Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 57

Author Topic: Paranormal 25 - Game over! Town victory!  (Read 79304 times)

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - [SIGNUPS 7/9]
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2017, 11:29:33 pm »

Meph
1) If a mindstealer mindsteals a mindstolen alien, does the mindstealer become a survivor or gain the other alien's original objective?
2) Does the OH kill instantly (can an eliminator daykill the OH with advanced assassin bot?)?
3) A bit of a vacuous question, but is there a preferred style for players who have already lost (xenozoo's who have abducted a plasma bomb eliminator, for instance)?
4) Is the spore spreader wincon exclusive or can other players still win?
5) Does the OH abomination attempt to nightkill the OH? What protects from the abomination (if anything) and does the abomination stop killing after being foiled once (if it can be foiled)?
5.5) Does the OH need to kill each night to count towards building to building the abomination?
6) Do eliminators choose between guns/blades or is it chosen at game start automatically? Are eliminator guns visibly different to vig/war vet guns?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2017, 12:31:25 am »

Meph
1) If a mindstealer mindsteals a mindstolen alien, does the mindstealer become a survivor or gain the other alien's original objective?
Survivor
2) Does the OH kill instantly (can an eliminator daykill the OH with advanced assassin bot?)?
Yes, it is effectively a special form of Night Kill. And, yes, assuming the Exterminator was not abducted.
3) A bit of a vacuous question, but is there a preferred style for players who have already lost (xenozoo's who have abducted a plasma bomb eliminator, for instance)?
Generally speaking Aliens who cannot win should play as Survivors.
4) Is the spore spreader wincon exclusive or can other players still win?
Yes, it is exclusive
5) Does the OH abomination attempt to nightkill the OH? What protects from the abomination (if anything) and does the abomination stop killing after being foiled once (if it can be foiled)?
The Abomination does not target the Organ Harvester. It performs a regular Night Kill attempt on all other players, and can be blocked as normal. It can try again the next night, assuming the OH doesn't get lynched.
5.5) Does the OH need to kill each night to count towards building to building the abomination?
Yes
6) Do eliminators choose between guns/blades or is it chosen at game start automatically? Are eliminator guns visibly different to vig/war vet guns?
I generally decide based on how I'm feeling, although the Exterminator can also request stuff. And the Exterminator weapons are plasma based, rather than bullet based.

Flavor is very important in a Paranormal. I suggest reading a few of the more recent games to get an idea of what to expect.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2017, 01:59:57 am »

I read Paranormal 23 before my original post in this thread, where flavor was used to determine killing roles/abduction types, initial dopp numbers, and roleflips, which is basically why I asked question 6. You are right that I'll need to read some more before monday/start, though.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2017, 06:37:11 pm »

Two more questions:
1) Can you PM players at night?
2) When do you pick alien tech? What is the cutoff point for choosing?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2017, 06:48:35 pm »

Pretty sure you can PM players at night because I remember doing that last time I played this game.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2017, 08:19:45 pm »

Two more questions:
1) Can you PM players at night?
2) When do you pick alien tech? What is the cutoff point for choosing?

1) Yes
2) Anytime between getting your role PM and the end of the first day. That goes for human tech as well.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - [SIGNUPS 8/9]
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2017, 10:10:00 am »

I'd like one more but I can run with 8. Do people just want to get started?
Come play Mafia with us!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2017, 03:40:34 pm »

I'd like one more but I can run with 8. Do people just want to get started?
Well, no one seems to be commenting, so I'll just say go with what seems to be the best.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2017, 04:08:02 pm »

I'd prefer to wait.

I haven't done any reading of previous Paranormal games yet...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2017, 05:31:10 pm »

Barring a new player joining it doesn't look like there's a huge chance of someone else coming in. Might as well go.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2017, 08:52:08 pm »

Well, I make no promises of doing well or paying a lot of attention, but I could probably post once a day or so.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2017, 08:55:13 pm »

Cool, thanks web.

I'll give it just another day or so to see if anyone else wants to join or has found time, and then I'll send out role PMs and we can get started.
Come play Mafia with us!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2017, 09:02:40 pm »

Cool, thanks web.

I'll give it just another day or so to see if anyone else wants to join or has found time, and then I'll send out role PMs and we can get started.
That'll give me just enough time to update my profile picture.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2017, 09:04:48 pm »

Cool, thanks web.

That'll give me just enough time to update my profile picture.
O_O
Well, this is going to be fun :3 Hiii Webbyweb~
Nice to see you lurking and joining again! :))

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - [SIGNUPS 9/9] - NOT closed we can always take more!
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2017, 09:22:05 pm »

Excellent, Kook WIFOM ahoy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 57