Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 57

Author Topic: Paranormal 25 - Game over! Town victory!  (Read 79541 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Day 2 dawns bloody cold
« Reply #300 on: February 14, 2017, 08:32:20 am »

Question Paradrop time before I have to go away for another day because wowworkisfun and little breaks.
Also @Doll: The first bits of my post was towards the last sentence in that quote. I can't see sarcasm or otherwise easily D: so I treat mostly everything seriously! (The thought train was "...okay that last bit was o_O how can I wittingly respond to that" until I didn't because I thought it was rhetorical)

Wubawub: Back in D1, you made a nice note about me and my activity :O Alongside my query to you mentioned in my first post today--would you have acted otherwise if I had stayed silent? What about my activity-post had caused you to take initiative like that and what implications did you feel about it? Did you feel others were like what you had thought about me when you thought about me?

...Why on earth is the title still N1?

Alright, then.

Uhh...

Webadict:Knowing Tiruin's meta, and knowing we know Tiruin's meta, why are you tunneling on her inactivity alone?
Go fuck yourself. That's why. Want accompanying evidence?
I'll forward this curiosity then:
Am I a more reasonable person to mention than other people of relative activity and post content? Why highlight inactivity; what does that imply in my context for your goals?

Shakerag:
Tiruin:  I have to agree with webadict.  Putting out something, even if not complete, today would be much better than continuing to hold off.  And, you know, putting a vote on someone.
Yyeah >_> I...yeah.
In my defense, I shoved it all up PMs to Meph and deciding my action that way, see above on timezone shenanigans + otherwise but yeah <_< I can see how it may come off as rude in contrast to my early play.
But in summary: I wasn't going to vote anyone despite that promised-post having a list of reads. Said post was more 'continued querying' as I'm one who has the weight of their vote until after queries are satisfied, usually in how I write them rather than voting outright. (Said continued querying would have a general list of suspicious folks but no vote because of being undecided at that time)

No current queries at the moment.

TBF: I'll shift over most of the draft here--you're posting by phone and that may mostly be paragraphs written and typed as you go; while it may aid you due to convenience, it may be a hassle to deliver a summarized form of your thoughts as the game draws on unless there would be in general a train of thought. So have several tangents drawn from my notes and now:
 > Why are you concerned about me; does anything others have towards me, have something you find important on your part?
 > How do you think about webadict's statements in response to yours, or otherwise statements that aren't direct in answering your ideas?
 > Other than me, back here, was there anyone else in your mind this D2 start?

4mask
Not to speak for doll but I agree with what he says back there regarding wubbywubs~ ♥
And that's moreso as a player rather than in-game stuff.
4maskwolf[...]
I am going to be honest that I want you to stop antagonizing a player who, even in this game alone, has a history of responding aggressively and unhelpfully to unconscionably poor town games and meta shit-stirring like you are engaging in.
If you are going to attack a player, explain why you think they are scum, then proceed.[...]
Otherwise, I'd like to ask you how do you judge people by their behavior and attitude in relation to alignment feelings.
Next:
To clarify: I've run my head against the Tiruin brick wall before to absolutely no effect.  She can be the primary lynch candidate and she'll still make maybe one post in the entire day to save her life, plus two more promising content tomorrow.  Be my guest to try and guilt her or threaten her into posting, but there's also other things you could be doing with your time that would be more productive.
Seriously? :P Dude, that was one game! This feels more humorous but now you got me curious.
Do you really believe this? And: What can you observe about me regarding my post timing/style/and content towards pressure? And is this most of what you've to say towards this 'inactivity prodding' towards me? I expected something else but :o

Tiruin: How many scum were on the fillipk lynch?
At least one. :v [/Quite]
Why /and what are you concerned about towards people reacting to my D1 behavior?

As an aside on inactivity divergence, I was idly wondering if anyone other than IO saw and thought about this :P

More to come probably in my lunch break tomorrow!

PPEx2 :I
TheBiggerFish: So after all that happened yesterday, the most pressing things you had to say today were a comment about the title and jumping in on a topic 4maskwolf already was handling?
...Pretty much, yes?  Though as I said, it didn't look anything like 4mask was actually doing anything about the question I asked when I asked it, if you actually read the thing.  I'm still waiting on an answer to that, and my question to RattyB from yesterday.
...Pretty much?

