Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57

Author Topic: Paranormal 25 - Game over! Town victory!  (Read 79523 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Day 1 - Horror comes with the tides
« Reply #270 on: February 10, 2017, 07:19:39 pm »

4mask:
IronyOwl: You're voting for yourself right now due to dicking around in a response to Ratty.  Since I'm sure you don't want to end the day with that vote, who do you think is most deserving of it?
Probably fillipk for admittedly weird and panicky behavior, followed by voting a claimed Kook (the fact that we have two casts some doubt, but I imagine secondclaiming it is the ballsier move as scum) for really, really tepid reasons. TheDarkStar and Tiruin could use a prod for lurking, though obviously a vote at this point is going to be purely symbolic.

TheDarkStar: You know, fillipk has a case I can say is self-serving and tissue-thin. TheBiggerFish has activity I can claim has all the nutritional value of Fine Alpine Hand-Bottled Artisan Air. RattyB has shown himself enough for me to think he's a little twitchy. Tiruin's complained enough for me to note that she's vanished.
Wait wait wait, hold on a second.  You're choosing to go for a purely symbolic vote one and a half hours before day ends, despite even acknowledging it as such, and pointing out there's a case against fillipk?

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 10, 2017, 07:24:23 pm »

What you did was weird in that it actively cast Tiruin as evil.
Failing to provide any information to the town, while still appearing active by posting, is evil.
It's definitively more conspicuous than a simple absence like persus or DA, anyhow.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 10, 2017, 07:54:15 pm »

Wait wait wait, hold on a second.  You're choosing to go for a purely symbolic vote one and a half hours before day ends, despite even acknowledging it as such, and pointing out there's a case against fillipk?
fillipk's already guaranteed to hang, so yes.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 10, 2017, 08:14:06 pm »

The Whiteboard
fillipk: doll, hector13, Leafsnail, RattyB, Shakerag, webadict
hector13: fillipk, Persus13
Persus13: 4maskwolf
RattyB: TheBiggerFish
TheBiggerFish: Deus Asmoth
TheDarkStar: IronyOwl

You all look up at the tally on the Whiteboard in the town hall, and as the sun begins to set you all know what needs to happen.

fillipk Looks back and forth between you. "Hey...hey, no. Let's not do anything rash."

Shakerag picks up the shotgun that you'd agreed to use to take out suspected Doppelgangers. "Now, you know what we have to do. Anyone could be one o'them dopps. We think you're probably one."

"No! No, I'm not." fillipk puts his hands in his jacket and pulls out his wallet. "Look! I'm a Federal Agent! I'm here to help you find the aliens!" His wallet flips open to reveal a badge.

"So it was you!" screams Shakerag. "You brought them here, didn't you! Damn government doppelgangers!" The shotgun blast deafens everyone nearby and blood splatters the wall behind fillipk as he sinks to the ground with a shocked expression on his face.

You all wait a bit, like you're supposed it, to see him turn back into a doppelganger. He never does, though. Looks like you killed off a human agent after all. Not a good start. Shakerag silently puts the shotgun back down on the table, averting his eyes from the body.

Despondent, you head back to your homes. No one wants to be out at dark with the monsters on the loose.

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Night 1
« Reply #274 on: February 13, 2017, 06:57:50 pm »

A cold wind blows in off the waters as you head off to the Town Hall.

Once there you mingle a little bit, cold and distrusting of one another, but there isn’t much to do until everyone gets there.

Finally, everyone but IronyOwl has arrived. Probably not a good sign. He’s probably been eaten. But you should check.

Tromping through the snow you come across his house. The door is locked, but a walk around the house reveals a smashed in window and bloody snow. Lots of it. And a trail of blood that leads to the road but is soon lost.

He’s certainly been killed and eaten by the monsters, everyone is positive of that. You decide to check out his house, see what he was up to.

After breaking in you don’t discover much. A few scrawled notes about the lynching yesterday, but nothing he hadn’t already said.

What is interesting is some books on Enchanting and how to sway others to do what you want and see your point of view. You’d be madder about him manipulating you, but it’s not like fillipk’s death was his fault.

Frustrated and frankly a bit creeped out, you all head back to the Town Hall to get on with the nasty business of the day. 

Day 2 has started! It will go until ~5pm Pacific Wednesday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 13, 2017, 07:04:48 pm »

Hopefully, that teaches you not to play like you're the only person, fillipk.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 13, 2017, 07:06:28 pm »

And let's see if Tiruin finally posts today, because she didn't yesterday (Weird.)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 13, 2017, 07:16:59 pm »

I actually don't understand this.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 13, 2017, 07:20:25 pm »

Less noise from both members of the peanut gallery would be nice.

doll: why did you kill IronyOwl?
Tiruin: How many scum were on the fillipk lynch?
Persus13: Who's the scummiest player here?
webadict: Are you going to be more useful than your first couple posts indicated?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 13, 2017, 07:39:03 pm »

I actually don't understand this.
You wanted to withhold information and verify it yourself at night. As an Agent, you were trying to play like you were the only member of the Town. Instead, you should've given the information that doll gave to you, so that we could lynch him. You never take anyone's word for anything. Not doll's. Not mine. Not anyone's. Maybe Meph's, but only because he's the mod.

