Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 57

Author Topic: Paranormal 25 - Game over! Town victory!  (Read 79410 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Day 1 - Horror comes with the tides
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2017, 02:01:39 pm »

Answering peoples' questions.

You do realize I'd have to do quite a bit of fiddly to actually get the quotes of the questions in, right?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2017, 02:06:08 pm »

Oh.  Speaking of questions.

doll:Why are you PMing me questions anyway?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2017, 02:11:53 pm »

Answering peoples' questions.

You do realize I'd have to do quite a bit of fiddly to actually get the quotes of the questions in, right?

Not really, I do it all the time.

Or is your response to my subtle accusation that you're deliberately obfuscating so we can't get a read on you really going to be "because it's too hard"?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2017, 02:15:01 pm »

Doll: Players in mafia typically don't want to die, with a few exceptions. What benefit do you see in throwing out as much misinformation as you're doing?

Tiruin:
DA
Tiruin: Assume you're an Exterminator. Do you try to kill off the town first or the doppelgangers?
The most assertive first :P or 'people who I may feel via [probably their play] who may have ulterior motives or actions at night' since I cannot generalize people into town or dopps in the early game.
But goodness would I love to be the Exterminator one day. I SO LOVE to be able to pick stuff and then play with them. :I

You getting tips from me? :P And why is the question about town or dopps when it's uncertain?
Well, it was more who you'd be aiming to kill off, not assuming that you'd actually be correct and get what you were aiming for. But it seemed potentially useful to see who you'd want to remove from the game, even if you were possibly the wrong person to try that type of question with.

4mask: Are there bad questions in RVS, then?

TBF: I can't help but notice that you've mentioned that you haven't done much in the way of asking questions, but still haven't done anything to rectify that. You also say that you're not just trying to placate the people asking you questions, but I'm seeing a lot of one sentence or even one word answer without much in the way of elaboration. To go back to fillipk's question, would you use your morning kill or not kill anyone with it?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2017, 02:17:10 pm »

Why were you answering my questions in PMs?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 07, 2017, 02:18:07 pm »

Yes. Especially if that math from forever ago showing it's a strong towntell still holds.

Speaking of which, do you think you'd claim Kook if you were a dopp? Did you plan to do so prior to receiving your role?
I didn't give any thought to it before the game. I wasn't aware of what people thought of claiming kook day one - I remember people being more hostile to it when I played last, so I probably wouldn't have taken the risk as mafia. I might do it in future now I know people are largely accepting of it.
Leafsnail: If you were an advanced doppelganger, when and why would you choose to convert/consume someone?
I would use it if there were suspicions against me and it seemed likely I'd be lynched soon. Firing it off under those circumstances means the town loses that lead.

Otherwise I'd wait and use it to ruin a town plan that depends on a particular power role or cleared player.
Leafsnail: What would you ask me if you were scum?
Probably nothing. I'm trying to keep my questions to a minimum to avoid wasting people's time, and my general philosophy is to play in exactly the same way when I'm mafia unless I'm forced to do something different.
Leafsnail
If I changed your wincon halfway through the game, would you be sad?
Do you think you'll win with your current wincon?
I probably wouldn't be sad. The Hivemind is very strong and the dopps are likely favoured at 3/11 players (with inevitable anti-town/neutral aliens thrown in too) so joining those teams would make me more likely to win. I'll do my best but this seems like an uphill battle, my gut feeling gives the town a 33% chance.
So you've claimed kook.

Based on my brief overview of your meta I'd easily say that you're not an alien.
Therefore, if your meta appears less two-dimensional, I'll be aware that you're not not an alien, which I am aware of now.

What do you think about my use of PMs?
I think it's dumb, there's no reason to hide information like this from the rest of the players. I don't know what you mean by "my meta" or why you think you know it considering I haven't played in years and never with you.

Doll, what you're doing is not big and it's not clever. You're muddying the waters by claiming a bunch of stupid nonsense in addition to a claim that could be legitimately made at this stage (kook). You being alive later in the game would be bad for the town regardless of your alignment.
All of you Kooks. This is becoming kooky.
Are you all following up your claims with anything of substance?
What do you mean?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 07, 2017, 02:20:38 pm »

As far as I'm concerned town shouldn't lie because it fucks up the chain of logic that's crucial for catching scum in this game. So if you get caught in a lie you're scum and I'm voting for you. Consider yourselves warned, wannabe gambit masters.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2017, 02:21:01 pm »

@hector: On mobile, it is a pain to snip particular parts of rather long posts, especially when there's more than one you need to respond to.  Let alone getting them all in the editor in the first place.

So yes, my response to your accusation of obfuscation is "It's a pain to quote and snip three separate longposts that are out of the recent replies thingy on mobile".

@Deus Asmoth:Again I say not enough information.  Like I said the first time.

Additionally, I just asked doll a question, in case you didn't notice.

Because you asked them in PMs and, again, it's a pain to get them from point A to point B.

Are you going to answer my question?
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 07, 2017, 02:25:49 pm »

That isn't an answer. I'm not asking you who you'd kill, I'm asking whether or not you'd use the ability.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 07, 2017, 02:28:14 pm »

[questions which I answered]
Post your list of reads in the thread.
Well, here's my reads so far then.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That isn't an answer. I'm not asking you who you'd kill, I'm asking whether or not you'd use the ability.
Well, I still need more information to know that.  If I had a nigh-confirmed scum, most likely I would, if not, I'd fire it off the next morning when my chances would be 1/2.  Assuming I didn't die at least.
Sigtext

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2017, 02:29:21 pm »

Additionally, I just asked doll a question, in case you didn't notice.
Why do you feel the need to draw attention to this fact?
You're cracking right now.
Does this worry you?