Are you concerned more towards how people act in the current time towards other people, or on what you observed about other people by themselves individually?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 14, 2017, 08:59:18 am »

Of course this snippet gets lost when I read back and thought I ctrl a'd and v'd it in :I

doll: Could I ask why there's a leap of conclusion on noting down your claim, and then noting me? There's a lot going on there that was founded on inference, but much is not applicable--there are parts which somehow speak for others instead of 'of yourself to others'

RattyB: Could I ask what you did last night and why?
The same follows with doll and wubbydubs {Also Happy Valentine's Day :D}
Since you're forcing the issue by asking RattyB (who'd probably fullclaim at the drop of a hat if he's town) I'll do the same and force the issue by publicly fullclaiming. Unless you can very well justify why you are asking this and find us some scum or otherwise help the town by forcing out mechanical information, you are my lynch target today (unless, of course, I change my mind).
I am an observant guard.
Night 1 I visited Shakerag. I did this because in the lucky event that I died, I think either he or IronyOwl would have been the most reliable individuals to 'lead the town' as it were, or at least negotiate the morass of anti-town activity, webadict shenanigans, and regular players like Leafsnail and DA and successfully use whatever information I pass on. Between the two of them, I had a stronger read on Shakerag as town (as opposed to Irony, who was largely an unknown).
Nothing happed during the night that I was made aware of. I was not roleblocked or redirected or otherwise interfered with in any way that I could see.
While I may add for player tips that to let others speak is better than putting in what you feel may be best at the moment (given that there's more time later on with more content), there's...the presence of leading ideas present.

Towards quite maybe an innocuous or maybe even latent (presuming the orange bits) move by me. That felt like a lot assumed without query. It's a mindset of templated reasoning--and it comes off as if you're speaking for Ratty or the likely probable path to take in public.

Unless you can very well justify why you are asking this and find us some scum or otherwise help the town by forcing out mechanical information, you are my lynch target today (unless, of course, I change my mind).
This is implied by how I said it, yes. :P But that is quite an ultimatum way of saying it. What signifies me as a lynch target based on what or how I said that out of who else you have noted down?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 14, 2017, 09:23:22 am »

@Tiruin:
> Why are you concerned about me; does anything others have towards me, have something you find important on your part?
 > How do you think about webadict's statements in response to yours, or otherwise statements that aren't direct in answering your ideas?
Huh?  I'm not concerned about you so much as I'm wondering why others are when you're, you know, behaving normally.
Eh?  I don't really understand the question you're asking.  Specific statements you're talking about would be nice.
You weren't really on my mind, I was more concerned about webadict.  It seems like he could be scum angling for an easy lynch.

Tiruin: You said you acted last night, I believe.  What did you do?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 14, 2017, 10:08:58 am »

TheBiggerFish:
I'm still waiting on an answer to that, and my question to RattyB from yesterday.
Oh, well, since you're waiting on an answer to questions from two players I can see why you couldn't possibly engage the other 9 players in the game in the meantime. 
Wait, no I can't. 

doll: Did you tell webadict what to do with his night action last night?  Following up, why did you feel the need to claim to Tiruin? 

Persus13: How likely do you think it is that doll is telling the truth about his role?

Tiruin: Do you really think it was wise to ask three players to essentially fullclaim on D2? 

For the record, I received no notification of actions performed on me last night.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 14, 2017, 10:10:06 am »

Shakerag:Did you not read the previous post?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 14, 2017, 10:18:53 am »

The Whiteboard
RattyB: Tiruin
TheBiggerFish: Deus Asmoth
TheDarkStar: Shakerag
Tiruin: doll
webadict: webadict

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 14, 2017, 10:48:30 am »

@Tiruin:
Huh?  I'm not concerned about you so much as I'm wondering why others are when you're, you know, behaving normally.
Eh?  I don't really understand the question you're asking.  Specific statements you're talking about would be nice.
You weren't really on my mind, I was more concerned about webadict.  It seems like he could be scum angling for an easy lynch.

Tiruin: You said you acted last night, I believe.  What did you do?
TheBiggerFish.

Seriously, this is unbelievable. I clearly wasn't paying attention when people said you were being unhelpful.

I have limited time, and I'll get back to it, but you are playing so badly right now, and I can't tell if it's negligent or braindead.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Night 1
« Reply #307 on: February 14, 2017, 01:03:28 pm »

DA

hector: I'm leaning scum on him at the moment over his interaction with me towards the end of D1. I mentioned the possibility that TBF was third party rather than scum, which hector took as meaning that I didn't think he was a third party, not scum. Fine, I clarify and say that I think that it's possible that he's not scum, but certainly isn't town-oriented. Hector asks why I'm focusing on third parties. Feels like some pretty weird misunderstanding at best, and blatant misconstruction at worst.

