Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 57

Author Topic: Paranormal 25 - Game over! Town victory!  (Read 79569 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Day 1 - Horror comes with the tides
« Reply #135 on: February 07, 2017, 02:45:29 pm »

@doll: Because there's nothing to crack.

Sure, I'll ask it again.

doll: Why have you been asking (everyone but Tiruin, apparently) questions via PM?

@doll: Because I don't know, and misinformation doesn't help town in that sort of thing.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 07, 2017, 02:47:01 pm »

Because DA said I wasn't asking questions.

doll:What makes you think I'm cracking exactly?

@doll:Because I'm waiting for you to answer it.  Why aren't you going to answer it?

@doll again:I don't, no.  I'm not good at this whole "judging people by gut feeling" thing.  Most of the people I haven't had significant time to engage with are pretty much shapeless grey masses of unknown at this point.

@hector: Well I could copypaste a bunch of PMs, but that's a real pain in the arse, so yeah.

Step 1 - open PMs and the game thread in separate tabs

Step 2 - quote PMs, select all

Step 3 - copy PM

Step 4 - paste PM in game thread

Step 5 - ???

Step 6 - profitbably don't get lynched for being useless.

doll: what makes you think what you're doing is reducing the quality information presently in the game, when nobody knows what your role is anyway?

how do you think the scum/anti-town third-parties?

how do you think town will respond?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 07, 2017, 02:47:24 pm »

TheBiggerFish:
@Shakerag: Poorly.
What in the hell is this even a reference to?

And you still have an outstanding question from me.

Leafsnail:
As far as I'm concerned town shouldn't lie because it fucks up the chain of logic that's crucial for catching scum in this game. So if you get caught in a lie you're scum and I'm voting for you. Consider yourselves warned, wannabe gambit masters.
Interesting you should say that.  doll PMd me asking me to fakeclaim something in the thread.  Given that you have made your position on lying townies very clear leading up to this game...  I think you can see where I'm going with this.  A stretch?  Maybe.  But not impossible.

doll:
shitposting
Cute.  Get lynched, anti-town.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 07, 2017, 03:05:11 pm »

So much hostility.

Sheesh, I don't actually want doll lynched. I'd rather lynch hector13. Or fillipk. Probs both.

Doll's still getting used to having marionette control on the game. I have practiced my webweaving much more, so we'll see how it goes.

Oh and TBF, I answered your question.

I'll answer a few more later.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 07, 2017, 03:12:45 pm »

Hector13
Presently you're not doing anything to convince me you're town. The fact you started posting a shit-ton only after you were voted does not help that.
To be fair, a serious vote tends to be a powerful motivator for someone to produce content D1, because its hard to care when the main content is "What would you do if X?" questions. What have you done this game besides getting on TBF's case for PFPing? Who do you want to interact with more today?

TBF:
If you're to lazy to give quotes, give post numbers. Sure, the person asking the question might remember the question, but I can't be bothered to look up something IronyOwl said 3 pages ago. Also quotes are fiddly, sure. Its taken me hours to write a few of my posts. Deal with it.

Doll: Players in mafia typically don't want to die, with a few exceptions. What benefit do you see in throwing out as much misinformation as you're doing?
Pretty much everyone with information at this stage is hostile to town.
Why wouldn't I want to spread misinformation and lies?
Because no one will trust you during the inevitable mass claim in a few days. Because I'm trying to find scum and everyone's talking about doll's BS instead of something actually productive to finding scum.

I am a kook.

I am a Kook. I would like to hear everyone's opinions on whether it is correct to claim this immediately (I believe it is).
No you're wrong, you've outed yourself as scum, Leafsnail.[...]
Doll said they're a kook o_O  So raise that to possibly + those other two, perhaps. Unless there's a post I've missed?
Doll also claimed Alien survivor. He also PMed me fakeclaiming something completely different. He's also implied access to a quicktopic and knowledge of what the scumteam are worried about.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 07, 2017, 03:27:12 pm »

Hector13
Presently you're not doing anything to convince me you're town. The fact you started posting a shit-ton only after you were voted does not help that.
To be fair, a serious vote tends to be a powerful motivator for someone to produce content D1, because its hard to care when the main content is "What would you do if X?" questions. What have you done this game besides getting on TBF's case for PFPing? Who do you want to interact with more today?

I've not got on his case about PFP'ing, I've got on his case because he wants other people to play the game for him, and when he does deign to answer questions, nobody knows what questions he's answering. Do you think his play so far has very town-oriented?

Your first question is asinine. What has anyone done this game? We're still in RVS.

Second question is better, actually making me choose someone to interact with. I'll go with you, seein' as you're here.

What makes you think my vote on TBF was serious?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 07, 2017, 03:29:08 pm »

@Shakerag:You asked me how RVS was going.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 07, 2017, 03:29:58 pm »

Doll: Players in mafia typically don't want to die, with a few exceptions. What benefit do you see in throwing out as much misinformation as you're doing?
Pretty much everyone with information at this stage is hostile to town.
Why wouldn't I want to spread misinformation and lies?

