Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22

Author Topic: Abandoned Project.  (Read 40486 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Labyrinth (8/8) Turn 22: Insidious Power
« Reply #240 on: February 26, 2017, 08:32:48 am »

Wait.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 26, 2017, 09:39:03 am »

"Would I? Of course! Thank ye, sir! This is [concept.adjective.emotion=positive], to be  truly honest."
Y4R-M8 hands over the chalice, picking up the carbine, and then takes the moment to pull free the dagger, leaving it by the roadside, before heading to Phantus's apartment.

Avanti!

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 26, 2017, 10:58:32 am »

Continue resting. In the meantime, order my fire elemental to go search the area for something that can be used to help in healing my injuries.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #243 on: February 26, 2017, 05:56:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 27, 2017, 04:50:10 pm »

wait for the confrence to start.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Labyrinth (8/8) Turn 23: The Waiting Game
« Reply #245 on: February 27, 2017, 07:12:20 pm »

Spoiler: Agonist Plane Gate (click to show/hide)

"You think we chose to come here, then? No. I cannot speak for the others, but I was taken from my home, and all I want is to find a way back. I suppose I was lucky enough not to be bound by some idiot who reacts without considering the reasons for the actions of the being he bound. Though I suppose I may just be here as entertainment for whatever architect or architects made this place. Nevertheless, the utility you provide me is secondary to the danger you present unbound. I would be more than happy to return you to your home if you taught me your skills and were not a danger to me, and if you would be willing to allow us safe passage through your realm to other gates and back here. I'm not asking you to allow us to disturb you unconditionally or interrupt you from the solitude you desire, just to let us pass safely on the occasion we do enter your realm. The hypocrisy of keeping you from your home when I am kept from mine is not lost on me, Prismata." Tobias pauses for a few moments before asking another couple of questions. "Why is it that you wish to be alone? Is solitude all you have ever known, or did someone betray you so horrifically that you would never wish to interact with others again?"

Make sure to let the robot pirate know Phantus wants to meet with us, then head back to the apartment while talking with Prismata. If robopirate is still talking to the Merchant, also take the time to thank the merchant for suggesting the Demonology knowledge and providinf my eye, both of which were very useful.

"Who the hell do you think you are? I'm not teaching a summoner who associates with the undead and necromancers anything about my magic- not in a thousand years, moron. That binding can't force me to do something I'd never moral. And my realm- you keep talking like there's anything left there. Without my unbound essence to maintain it, everything goes into limbo. My Glass Giants can't hurt you anymore, much less move or think like they did before. Nothing there can- well, aside from the glass that could cut you if you moved too fast. I don't need to justify my solitude- that's my honest answer, the binding won't let me lie. Now, I have a request of you- quit trying to delve into my identity and past and just give me commands regarding my magic." Prismata is in a cold sort of rage, speaking in a low yet agitated tone of voice. Before Tobias leaves for the apartment, he delivers the news of the meeting to Y4R-M8. Tobias sees the Merchant that sold him some of his equipment and makes sure to give his gratitude, to which the Merchant nods slowly but yields no other response.

Tobias soon arrives at Room 909 and notices Crimson, Arcodo, and Trier are already there.

Wait.
Arcodo leans back a bit, waiting patiently for Phantus and the others.

"Would I? Of course! Thank ye, sir! This is [concept.adjective.emotion=positive], to be  truly honest."
Y4R-M8 hands over the chalice, picking up the carbine, and then takes the moment to pull free the dagger, leaving it by the roadside, before heading to Phantus's apartment.

After being informed of the meeting by the departing Tobias, Y4R trades the chalice for the carbine. The Merchant laughs a bit, before saying "Pleasure doing business, Y4R-M8." and dissipating into nothing along with his cart. Removing and dropping the dagger, Y4R arrives at the apartment to see Tobias and (most) of the others are already there.

Continue resting. In the meantime, order my fire elemental to go search the area for something that can be used to help in healing my injuries.

Crimson's elemental leaves the room to search for anything that could be used to heal his injuries, [3]but his flaming construct returns empty-handed. After swearing under his breath, Crimson is suddenly wracked by a sensation not unlike electricity coursing through his body. Uncontrollably spasming, he coughs up a glob of darkish slime. He tries to hold it in but to no avail. After a sizable mount has been expelled from his mouth, the spasms are gone and he feels like something about his body has changed. His pain is now more of a euphoric tingle, and he feels at ease for no apparent reason at all. The rest of the group is confused, save for Arcodo and Y4R wonder what exactly that stone heart is doing to their comrade's physiology.

wait for the confrence to start.

Trier waits, leaning against the wall. The crystalline man is used to long waits like these- he had to wait much longer before those conferences he held back on his home planet.
Hopefully Phantus will arrive soon.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 07:18:05 pm by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 27, 2017, 07:42:20 pm »

"Oh right, because I chose the people I associate with, not because we all happened to be brought here at the same time by one mysterious force. Fine, I'll leave you to your privacy, but only after this last question. What is it about Light Magic that turns every practicitioner into a self-righteous, holier-than-thou, prejudiced bigot? Is there a section in beginner light magic tomes on how to act like you think you're better than everyone else?" Tobias practically snarls the questions, answering Prismata's rage with his own.

Waiting on Phantus, arguing with a ring.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 08:06:17 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 27, 2017, 08:02:50 pm »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Goggles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 27, 2017, 08:05:27 pm »

From the depths of sunshine and rainbows comes Ringer!

Fear not, for I am now here!

Attempts to befriend a rock.