Because you asked them in PMs and, again, it's a pain to get them from point A to point B.

Are you going to answer my question?
Probably not.
Why don't you think about it instead?

TBF
You have no reads on anyone other than myself?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2017, 02:32:57 pm »

@hector: On mobile, it is a pain to snip particular parts of rather long posts, especially when there's more than one you need to respond to.  Let alone getting them all in the editor in the first place.

So yes, my response to your accusation of obfuscation is "It's a pain to quote and snip three separate longposts that are out of the recent replies thingy on mobile".

Like I said, I do it all the time, on mobile. I know it's a pain in the arse, but it needs to be done.

Presently you're not doing anything to convince me you're town. The fact you started posting a shit-ton only after you were voted does not help that.

PPE:

Well, here's my reads so far then.

Doll:Despite gambit/claim/whatever pileup, I think they're Town.

"Despite"?

Could you point us to something doll's done that is not part of the gambit/claim/whatever pileup that leads you to believe this?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 07, 2017, 02:33:24 pm »

Doll:
Doll: What benefit do you see in throwing out as much misinformation as you're doing?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 07, 2017, 02:37:21 pm »

Because DA said I wasn't asking questions.

doll:What makes you think I'm cracking exactly?

@doll:Because I'm waiting for you to answer it.  Why aren't you going to answer it?

@doll again:I don't, no.  I'm not good at this whole "judging people by gut feeling" thing.  Most of the people I haven't had significant time to engage with are pretty much shapeless grey masses of unknown at this point.

@hector: Well I could copypaste a bunch of PMs, but that's a real pain in the arse, so yeah.
Sigtext

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 07, 2017, 02:39:45 pm »

Doll: Players in mafia typically don't want to die, with a few exceptions. What benefit do you see in throwing out as much misinformation as you're doing?
Pretty much everyone with information at this stage is hostile to town.
Why wouldn't I want to spread misinformation and lies?

You know Wuba, you never actually answered my question.
This tells me that you're either town or a good player.

Not really a helpful observation I guess.
...Either 'town'? That's some conceptual construct I'm curious about. How's your degree of judging people work like that?
Webbyweb is a good player dough :3
Not answering questions draws attention from the player who asked the question, and is anti-town if the information isn't available, while townsided if it is.

I've asked your question in a PM.
No you didn't! D: I don't have a PM from you! (Also if I would, hello and welcome to Bay12! It's nice to see you and have a PM from you as a start!) [And on anyone curious, I don't usually do PMs until when stuff are established; stuff pertains to ideas about the game and all, currently I'm in the not-yet-established-portion]
You are the only player I have not PM'd.

I think it's dumb, there's no reason to hide information like this from the rest of the players. I don't know what you mean by "my meta" or why you think you know it considering I haven't played in years and never with you.[/quote]
Well you have actually behaved in-line with your posts in the theory thread.
Logically I should appear anti-town to you, which it appears I do.
Why are you so quick to push on anti-town players when what we actually want to lynch is scum (and third parties)?

Doll, what you're doing is not big and it's not clever. You're muddying the waters by claiming a bunch of stupid nonsense in addition to a claim that could be legitimately made at this stage (kook). You being alive later in the game would be bad for the town regardless of your alignment.
That's like saying RVS is not big and not clever.

Is there an actual problem with the alien survivor claim?
I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Why are you so concerned about trying to push out information so cleanly (to the point of adding kook as a note to the conversation even though it's obvious since we're both kooks)?

doll:
I am a Kook. I would like to hear everyone's opinions on whether it is correct to claim this immediately (I believe it is).
No you're wrong, you've outed yourself as scum, Leafsnail.
I'd love to hear your reasoning as to why Leafsnail is scum.
What's making you think that I think Leafsnail is scum?

By the way what did you mean by quickchat, I know pms are allowed, does that just extend to those too?
I think it's pretty obvious what he meant by quickchat.
Is it?  I'm getting a little slow in my old age.  Maybe you can elaborate to make sure we're on the same page.
Sure.
At game start I was invited to a quicktopic with you and wuba.
So far we've mostly been posting about roles and speculating about which players might be third parties.
Wuba scolded me for pushing on people too early and blowing the chance to push out more sustained 'analysis' on them.

I'm Spartacus a kook.
Fun thing. Many people claiming has the real scumteam, if one is in the position of their shoes, to be able to analyze stuff themselves while the non-dopp team flails about.
In my 'this time is midnight and I am tired and why am I posting' mindset, it's picturing people at the start of a game--same idea of 'mafia = dopp = 3 people know their stuff and are with each other' and a common impression towards what's going on.
Actually, the real scumteam are mostly worried about aliens right now.
In particular, we think TBF might be setting himself up as a sporespreader, but he might have jumped the gun.

Is any of the above even metaphorically true?
Why would scum be able to form meaningful analysis from town kookclaims if town can't?
What is there to analyze?

Doll:
Doll: What benefit do you see in throwing out as much misinformation as you're doing?
1) Scum (and some third parties) have information
2) Town do not have information
3) Until information appears, town will continue to not have information
4) Therefore, attacking the quality of information presently in the game is town-sided
5) This can be achieved by churning out misinformation into the minds of the players in the game.

I'm going to be gone for ten hours, so you'll have to carry on without me until then.

TBF
Why don't you check over your play to see why it shows that you're cracking?
Why don't you re-ask me the question if you want it answered, as you request others to do for you?
Well that's too bad. Why not try instead of saying 'I don't know'?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 57