Because as you just said, the anti-town factions already have information. All you're doing is making it harder for the town to play.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 07, 2017, 03:58:21 pm »

TheBiggerFish:
My post history says otherwise. 

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 07, 2017, 04:32:34 pm »

So much hostility.

Sheesh, I don't actually want doll lynched. I'd rather lynch hector13. Or fillipk. Probs both.

Doll's still getting used to having marionette control on the game. I have practiced my webweaving much more, so we'll see how it goes.

So you don't want Doll lynched so they can practice influencing everything in the game?  Seems like a shitty reason to me.  I am in agreement with Leafsnail here that lying is almost always bad for the town.

As Doll said Scum has information because they know who isn't scum and thus they know everyone against them.
Town does not have information and thus needs to get good information quickly.
Spreading fake claims doesn't help town get good information and these wild fakeclaims don't reduce the quality of information scum has since you are still against them and since they can't verify if any of this is true till the first night it doesn't help town day 1.
Plus your lying a lot and really town has almost no reason to lie. Anti-information is anti town and yes I would prefer to lynch a scum player then an anti-town but I put anti-town above random lynch.

I also find it weird how webadict is covering for Doll and echoing the, "I think Fillipk is scummy" sentiment of Doll.  I could be wrong though.

I don't understand the hate for Hector13, he's going after TheBiggerFish who has been in a decent amount of games and should realize that this behavior isn't accepted here.  Even if he is posting from phone there are post numbers or he could just post less, but more meaningful content which is always an option.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 07, 2017, 05:19:17 pm »

Wow. Give me a bit to explain why what you just posted is incredibly scummy. I just got home and I'm cooking some dinner.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 07, 2017, 05:27:52 pm »

Wow. Give me a bit to explain why what you just posted is incredibly scummy. I just got home and I'm cooking some dinner.
Please be my guest.  I'm actually curious.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

RattyB

• Bay Watcher
  • Help.
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #147 on: February 07, 2017, 06:10:19 pm »

TheDarkStar:
Shakerag: Who would you daykill right now if you could?
Most likely doll or RattyB.

Shakerag seems to eager to take charge. Maybe scum, maybe not. Just in case tho...
Good day to you, sir!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 07, 2017, 06:11:58 pm »

TheBiggerFish:
My post history says otherwise.
Well what did I miss?  Or did I confuse something aimed at TDS as aimed at me?  Or what?
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 07, 2017, 06:14:11 pm »

So much hostility.

So you don't want Doll lynched so they can practice influencing everything in the game?  Seems like a shitty reason to me.  I am in agreement with Leafsnail here that lying is almost always bad for the town.

As Doll said Scum has information because they know who isn't scum and thus they know everyone against them.
Town does not have information and thus needs to get good information quickly.
Spreading fake claims doesn't help town get good information and these wild fakeclaims don't reduce the quality of information scum has since you are still against them and since they can't verify if any of this is true till the first night it doesn't help town day 1.
Plus your lying a lot and really town has almost no reason to lie. Anti-information is anti town and yes I would prefer to lynch a scum player then an anti-town but I put anti-town above random lynch.

I also find it weird how webadict is covering for Doll and echoing the, "I think Fillipk is scummy" sentiment of Doll.  I could be wrong though.

I don't understand the hate for Hector13, he's going after TheBiggerFish who has been in a decent amount of games and should realize that this behavior isn't accepted here.  Even if he is posting from phone there are post numbers or he could just post less, but more meaningful content which is always an option.
Oh, I'm not debating that lying is bad for the Town. What I'm debating is that doll is scum. Lying is dumb, and as far as I can tell, doll is also being dumb, but the intent itself is useful. He's clearly trying to stir up talk, debate, and see who's willing to go after him with weak reasoning.

The keyword here, is obviously weak.

This is why I don't mind Leafsnail voting for doll. Leafsnail's vote comes from a place of wanting to help the Town, and is thoroughly justified. He is right to do so, as well. I think it's a bad idea, but I also fully claimed to doll, so what do I know?

But, let's get to the misinformation part: There's this funny thing about the scum. They don't actually know everything about the town. They only know who isn't one of them. So, spreading fakeclaims, while incredibly silly, is actually no less useful to scum than it is to town. Plus, it's not like they aren't incredibly obvious fakeclaims.

But none of that really matters (I mean, technically, it does matter, but that much.) The crux of the issue is that you're complaining about doll and I buddying while you're chainsaw defending hector. Those two are very related. Or, how about the PM you replied to doll with stating that you were gonna keep a Survivor alien silent? Literally, a Day 1 lynch target. There's absolutely zero reason to keep that quiet. That's a big red flag right there. If you want to complain about what people should know about how to play the game, then how on earth are you planning to defend that statement?

So, I'm gonna vote you fillipk.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 57