Spoiler: Relevant quote (click to show/hide)

Just for clarity's sake, your response to that question you broke off at the end, there: (I wonder why...)

hector: I didn't say that I think TBF is more likely to be a third party than scum. I still think scum is the most likely option, but if I'm wrong about that he's almost certainly third party.

If he happens to flip town, the town won't be better off, clearly.

Anyway, cynical!hector would think that you're twisting an argument to suit your read, in both cases.

That's an interesting way to put things, seeing as you were the one to bring up the issue of TPs on D1 in regards to your vote. You said if TBF wasn't scum, he was a TP, which - as implied by my questions - struck me as an odd thing to be worrying about for town on D1. It doesn't even look like you considered the possibility of him being incompetent town.

Certainly, there were a number of players on D1 who could fit the bill of not having the town's best interests at heart. TDS posted a handful of times, Tiruin promised a reads list before day end that never came, I tunneled on TBF for ~30 hours, IronyOwl was voting for themselves at the end of the day; the list goes on.

Why did TBF deserve to be voted over these other players on the terms you settled on?

TBF

I take it you no longer feel RattyB is scum?

doll

"Brevity" should be your watchword.

This is a severely overpopulated Day 2.

What do you think that means?

Tiruin
Your broken promise has created a bottomless pool of misgivings casting doubt on any justification you might give for behavior on Day 1.
This pool has already swallowed up your Day 1 reads, as well as any earlier reads from Day 1 you might have had, as well as your opportunity for activity during Day 1.
Please post something useful.

A lot of this seems to be based around Tiruin saying she doesn't have much time, which I find to be a tremendously unfair argument. How is she going to prove that she's busy? Photograph paystubs and timesheets? A signed affidavit from her employer and any person she was with?

Then you assume that all the time she has is going to be put toward mafia, as opposed to working. Or sleeping. Or eating. What are you trying to prove with these points?

The biggest issue you should have here is that she promised something that didn't materialise. Why not focus on that, as opposed to trying to be Magnanimous PI and all but outright state she's lying about being busy?

Then we get this, amidst another post of your's decrying Tiruin's busyness:

Tiruin
I don't want to lynch you since it sounds like the alternative is you making a huge contribution to the game, but maybe that's just my imagination. Like TDS and RattyB and TBF you're an easy lynch right now, and killing you tells me nothing and helps maybe not at all, but at the same time it also in no way helps that you are alive. Unlike the others, you've drawn attention to yourself, so you've got me as your captive audience, and my attention means my vote.
Explain to me where I should be putting it.

So... d'ya think pressure votes are at all useful when you say they're pressure votes?

- basically, 4mask is shit -

In other words, I appreciate your activity and hope that you continue to post.

Something of a dichotomy, there.

You spent some of your time essentially saying 4mask's D1 play was shite, and then say nice things about his activity.

cynical!hector rears his head again, and thinks that you're thinking of setting 4mask up if you can't find another easy lynch today.

I think doll is definitely scum, but i don't know yet if webadict is on doll's side intentionally, or because he was fooled.
I don't want to justify this with a response but since I'm going to need your vote later in the game (since no scum in their right minds are going to kill a player like you), why do you think I'm scum and why aren't you voting me?

I guess I've got to write about hector, TDS and TBF some more, but before I do so, I have general questions for the town:
Since there may be a hivemind, how should we modify our behavior to play around that (if we are to do so)?

There's multiple reasons why there was only one NK. Why does this one strike you as a) the most likely scenario and b) the one we should worry about?

I am an observant guard.
Night 1 I visited Shakerag. I did this because in the lucky event that I died, I think either he or IronyOwl would have been the most reliable individuals to 'lead the town' as it were, or at least negotiate the morass of anti-town activity, webadict shenanigans, and regular players like Leafsnail and DA and successfully use whatever information I pass on. Between the two of them, I had a stronger read on Shakerag as town (as opposed to Irony, who was largely an unknown).
Nothing happed during the night that I was made aware of. I was not roleblocked or redirected or otherwise interfered with in any way that I could see.

Rightio, then. Given what can only be described as you fucking about with claims on D1, do you think we should believe any claim you make at any point during the rest of this game?

Tiruin

So I've a written list of reeds (Tiruin does Papyrus making) from this point but wish to hear a response from the people mentioned in post ^.