Together, with this rock, I WILL RULE THE GENERAL 5 FT AREA![
Um, same!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 27, 2017, 08:17:49 pm »

Continue waiting. Take a brief look at the apartment from where I am. Does anything in particular stand out? Maybe a picture of others trapped in this maze? Probably not that, though, considering they wouldn't have a means to take the picture..
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 28, 2017, 09:37:36 am »

Ah shit. I think I know where this is going. Use magic perception to check my entire body. Also check the heart again if possible. In the meantime, make my elemental go on another search though this time, outside the building.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 28, 2017, 05:06:39 pm »

Continue waiting, look for weird stuff.

Avanti!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #252 on: February 28, 2017, 05:24:16 pm »

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Labyrinth (8/8) Turn 24: Change Is On The Horizon
« Reply #253 on: February 28, 2017, 09:35:46 pm »

"Oh right, because I chose the people I associate with, not because we all happened to be brought here at the same time by one mysterious force. Fine, I'll leave you to your privacy, but only after this last question. What is it about Light Magic that turns every practicitioner into a self-righteous, holier-than-thou, prejudiced bigot? Is there a section in beginner light magic tomes on how to act like you think you're better than everyone else?" Tobias practically snarls the questions, answering Prismata's rage with his own.

Waiting on Phantus, arguing with a ring.

"You didn't have to travel with him, though. You could've killed him and put him back where he belonged; Back in the grave. And honestly, are you really asking that question? Innate magic tends to reflect the user's soul or fate, and it is clearly reflecting that I am a shining star that is superior to you idiot Visitors. I don't just think that I'm better than you, I know I'm better than you. You couldn't have defeated without your vile necromancer buddy. I still plan on slitting on every one of you's throats as well- and I can find a way out of here, eventually. Good things come to those that wait!" she scoffs at Tobias, and it appears his rage has convinced her to take him even less serious.

Tobias hears an unfamiliar voice coming from outside the apartment.

From the depths of sunshine and rainbows comes Ringer!

Fear not, for I am now here!

Attempts to befriend a rock.

Together, with this rock, I WILL RULE THE GENERAL 5 FT AREA![

Ringer flickers into existence in the same intersection the other Visitors did. Rather than question how he got here like the rest, Ringer immediately flops to the ground next to a large rock.
He tries to be friendly with it, [5+1]which is a total success.
Spoiler: Goggles only (click to show/hide)
Just as he does this, he hears a voice from someone standing over him. "Oh, gods. A crazy one... oh well. At least he should make things a little more interesting."
Ringer is lifted to his feet and brought to face Phantus. "Welcome to the Labyrinth. You must have a lot of questions- If you do, I'd advise making it to that apartment complex over there and looking for Room 909." Phantus points in the direction of his refuge and immediately disappears into nothingness... must have put Whisper's mask back on.

Ringer finally makes it to the damp and waterlogged apartments, friendly rock in hand. He makes casual conversation with it as he ascends the staircase and enters Room 909. The 'druid' of sorts is met with the sight of a large crystalline humanoid, a man with a shiny orange eye arguing with something on his hand, what looks like a robot pirate and some guy in a black coat jerking and oozing some sickening substance from his mouth. Not a comforting sight. To everyone's surprise, Phantus appears out of nothingness and immediately lights himself a cigarette. He seems to be taking a smoke break before beginning the speech.

Continue waiting. Take a brief look at the apartment from where I am. Does anything in particular stand out? Maybe a picture of others trapped in this maze? Probably not that, though, considering they wouldn't have a means to take the picture..

Arcodo lets his eyes wonder around the apartment. He notices
Spoiler: OceanSoul only (click to show/hide)

Ah shit. I think I know where this is going. Use magic perception to check my entire body. Also check the heart again if possible. In the meantime, make my elemental go on another search though this time, outside the building.

As Ringer enters the room, Crimson begins focusing his magic perception on his own body. [2+1]He can't seem to focus, however, and fails to pinpoint any mana clusters at all- not necessarily because there aren't any, but because he can't focus long enough. At the same time, his fire elemental is searching outside the building. Nothing unusual is found, though, and the elemental returns soon again.

Continue waiting, look for weird stuff.

Y4R can't see anything odd about the room. He waits patiently for Phantus to begin his speech.

Phantus stands before the group, finally finished with his cigarette. He snuffs it out on the corner of a new table near one of the shuttered windows. Before anyone can wonder how he got that, he begins to speak. "I gathered everyone here to inform you all of not one, but two discoveries. Firstly, the Labyrinth has stopped shuffling. In other words, the places the gates here lead to aren't changing thus far- this is unprecedented, but so is a group of Visitors not losing half of it's members after one Gate. I think that for whatever reason the architects that control this place have decided it's high time they get to finishing their little game. Now this is all just theory, of course, because most of the places out there are uncharted turf. I'm not sure any of the subordinate Gates have stopped shuffling because I haven't been that far yet. Now that you've neutralized two different Planes, I should be able to keep this research on the nature of the Labyrinth up." he pauses to catch his breath. He is quite agitated by this whole situation- manic, even. Phantus starts talking a mile a minute again, "Secondly, the Hub has anomalous properties of it's own. None of them are detrimental, it actually seems that wounds heal faster when you rest here." Phantus nods to Crimson when saying this. "If he waits a while, those bones should fix themselves up in six hours or so.", the wizened man produces a silver pocket-watch after saying and taps on it for emphasis. "You guys are free to go now, I haven't found out much anything besides that. You are, however, free to ask questions and help yourself to more ration packets."
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Labyrinth (8/8) Turn 24: Change Is On The Horizon
« Reply #254 on: March 01, 2017, 12:59:05 am »

Another try for magic perception while I continue to rest.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22