Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: Abandoned Project.  (Read 40573 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Labyrinth (8/8) Turn 2
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2017, 08:01:44 pm »

In that case, Try to walk through the gate, but turn around once it's open. Pay attention to what's on the other side.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Labyrinth (8/8) Turn 2
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2017, 12:58:20 am »

"I'll just go with the flow and choose south as our first destination."

Having heard that grizzled man's words, Crimson goes and searches for something he can use in the event he encounters a place where he can't use his magic.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Labyrinth (8/8) Turn 3: Let's Make A Deal!
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2017, 05:06:00 pm »

Trier looking around stabs the ground with his arm and grows the crystal that sprouts from it into a  a crystal spear.

If a land does not happen to have magic, what would happen to the more magical beings?
[3+1] Trier jabs a seed crystal into the ground before forming it into a crystal spear.
The spear looks more fragile than most crystals, but it should do.

"If thar be [concept=Loot], its good enough fer me! [designation.placeholder=Skeleton], ye seem to be the trustworthy type, so I'll go along with ye."
Y4R-M8 decides to keep close to Mr. Bones, and goes along with it.

Y4R-M8 does just that, sticking with the sentient skeleton.

"If thar be [concept=Loot], its good enough fer me! [designation.placeholder=Skeleton], ye seem to be the trustworthy type, so I'll go along with ye."
Y4R-M8 decides to keep close to Mr. Bones, and goes along with it.
Rolls Die: 4
Changes tune on boombox
Scribbles on whiteboard

Greetings, Tinman
Summon an oil can for the Tinman. Give Soda to Phallus or whatever his name was.

Mr. Bones tosses the lemon-lime soda in the general direction Phantus went, gives Y4R an oil can, then waltzes off to the South Gate with his flock of followers.

Menuridae thanks Phantus as he leaves. She then follows the majority of the group toward whatever portal they choose to take. She herself is indifferent to the choice. As they walk, she plays a soft, gentle song of the sadness of the loss of their old worlds and homes. The song slowly picks up, ending in a courageous and valorous composition that has the party looking with hope toward the future. It is an attempt to raise morale.

Menuridae plays a wonderful ballad before Mr.Bones changes the settings on his boombox to 'clown mating calls' at max volume and [3] Menuridae's music almost overpowers the wretched cacophony emitting from the speakers, but is utterly drowned out soon after. The party feels.. funny.

"Might as well do my summoning while I can, before we end up going to a dimension with no magic."

Tobias eats his food and washes it down with some water, then goes with the largest group, making sure his ogre bodyguard follows. He tries to summon a fast creature for him to ride, preferably one with a way to protect him and itself from harm.

Tobias, no longer hungering or thirsting, follows Mr. Bones' party with his ogre bodyguard falling behind. On his way catching up, he invokes a mount through summoning magic and
[2+2] an odd creature resembling a very large iguana appears. It may not be the fastest mount, but it would be faster than walking. Knowing this, he hops onto it's back and lets his ogre follow him at the side.

"Luck of the roll, eh? Well, I'm open to ideas. Maybe I've gone north a few too many times in m' life. South might work well, too."

"So Bones, were you animated by someone or jus' picked up by a ghost?"
Larry says, he's probbably going to follow mr Bones...
Scribbles
This Boner rose of his own accord~

Rolls dice for each of the four gates:
North 4
East 1
West 1
South 5
Head for the South gate.  Stick 10 foot pole through and wave it around a bit before pulling it back out. If pole is undamaged/not covered in something icky/ doesn't get yanked through in a horror movie fashion, then stick my head through and see whats up.

With the tin man agreeing in the background and Larry posing a question that the 'boner' himself soons answers, the group realizes they have reached the South Gate far sooner than expected.
Producing a 10 foot pole from god-knows-where, Mr. Bones sticks it inside the mouth of the large white arch that is the South Gate.
A slight ripple appears as it sinks into the alternate dimension and Mr. Bones waving it around creates more spatial ripples.
Soon, he pulls it back out and finds that the end of the pole is undamaged, but has small clumps of a putrid syrupy substance on stuck on it that soon fall off and melt into thin puddles before completely evaporating.

Deciding it may not be a great idea to stick his head through, he turns back to his following and considers his options.

"I'll just go with the flow and choose south as our first destination."

Having heard that grizzled man's words, Crimson goes and searches for something he can use in the event he encounters a place where he can't use his magic.