I can PM the list to those curious :O

Why not post them publicly? I mean you could've spent the time you weren't posting here making up several reads lists to PM to different folks, given that in the later game people are going to be reading other people based on their reads as much as anything else.

Seems like an effort to obfuscate rather than help.

And yes, I didn't vote. While I agree that that may mean something significant--contextually, it's not significant enough to rely only on abstracted statistics and validate it as the measure of the Town. While a vote is considerably of Town-side-usage, it's also in the context and content of how one makes their vote; like if to consider the content you have had lately, it's...believable. Pointy, and somewhat overly direct, but believable to see your gestures and addresses to others.

Well if you're gonna say that, there's nothing really to stop us saying "well the lack of a vote leaves a vacuum to be filled with conjecture until it can be filled with something more substantial, which won't happen if you don't vote and provide your own context."

There's the maxim (I have a lot of those for mafia) that as town, your vote is your voice. It is often the only weapon they have against the scum, so why wouldn't you use it?

You haven't been particularly active, so people find it hard to read you.

You didn't vote on D1, so people can't draw (solid) conclusions from that.

You're hiding your reads list behind a PM so people can't read you relative to what you think of other players.

What are we s'posed to do with you, then?

Spoiler-related-importance, this is my feeling towards you and webadict.
I am intrigued.

What's gonna get done about the intrigued feelings?

Gonna have to piggyback DA's attribution that you're play has been quite reactive, making it seem as though you're not all that interested in generating content, and trying to placate folk whenever they do interact with you.

Shakerag

TheDarkStar: If you weren't lurking scum, who would you have voted for D1 and why?

Reasonable question I want to see answered, but considering the spate of inactivity we're having, is lurking something you think is exclusive to scum?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 14, 2017, 01:09:13 pm »

@hector13:RattyB hasn't said anything significantly scummy yet today, though his past behavior is...Worrisome.  I'm going to give him a chance to actually talk before I vote him again.
Sigtext

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 14, 2017, 01:34:03 pm »

@doll: This isn't really scumhunting related, but I'm really getting sick of your tone and I imagine a lot of other players are too. You pushed through the worst possible lynch yesterday. Stop acting like you're god's gift to mafia and talking down to everyone. Stop bullying players who don't have the time or inclination to write as many words as you do in this game. webadict should also stop encouraging him.

Even if you continue to believe you're better than everyone else I'd like you to at least realize that acting in that way makes everyone get tired of you and the game and thus encourages inactivity.
Leafsnail:  Are you concerned that your "lynch all liars" policy would potentially catch a town power role trying to hide from the scumteam?
No.
Based on my reads, not answering my questions, and that most of his (at least recent) content is "why I'm not scum", I'm going to vote for fillipk.
Why is posting about how you're not scum a reason to vote someone? Townies have as much reason to do it as mafia if they're under suspicion.
I am an observant guard
For those who missed it in the above.
This is not a call to massclaim.
Do not claim unless it actually serves your (town's) agenda to do so.

I visited Shakerag night 1, and was not interfered with to my knowledge
Why did you visit Shakerag? Why did you think this information was useful to reveal to the town?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 14, 2017, 01:53:38 pm »

Shakerag: You seem to have triangulated to the strategy of exclusively going after lurkers who probably won't respond or newbies who won't respond well. How's that working out for you?

To be clear, you're still scum. Nothing about your play suggests scumhunting, everything about your play suggests trying to take the easy path to staying alive.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 14, 2017, 03:15:16 pm »

Damn, everyone is wall of texting today.

IronyOwl was voting for themselves at the end of the day
Nope, they were voting TDS.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 14, 2017, 03:16:01 pm »

Also I have a post of my own coming, but I have a lot of text to sift through.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 14, 2017, 03:53:44 pm »

Alright, I'll post.

First off, if I had gotten around to it I would have voted for hector13 yesterday. doll seemed like he was a survivor and hector13/wuba seemed really reluctant to lynch him and that seemed odd.

Anyway, so currently it looks like doll and shakerag are going after less active players, which is commendable in terms of increasing activity but scummy if they don't go after active players too. Basically, shakerag and doll are activelurking and making it look like scumhunting.

Also:

Leafsnail: What did you do last night?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 14, 2017, 04:17:01 pm »

Sorry for not posting before Day 1 ended, I'm super busy midweek, especially last week, and then I got sick. My goal has been to get in a least one good post a day, but I wasn't able to do that last week. I don't know if I'll ever get to comment on Day 1's end.

