Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Defend Thy Hovel  (Read 5175 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Defend Thy Hovel
« on: January 23, 2017, 11:06:58 pm »

You are a peasant in a nameless hamlet that finds itself in a region ruled by Duke Something-or-other who is one of countless nobles serving the King of your Kingdom, the Kingdom of... now that you think of it you don't actually know its name. Most of your life has been spent in peace, you were raised by your parents and then given a small amount of coin to go out and make a home of your own when you finally came of age. Those events have led to your current situation, currently the hamlet is suffering from the most horrifying of man-made catastrophes, one that makes war time a preferable outcome to the current situation. A scourge has descended upon the town you call home, one that calls itself "Adventurers", and right now they have begun the much feared act of looting.

Many have decided to give in, to allow their valuables to be "requisitioned" by this scourge for "the greater good", but not you! Nay, if these evildoers wish to take what you had worked so hard to gather they shall need to step over your corpse. It is time to prepare for the coming disaster, but luckily you have some things of great use to your current issue thanks to your profession...

A) You made your living as a hunter, prowling the nearby woods with bow in hand and a loyal companion at your side. [Start with a Shortbow (Poor Quality), a Quiver of Arrows (Ten Shoddy Arrows), a Bear-trap (Poor Quality), a hunting dog, and the Archery II Skill.]

B) You made your living as the sole guard of the area, patrolling its borders and helping settle any disputes that started up within the hamlet. [Start with a Spear (Good Quality), Leather Armor (Poor Quality), Hide Shield (Poor Quality), a dagger (Poor Quality), Spearsmanship II, and the Shield Use I Skill]

C) You survived by acting as a Lumberjack, cutting down trees and processing the results to some degree to allow for use everywhere in the hamlet. [Start with a Lumber Axe (Good Quality), ten units of lumber, and Axe Use II Skill.]

D) You survived through farming like much of the peasantry, a hoe in hand as you worked the fields each day. [Start with a Hoe (Poor Quality), 2 Farm Plots (Low Quality), and the Farming II Skill.]
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 11:16:41 pm by adwarf »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Defend Thy Hovel
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 11:27:53 pm »

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay.

Khamsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 12:06:45 am »

Aye, we are going to be a fine lumberjack.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 02:30:06 am »

Aye, a lumberjack.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 03:07:11 am »

Lumberjacl Aye Aye!
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 03:08:14 am »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

wilsonns

• Bay Watcher
  • Golden hair?Green eyes?Spiky beard?Super Dorf Jin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 03:09:20 am »

.......Farmer?

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2017, 07:46:31 am »

B
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Defend Thy Hovel
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2017, 03:13:43 pm »

Hard at work with the sun high in the sky you bring your lumber axe down onto tree branches thicker than your two arms, all the while humming a tune.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK
I sleep all night and I work all day."

You work is cut short though by the sounds of screams from nearby homes and when you look to see the problem you find your heart stop in your chest at the sight of two men clad in leather armor with bronze single star pins on their chest. It takes only a moment for them to shove an aging woman aside as they barge into a neighbors hovel and begin the looting, the day has finally come that you have long dreaded. Adventurers have arrived, they are currently preoccupied looting your neighbors hovels, you do not have much time before they finish off the looting elsewhere. Preparation must be made, you'll be damned if these monsters will take your possessions!

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hovel (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2017, 03:20:51 pm »

Barricade doors and windows with lumber. Toss coins into the ashes in the fireplace, and mix about until they are throughly hidden under ash and firewood. Extinguish any internal lights and stay quiet.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2017, 03:28:59 pm »

Barricade doors and windows with lumber. Toss coins into the ashes in the fireplace, and mix about until they are throughly hidden under ash and firewood. Extinguish any internal lights and stay quiet.

I think we need to kill them. They could have some goo loot on them, so what I suggest is:

Sharpen some of the log stack into Punji Sticks. Put the sticks in front of the door and a little to the side. Tear apart the wicker basket and use it to disguise the sticks. When they come in and get stuck in the sticks, we axe them.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6