active player I wouldn't think your' an asshole.  And scum.  Which are not necessarily mututally exclusive.  So,. i mean, which is it?  Scum wants to lurk to avoid attenton, but now you;re all like "blueh blueh, its scummy to focus on lurkers".  wtf.  And!  and!  furthermore, doll is likely town.  I think.  And if not, then fuck it, they might deserve a win for being so ballsy.  Even if they're coming across like a cocky asshole. 

leafnail
Shakerag: You seem to have triangulated to the strategy of exclusively going after lurkers who probably won't respond or newbies who won't respond well. How's that working out for you?

To be clear, you're still scum. Nothing about your play suggests scumhunting, everything about your play suggests trying to take the easy path to staying alive.
well it's not working terribly well because the assholes are not responding to my voting of them, good sir.   As to your secodn point, are you being serious with me?>  You really think nothing about my play suggests scumhunting?  Did I trigger your ewarning or something?  I mean, we've both been around the block a bit.  We both know the whole "prodding lurkers to avoid attentopn as scum" thing.  But you're doing to tell me with a straight face that you think that's all that I'm doing?  You're being kind of a shit, and I can't tell if you're just trung to be a try-hard toughass, or if you're scum trying to get rid of a potential threat. 

Tiruing[/b{ you never said what your tracker booped me as doing. 

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 15, 2017, 05:24:10 am »

So ... despite RattyB being blatant scum, we're all cool with just shortening the day instead of taking the available time to figure out who would be scum past RattyB?  I mean, I suppose that's one way of doing it, but it just seems awfully weird how everyone is just all "ehh, fuck it, shorten, we found scum, who cares about the other two?" 

You spoke my thoughts as if I had an inner American person in my mind :O

Tiruing[/b{ you never said what your tracker booped me as doing. 
I...sorta did :P Ok, not directly, but indirectly. (See: My read on you)
This is the part where I 'nodded' at doll's statement :O And why I adjusted him in my latest post--because it reflects exactly what I got on you.
...You gone nowhere O:

But I'm still curious as to why doll did what he did.

Quote from: doll link=topic=162468.msg7362785#msg7362785 date=1487137838
[b
Tiruin[/b]
I asked you to tell me where to vote and you did.
>_>
<.<
See, now this is where the wittiness gets me--I didn't get what you mean when I now get that you got that I got a something with what or how I did my vote I:
Hmff.

BUT, in the situation wherein Ratty isn't actually scum--denoting a three person team, we only have the grunt being taken here--but if non-scum, . . .I really can't find what can actually block the Tracking Device other than killing the person tracking. Anti-tech devices do inform me (ie I guess it'd let them go "Oh what's this on me, shoo whatever this is"), Alien stuffs don't seemingly affect me as I don't night action (Unless I'm scum--investigative tracking device scientists automatically spend the night not going out or stuff, due to automatically working on a new device), and I may be under the impression that the scumteam may have less communication than first out, and/or Ratty posted before checking if he is scum (which given NOBODY ELSE saying stuff about IO, seems statistically correct)
One reason I targeted Ratty was his inconspicuousness from D1 (Shakerag because he was :V. And that I had somewhat of a GOOD read on him but wanted to be sure. That's as far as the emoticon was concerned as I thought I could shift but then nope-day-action).
Also oppose shorten (Like wow is this weird that once 'at least two people say :I', then the shortening happens o_O)

That was what led me to lightly nudge doll or wubbywubs. I do feel like there's some bussing here given a rather transparent foundation of RattyB, so he can play a scapegoat for some folks around though.

Especially given the very...brevity-filled shorten train. This is strange. o_O
Also I may employ in the future a buddy-system of PMing so to ensure that my info is relayed to at least #_of_dopps left +2.
And I'm also partly wary given that this may be a test setup of roles (randomly given but yeah) given the tad bit of flavor I read in the OP.

I'll throw in a RattyB vote, obviously.  Things happened quickly while I was at work, but I'm not complaining because ya'll found scum.

Regarding things earlier: I have no relevant night action information to share.

Also, shorten.
What about relevant...other people action you'd like to pursue today :V

It's like man, everyone has a supercool role and can't wait for night I:

They do?
Yes. Every Extend removes a shorten--and if anyone cancels their extend/shorten, the remaining will still count as a vote either way. However one opposing an extend or shorten just detracts from the # given.

