Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 57

Author Topic: Paranormal 25 - Game over! Town victory!  (Read 79425 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Day 1 - Horror comes with the tides
« Reply #105 on: February 07, 2017, 11:49:16 am »

I am a kook.

I am a Kook. I would like to hear everyone's opinions on whether it is correct to claim this immediately (I believe it is).
No you're wrong, you've outed yourself as scum, Leafsnail.[...]
Doll said they're a kook o_O  So raise that to possibly + those other two, perhaps. Unless there's a post I've missed?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 07, 2017, 12:01:03 pm »

I am a kook.

I am a Kook. I would like to hear everyone's opinions on whether it is correct to claim this immediately (I believe it is).
No you're wrong, you've outed yourself as scum, Leafsnail.[...]
Doll said they're a kook o_O  So raise that to possibly + those other two, perhaps. Unless there's a post I've missed?
Doll said a lot of things. You gotta keep up!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 07, 2017, 12:10:20 pm »

TheBiggerFish:
@Shakerag:
More like 'I'm not going to go through the effort of tracking down all the questions people asked me in a vast morass of longposts'.
Maybe you should put on your big girl panties and search through the vast morass of longposts like every other player in this game does. 

hector13:
RattyB strikes me as new, and B12 is generally quite lenient toward newer players, so also probably not a D1 lynch. They also haven't said much, and B12 generally doesn't policy lynch, 'specially not on D1.
Curious.  This has not been my observation.

IronyOwl: Would you/have you policy lynched on D1?

4maskwolf: Are you lenient toward newer players throwing out scumtells?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 07, 2017, 12:45:10 pm »

4maskwolf: Long time no see. You played any Mafia recently?
Yes and no, but mostly no.  Depends on your definition of "recently".

4maskwolf: Assuming you had an investigative ability, how would you decide who to target?
Investigative ability is too broad of a category for a game like this, where investigative roles can do a wide variety of things, but I'll take the Agent for an example.  I'd choose based on who I wanted to clear, or who I thought was scum, situation dependent.  Check for scum first, check for town if I don't have any good scumreads.

4maskwolf
Asking someone a good question makes both players look townsided, because it gives and opportunity for both to give good reads.
Do you agree or disagree with the above statement?
There are no good questions in RVS, you're just throwing shit at the wall until something sticks and the game begins in earnest.

4maskwolf: Are you lenient toward newer players throwing out scumtells?
Incredibly context dependent, but generally yes.  New players can often be overenthusiastic in their efforts and make beginner mistakes and accidental scumtells that intelligent players (both scum and town) can avoid.

I see doll has managed to one-up me on the gambit front, and if I weren't so busy with work I'd have to challenge them to reclaim my place on top there, but meh.  I'm an old-ass man, I'm too old for that shit.

I am not Spartacus, because fuck that noise.  I have no idea what's going on there, but it isn't anything good.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2017, 12:55:40 pm »

webadict

@hector13: Where's the reads? Also, because I think you're fishy, what would you offer me to claim my role?

Something most people would consider unpleasant, like haggis. Unless you mean in game terms, in which case nothing. Too early in the game to be trusting folk, and there's a role's list at the start that can be cherry-picked from easily enough.

However, turn that question around: what would you accept as reasonable compensation in return for you claiming your role?

Didn't know I was s'posed to offer up reads, since we're still in the midst of RVS.

I only have gut feelings, presently, which are:

Spoiler: gut feelings (click to show/hide)

TBF

4mask

I have no idea what's going on there, but it isn't anything good.

What makes you say that?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2017, 12:59:27 pm »

4mask
I have no idea what's going on there, but it isn't anything good.
What makes you say that?
Because three people claimed kook (granted, one of them was probably claiming how kooky they are IRL) in a relatively small Paranormal game.  While I can kinda buy there being two kooks in the game, I do think it bears investigating.  Especially since one of them is Leafsnail.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2017, 01:44:13 pm »

Hey!  I'm pretty sure I asked someone a question!

...Have I seriously not asked anybody any questions?  Wow, real life.  Stop getting in the way when I'm trying to play Mafia.

Gonna go read all the things.  *sigh*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 07, 2017, 01:44:37 pm »

webadict:Why would you be confirmed tomorrow?
oh hey look a question
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2017, 01:46:32 pm »

In order!

@filipk: Nobody, because insufficient data.

@Shakerag: Poorly.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2017, 01:51:02 pm »

@TDS:dopp strategy?  Well it depends on how everything's worked out.  As just vanilla doppelganger on a team of vanilla doppelgangers, probably much as I'd play town.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2017, 01:51:44 pm »

In order!

@filipk: Nobody, because insufficient data.

@Shakerag: Poorly.

How is answering the questions like that any different from getting people to find the questions that were asked to you? There's no context, so people have to go look for the questions you're answering...

PPE: goddamn. Really?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2017, 01:53:52 pm »

@hector13:These people presumably know when they asked me a question.

(also, there were fewer questions than I was expecting.  Huh.  Time and posts did not fly.)
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2017, 01:55:33 pm »

So you're just trying to placate the people asking you questions then?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 07, 2017, 01:56:11 pm »

No.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 07, 2017, 01:59:44 pm »

So what is it, exactly, that you're doing?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 57