Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Defend Thy Hovel  (Read 5209 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Defend Thy Hovel
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2017, 03:40:50 pm »

Try to make of one of those log traps from bloodborne.
Spoiler: This to be specific (click to show/hide)

Hide it somewhere on the ceiling and have it be triggered by a tripwire on the front door.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2017, 04:11:15 pm »

Cut a piece of lumber into two and carve a sign into it "owned by player" and post it outside your door.
Etch a false keyhole into your door(it doesn't need to be very deep, a corner of the axe should work) and darken it with ash so that it appears that the keyhole is too dark to see into.
Wedge a piece of lumber against the door and into the floor, block all but one window, spikes under that window and an angry lumberjack next to the spikes.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2017, 04:12:34 pm »

Hide it somewhere on the ceiling and have it be triggered by a tripwire on the front door.

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2017, 04:25:07 pm »

+1
+1
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2017, 04:40:49 pm »

I think we need to kill them. They could have some goo loot on them, so what I suggest is:

Sharpen some of the log stack into Punji Sticks. Put the sticks in front of the door and a little to the side. Tear apart the wicker basket and use it to disguise the sticks. When they come in and get stuck in the sticks, we axe them.
We don't need to kill them. We need to DEFEND THY HOVEL, hence the thread name. Killing people to take their stuff is also an adventure thing, and exactly what we're trying to avert.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2017, 05:31:41 pm »

I think we need to kill them. They could have some goo loot on them, so what I suggest is:

Sharpen some of the log stack into Punji Sticks. Put the sticks in front of the door and a little to the side. Tear apart the wicker basket and use it to disguise the sticks. When they come in and get stuck in the sticks, we axe them.
We don't need to kill them. We need to DEFEND THY HOVEL, hence the thread name. Killing people to take their stuff is also an adventure thing, and exactly what we're trying to avert.
HOWEVER, we will need better equipment/more resources to defend against stronger foes that will surely come for us.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2017, 07:27:12 pm »

We just need to make sure that we remain purely the starter town and then only beginner heroes will attack.
Unfortunately that also means that the whole village will burn down... Well, I suppose that they will be prevented from entering, so it just needs to be the whole of the village that is visible from the entrance...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2017, 07:28:31 pm »

Problem is, if we kill TOO MANY adventurers, they'll start seeing as the boss enemy of the area and come after us in droves. Tricking the adventurer's into doing something stupid that gets themselves killed without being connected to us might work.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2017, 07:33:54 pm »

If anyone asks, we should say that we're from Eldast. That should scare them off.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2017, 07:35:32 pm »

Problem is, if we kill TOO MANY adventurers, they'll start seeing as the boss enemy of the area and come after us in droves. Tricking the adventurer's into doing something stupid that gets themselves killed without being connected to us might work.
I think that is the goal of the game
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2017, 08:03:09 pm »

This will take too long, We don't have the time.

This however, we can do. +1

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2017, 11:25:22 pm »

In an absolute fury you set about shaving away the branches of the upper portion of a log that you'd already separated from the rest of the trunk. Minutes later you've turned most branches into rather shoddy spike like objects and hall the small log into your hovel before closing the rickety wooden door behind you. Only few moments are spent before you manage to find a pile of leftover hemp cordage you'd used earlier in the season, and in some time you've managed to setup a trap on your ceiling connected to a cord at the base of the door. You had to make use of some extra wood bits along your rafters to set up the holder that would let the log fall out and slam towards the door.

You find it odd that you had enough time to set that up, but you quickly hide yourself away in the darker corner of the room and then begin the waiting game. Its not long before you hear the voice of adventurers growing ever closer,

"Heh, we got lucky this time. That one carpenter had two gold under his floorboards, I'm glad you noticed that they were a little short there or we'd have lost a pretty profit."

"Yeah, it was good money, but did you really have to stab the guy in the eye for hiding gold? I was planning on just selling him to a wizard as a living target. You already ruined that."

"We wouldn't have made much off this second rate peasant garbage, really Jerry you think these guys would make good sla-"

The adventurers words are cut off as he throws your door open and takes a full stride into the room, easily triggering the tripwire on the floor as he is focused on talking to the man behind him. You hear the man behind the first one screaming out as a log falls from the ceiling and slam into the unprepared adventurer who is easily impaled on numerous branches, the brute force of the slam driving them through his rather cheap leather vest.

Now is your chance, the other is shocked by the events, but the door is blocked. What do you do?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hovel (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2017, 12:02:56 am »

Charge him with the axe and chop him to bits

"This is for the people you capitalist pig!"
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2017, 01:11:48 am »

Move up quietly, reach under the trap, and hook the second's legs with your axe. Axe them inside to enjoy some aggaxeressive negotiatiaxeons.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 01:38:57 am by RAM »
Read the First Post!

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2017, 01:32:58 am »

Charge him with the axe and chop him to bits

"This is for the people you capitalist pig!"
+1
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6