[...]
EBWOP:
Why did you visit Shakerag? Why did you think this information was useful to reveal to the town?
This can be disregarded, I missed the Tiruin post earlier.
Tiruin: Why did you feel you had to force a claim out of doll? Your read on him was not incriminating. At the very least you could have just asked him who he visited rather than what he did.
I...didn't, actually, aim to force a claim. I worded it in such a way because usually the way I've seen others answer that is to ask a following question in turn--my read on him was NOT incriminating until after he would've posted his answer (same with wubbydubs, but he somehow missed my post?). Said read was...pretty much after me and doll talked in those tiny walls of text there :O
And yes--'what he did' could be parsed both as who he visited or otherwise; I aimed to word it as a general question that would align with one's own perspective of thinking, meaning that when read by the person involved, they'd have their own idea of their own context instead of a pre-defined or leading one O:
Hence why I noted it earlier as an 'innocuous' question.

Shorten. Well, RattyB being scum changes around my picks for scum.
May I ask who them picks are o_O

shrug

Shorten is fine with me too.
May I ask your thoughts of essence for the day?

Also, see? Was that so tough, Tiruin? All I wanted was a little activity. Now we can go back to being nice to each other.

Or at least I can assume you're Town. You can assume whatever you like about me. But, I'll admit, I'm (mostly) harmless.
=I
I believe you but I am still stinging from the snark D:
But yeah--thoughts please! Alongside why the shorten with...lacking detail ahead? I mean before I caught up to Shakerag's post (right above mine), it struck me as...strange in a way to see people shorten all in the span of my workday. Or 8 hours. :P

[...]
If you want, you can bot me, but I'm just letting you know, there's a reason I've been stupidly aggressive this game, and the hint is I like my sleep at night. Or maybe I don't, and I'm a liar. Who knows?

Also, heads up, doll has claimed exactly what he claimed to me.

I refuse to claim other than the breadcrumb I've just given, but I only do so for the benefit of the Town. doll will confirm that it's best not to know these things.
Bot?
Also stupidly aggressive seems more snarky, and when I've noticed you're like that, it's usually out of good intent but with that mysteriousness I still fail to fathom I:

And then webadict was the hiveminds [/or some secret role left unnoted in the role list, or some really grumpy dude like a paranoid veteran; that'd be awesome though because I'll probably be the only person to be able to boop your nose]

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 15, 2017, 01:24:09 pm »

The Whiteboard
doll: RattyB
RattyB: 4maskwolf, Deus Asmoth, doll, hector13, Leafsnail, Persus13, TheBiggerFish, TheDarkStar, Tiruin, webadict
TheDarkStar: Shakerag

Day ends ~5pm Pacifc Today (~7 hours). There is one vote to Extend the day, five votes to Shorten, and one opposition to shortening. 3 Net votes would be needed to Extend, 7 net votes to Shorten. Extensions/Oppositions count against the votes to Shorten and vice versa.

Note: I'm going to be at a con from Thursday-Sunday and may not have access to a computer. So either N2 or D3 will likely be extended. We'll see.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 15, 2017, 02:35:07 pm »

This is the part where I 'nodded' at doll's statement :O And why I adjusted him in my latest post--because it reflects exactly what I got on you.
...You gone nowhere O:
I can confirm that this is correct.
Today is going about as well as I expected.
Tiruin thinks Americans are drunk, belligerent assholes.  Duly noted  >_>

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 15, 2017, 02:44:49 pm »

The town already know who they are going to lynch next: RattyB.
At this point, more information is useful only in determining night actions, since there will be a wealth of mechanical information created by the next morning.
Since scum are throwing around a kill while our kills is frozen on RattyB, reads on player's roles are of greater utility to scum than they are to the town.
In general, a naked daygame can generally be described as a big attempt at rolefishing. This is usually because the roles you really want to see get fished out are scum roles.
Right now, we cannot act on any information we get (except for those of us with night actions), and we cannot apply pressure on players to get that information.
This means that between having the same information be learned D3 instead of D2, D3 is better for town's interests. The exception is concrete, role related information which would also be useful to share, something which nobody seems to be carrying.

In other words, unless you've got something in particular to do, posting only gives reads and scum are in a better position to use those reads than we are.

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 15, 2017, 03:20:43 pm »

stuff
Alright, I suppose that makes sense.

un-extend
shorten

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 15, 2017, 05:43:08 pm »

6:31am, in which I'm pretty much 3 hours away and have mulled over the shorten (I'd redact my opposition but I won't shorten anyway :P Because...yeah, 3 hours. How many of you are awake at this time? I do not know, but all my buddies are asleep from Europe to Hawaii)

-snip-
O...kay. I can understand the reasoning here but...y'all could STILL be posting at each other y'know o_O I mean other than the night actions which I really can't infer from anyone (even mysterious noir webadict), talking doesn't give much tells in my viewpoint; nobody guessed my prowess until I worded my post as it was back there (in which one of my notes on doll was right; acute perception)

Although I still would like people speaking! It's...2 hours and 30 minutes left before Meph closes today! :I