Why are people rolefishing so blatantly?

Webadict
-Insert random bullshit here-
Oh don't even start.  Your posts today have been a) talking to a dead guy and b) making a useless comment about Tiruin's posting patterns that only serves to make it clear you haven't been here in a while, because she _always_ plays like this.  With the exception of my question to you, I'm actually trying to get reactions from people and see what people think, which is, if nothing else, a good start to discussion.
Good start. 3 RVS questions. Glad you didn't start Yesterday. Because there's NO WAY you couldn't get these answers then. Thanks.
I didn't know who was scummy at the start yesterday. Tiruin couldn't make conclusions about a lynch yesterday. 4maskwolf didn't know you'd be useless D2 yesterday. 4maskwolf is asking good questions and you're shitposting and claiming its content and his posts are not. So who's your scumpick today?

RattyB: Why did you vote fillipk yesterday?
I think doll is definitely scum, but i don't know yet if webadict is on doll's side intentionally, or because he was fooled.
We can't read your mind. You need to tell us more than one sentence. You are a player in this game, not some impartial observer. Play.

TheBiggerFish: Who would you vote this second?

4maskwolf:
Persus13: Who's the scummiest player here?
I really don't like how webadict started off the day. It feels like he thought "I scum player would be apologetic and remorseful, so I should be the exact opposite." Plus the fact that his first few contributions were attacking a dead player, attacking Tiruin for poor internet, and you for trying to start conversations, means he's feeling pretty off to me. Since then he basically voted TBF right after he said he was suspicious of webadict. He's probably posted the most often today, but the least amount of actual worthwhile content.

As of day end, the vote count looked like this:
The Whiteboard
fillipk: doll, hector13, Leafsnail, RattyB, Shakerag, webadict
hector13: fillipk, Persus13
Persus13: 4maskwolf
RattyB: TheBiggerFish
TheBiggerFish: Deus Asmoth
TheDarkStar: IronyOwl
6 people voted for fillipk, that's almost half of us! So I think it's likely at least one scum player was on the lynch. Webadict and doll seem to have fairly similar cases against fillipk, while hector13 gives his own twist to it, and Leafsnail had a separate case. Shakerag gives one sentence of justification, and RattyB just didn't. Of those players, I'm a little suspicious of hector13 and Shakerag because they joined the wagon fairly late in the day, and RattyB needs to explain himself further.

Unfortunately there's some dark spots in this assessment. I need to read back on DA, for instance, because he's been really good at avoiding the spotlight without being inactive (as have you), which always gets me worried. TDS has also been surprisingly quiet.

Doll:
As long as it is, I'm not doing any actual hunting in this post because I know that we're going to (or should be going to) lynch someone based on either inactivity (or unactivity, if it's TBF) or useful mechanical information will turn up and become the focus of the day.
Why should lynching someone for inactivity be something we should do today? I see plenty of material to scour through from yesterday.

Lots more actually.
Actually a great deal more, considering the restricted timescale she was claiming to have.
Surprisingly fast too.
Let's talk time for a moment:

Tiruin posted 128 of her own words, with formatting, and split up webadict's post and cut out the fakequote etc. four minutes and eighteen seconds after webadict posted.
Based on the quote below, she did this in addition to either reading two pages of mafia and catching up, or actively monitoring the thread without even bothering to read it.
I have another two pages to catch up on due to work related busyness

Now, that's hardly to be expected from a player who had spent the previous 23 hours working on a post (offline or otherwise)  which she ended up throwing literally more than 48 hours of her hunting time into, and which she never posted.
"she's a good enough player that this is questionable" makes no sense. How does "being a good mafia player" mean that someone suddenly becomes incompetent at posting when they're scum? That's what you appear to be arguing and it makes no sense. Also, formatting posts is pretty easy if you're not on a phone, its writing that's the tough part (at least for me). I understand being annoyed at TIruin for lack of content, because I've been there, but Tiruin isn't your standard mafia player and plays very differently, in addition to having terrible internet and easily misunderstanding when the day ends because of time zones.

Shakerag:
Persus13: How likely do you think it is that doll is telling the truth about his role?
Observant guard is alignment neutral, and is a mediocre role, so its more believable then his other ones. Depends on how webadict responds though. I doubt webadict will counterclaim it, but that just means he's being consistent. 50/50 odds?

Tiruin: Why did you ask doll and webadict to claim their roles?
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 57