Because of how you reacted to it ("Yes, I will believe your claim of being a Survivor explicitly, and I won't tell the Town" on Day 1?), you set yourself up to be lynched. I'm letting you know that because you can't play a Cop (or Agent) like that if you want to live, weirdly enough.

webadict: Are you going to be more useful than your first couple posts indicated?
Haha, alright. My bad. I shouldn't be like that. I should instead try to be apologetic for lynching Town, or graciously accepting that Tiruin wasn't going to post, just like I said she wasn't. My bad~~~~ Let me ignore the flaws. Let me ignore everything.

Wow, this game is so easy when your brain liquifies.

Is this how I should talk?

Let's all be friends. Let me just apply this olive oil over my skin. Come on, everyone! That way, when we're all eaten by Doppelgangers, we'll taste better. I mean, we've got all this information we could apply to our situation, and we could force people to post, but why would we do that? Then people might feel bad because they found themselves in an unfortunate position, like not having adequate answers to questions.

Better yet, let's all suck lemons. Because that way, I can taste bitter defeat.

Want me to continue? Because I thought RVS ended yesterday. I'm being just as productive as you.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 13, 2017, 07:42:16 pm »

-Insert random bullshit here-
Oh don't even start.  Your posts today have been a) talking to a dead guy and b) making a useless comment about Tiruin's posting patterns that only serves to make it clear you haven't been here in a while, because she _always_ plays like this.  With the exception of my question to you, I'm actually trying to get reactions from people and see what people think, which is, if nothing else, a good start to discussion.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 13, 2017, 07:45:17 pm »

To clarify: I've run my head against the Tiruin brick wall before to absolutely no effect.  She can be the primary lynch candidate and she'll still make maybe one post in the entire day to save her life, plus two more promising content tomorrow.  Be my guest to try and guilt her or threaten her into posting, but there's also other things you could be doing with your time that would be more productive.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 13, 2017, 08:06:32 pm »

...Why on earth is the title still N1?

Alright, then.

Uhh...

Webadict:Knowing Tiruin's meta, and knowing we know Tiruin's meta, why are you tunneling on her inactivity alone?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 13, 2017, 08:08:33 pm »

-Insert random bullshit here-
Oh don't even start.  Your posts today have been a) talking to a dead guy and b) making a useless comment about Tiruin's posting patterns that only serves to make it clear you haven't been here in a while, because she _always_ plays like this.  With the exception of my question to you, I'm actually trying to get reactions from people and see what people think, which is, if nothing else, a good start to discussion.
Good start. 3 RVS questions. Glad you didn't start Yesterday. Because there's NO WAY you couldn't get these answers then. Thanks.

Hey guys, let's replay Yesterday. Since we're gonna learn nothing from what we just did, let's lynch another Townie. Might as well start with me. Webadict.

Oh, and since it's still RVS, Webadict, why did you trick question it was a palm tree. Never saw it coming.

Look at me, I'm useless. Or am I just wearing a 4mask?

To clarify: I've run my head against the Tiruin brick wall before to absolutely no effect.  She can be the primary lynch candidate and she'll still make maybe one post in the entire day to save her life, plus two more promising content tomorrow.  Be my guest to try and guilt her or threaten her into posting, but there's also other things you could be doing with your time that would be more productive.
Can and will. Thanks for the motivation. I didn't need it, but thanks anyway. If she's really Town, then she wouldn't want me to waste votes on her, now would she?

K, let's start, seeing as how we've got verifiably Townie information, you moron:

Why don't you finish your post about me and Dues from Post #241?

Or maybe you should tell me what IronyOwl really felt about TheDarkStar in Post #269?

...Why on earth is the title still N1?

Alright, then.

Uhh...

Webadict:Knowing Tiruin's meta, and knowing we know Tiruin's meta, why are you tunneling on her inactivity alone?
Go fuck yourself. That's why. Want accompanying evidence?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 13, 2017, 08:15:05 pm »

Already did finish those reads here, your inability to find them isn't my problem.

I must admit I'd hoped for more from someone famed as "the best mafia player on the boards" than a raging incompetent who spends most of his time trying to act mysterious.

Now, on to other matters.

TheBiggerFish: I was already poking Webadict about that, why did you feel the need to chime in?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57