Rescind opposition
...You gone nowhere O:
I can confirm that this is correct.
Today is going about as well as I expected.
Tiruin thinks Americans are drunk, belligerent assholes.  Duly noted  >_>
I c wat you did thar :P Transparent text ahoy!
But seriously--I never thought of you as a drunk and belligerent person, you're a lovely, grumpy, awesome person ^ ^
It's like that guy in a cowboy hat with a really nice accent that pronounces ae very well and goes y'all very nicely! :P That's how I picture you and most Americans (Yes, it's a thing, Filipinos love accents :V but in all seriousness I picture you all in a rather nicer or 'more realistic' idea than the stereotypes that may be inferred)

sneakeditbecauseoflag: I noticed I can actually shorten/'hammer' this o_O
Nah.[/SystemShock2Reference]

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 15, 2017, 06:23:36 pm »

I don't have anything to add. If I die, I die. I have left all contingency plans with doll, to be opened in case of death.

Shakerag, of course, also has a key.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 15, 2017, 09:13:48 pm »

The Whiteboard
doll: RattyB
RattyB: 4maskwolf, Deus Asmoth, doll, hector13, Leafsnail, Persus13, TheBiggerFish, TheDarkStar, Tiruin, webadict
TheDarkStar: Shakerag

doll picks up the shotgun and walks over to a cursing RattyB. "Well, looks like we've sussed you out dopp. Ready to meet your maker?"

"How about you meet yours?" snarls the Doppelganger Leader as his features melt away. He lunges forward at doll but catches a belly full of pellets and drops to the ground. "Damn...you...alll" he rasps in pain. Another shotgun blast to the back of the head finishes him off.

Cheers and applause erupt for a bit, but then you remember that two more of them lurk among you. You're not safe yet. Not safe at all.

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!  (Note that unless I can get everyone's actions in before 10am Pacific tomorrow we'll have to have a long night until I get back. Sorry about that, but I'll be out of town. )
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Night 2
« Reply #355 on: February 16, 2017, 11:10:50 pm »

The mood in the town hall is a bit lighter this morning. More hope. More speculation. And someone brought in coffee cake!

A pretty good start to the day...until you notice that Shakerag still hasn’t shown up yet.

With grim mutterings and a bit of a bad feeling about everything you head off to see what’s up.

At his house you pretty quickly figure out what happened. The back door has been forced open and the kitchen is splattered in coffee and blood. Someone has the presence of mind to turn off the coffee pot that is busily turning what remains into a hockey puck.

The monsters claimed another victim, clearly. A search of the house reveals an amulet with an image of the Triple Eye, a symbol a few of you recognize as being associated with Telepaths from that history channel show. Huh, well, no crazier than alien monsters.

In any event, you need to find two more of them. Time to get to work.

Day 3 has started! It will go until ~5pm Pacific Tuesday.

Note: I have Internet but won't be able to get on all that often. I will try to check in on the game and post at least once a day, but expect responses to questions to be slow.
Come play Mafia with us!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Day 3 brings no sign of Spring
« Reply #356 on: February 16, 2017, 11:37:53 pm »

Seriously?
Eat a bag of diiiiiiicks

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 17, 2017, 12:23:37 am »

I protected Tiruin and didn't see anything.
Apologies on abandoning you to your death, Shakes, but I couldn't leave the wine.

Tiruin
Tell us what you've learnt.

TheDarkStar
Why did you ask Leafsnail what he did night 1?

Note: I received a PM with a roleclaim from TDS during the night.
I'll give him a chance to speak before I comment further on it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 17, 2017, 06:10:47 am »

*Tiruin sees 11 replies to her messages :V [2 were non-Mafia {that is, FireEmblemOnForums}]

K, also Shakerag told me his role and stoof over PMs. We also discussed American accents (Sorry Meph, for your PMbox) :P

I couldn't have learned anything else other than Shakerag doing nothing at all :O [which is...I guess, what I learned].
That and I have another tracking device to boop someone! :D [This isn't a claim since it's validly inferred on the OP--although it is partly a claim since people can forget :^]

Now. Ideas.

Doll is pretty much town (in the least, believable that he isn't bussing until last resort suspicion). Webadict is non-dopp. Seeing the relationship between Shakeyrag, doll, webbywebwub, in prior days has me concluding that there's a non-malicious bonding between them--especially webby's latest post for some reason in mystery noir theme.

PFP because yaaaay innernets! :-X

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 17, 2017, 07:01:41 am »

Sad... Dopps didn't like the Triad... but, y'all forgot thatTiruin and TBF are basically confirmed Town.

Also Shakerag, give me a sign that you're out there somewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 57