[5]Crimson runs around the hub a bit searching for anything he could use to defend himself on an antimagical plane. Eventually, he finds what looks to be a small jewel near an empty and open dumpster. He picks it up, noting it's beautiful shine. He momentarily flashes back to when Phantus mentioned some 'merchant who liked shiny things lost in thought when suddenly-

"Hello, visitor."
Turning around to confront the source of the voice, he finds a humanoid figure covered neck-to-toe in extravagantly decorated silk clothes only a king could possibly dream of having.
As for his face, the bottom half was obscured with a rag wrapped around it and his eyes covered by aviator sunglasses.
"You already know who I am, I take it? Surely my favorite customer told you about me by now. About that jewel.. I think you don't really want it.
You'd rather have something more practical, something that can protect you in a land where your powers are null?
" the Merchant turns around, snaps his fingers and then a wagon of sorts packed with various exotic goods appears. "Then this would be a good piece to start with." the Merchant pulls what looks like a trident from the cart, only it's much more ornate than most would be, almost as if it isn't meant to be a weapon. It looks pretty, huh? It's also sharp enough to pierce a large amount of different alloys. And, it has this feature for when someone isn't just quite in your range. the Merchant presses a little button near the middle of the trident's body and the bladed part launches into the sky at an angle, implanting itself through a concrete wall of a nearby building. Pressing the button again, the prongs withdrew from the concrete leaving neat little holes and were pulled back into place by rather durable steel-fiber cords in an instant.

"So, do we have a deal?"
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 06:24:02 pm by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2017, 05:09:10 pm »

((This is a random mechanics question. Why did I get a +2 on my first summoning but not this one?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2017, 05:13:13 pm »

"YAR!
Take initiative and jump right into the gate!

Avanti!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2017, 05:14:31 pm »

Check the East Gate. Who knows how dangerous that substance is on flesh? If four or more people go through the South Gate, go with them.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2017, 05:16:58 pm »

((This is a random mechanics question. Why did I get a +2 on my first summoning but not this one?))

Forgot I factored that +2 in visibly the first time. I still gave you your +2 for having 2 levels in summoning magic, it just didn't show up right.
You rolled a 2 and got +2 to end up with a 4. I will edit this along with MJ's turn.
Apologies, I'm not a great DM.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2017, 06:56:45 pm »

((Ah, neat. Seems like you're doing fine as a DM so far.))

Summom some technologically advanced armor to wear for protection. Like an Iron Man suit or something. Follow Mr. Bones.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2017, 08:24:00 pm »

Follow the Mr Bony Brick Road!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2017, 08:33:34 pm »

((Ah, neat. Seems like you're doing fine as a DM so far.))

Summom some technologically advanced armor to wear for protection. Like an Iron Man suit or something. Follow Mr. Bones.

Snap fingers and manipulate probability to increase the chance that he gets a 5. I prefer my meatshields to be robust.

Rolls die: 3
Clacks teeth thoughtfully
Changes boombox
Scribbles
Portents of unfavorable adventure beyond. Moving to next.
Walk over to the west gate and repeat my act of thrusting my excessively long rod into this mysterious hole and seeing what comes out.  If my turgid probe remains unmolested, give that gate some head.

By which of course I mean look through and see whats going on. 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 08:52:37 pm by piecewise »

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2017, 11:57:56 pm »

Crimson ponders for a moment about the deal. With not much use for the jewel, he exchanges the jewel for the trident.

"Alright. We have a deal."

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2017, 12:32:30 pm »

Follow along after mr bones and repeat the stabbing and the placing of the crystal seed, but this time grow it into a shield.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 05:26:00 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2017, 05:24:06 pm »

Menuridae folds her arms and follows the others about, appearing frustrated at having her music droned out. She waits for the others to figure out which portal they are taking, as far as she is concerned, one might as well be good as the next until they know more about them. Still, sound doesn't travel well within goo, so she is glad that option is out. It would mess up her hair.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Labyrinth (8/8) Turn 4: The Reckless and the Tentative
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2017, 08:17:55 pm »

"YAR!
Take initiative and jump right into the gate!

Displaying the bold behavior unique to robo-privateers programmed without fear, Y4R-M8 throws himself into the South Gate despite the rest of the group's hesitation.
There is a momentary spatial ripple as he enters the group before he is swallowed into another dimension.

Check the East Gate. Who knows how dangerous that substance is on flesh? If four or more people go through the South Gate, go with them.

Like the other gates, you may as well assume it is completely identical as you can't spot any difference.
Unless you stick your head through the gate, you can't think of any reliable way to check the dimensions other than a method like Mr Bones's formula.

Snap fingers and manipulate probability to increase the chance that he gets a 5. I prefer my meatshields to be robust.

Mr. Bones attempts to manipulate Tobias' dice roll in his favor[4+1] and succeeds. +1 added to Tobias's action.
Tobias then attempts conjuring something along the lines of an Iron Man suit [3+2+1] and ends up with a small-sized mech suit instead (about 9 feet tall) in front of himself.
It has a huge sheath on it's side holding an energy blade and built-in miniguns on each arm.
Well, there's no kill like overkill.

Rolls die: 3
Clacks teeth thoughtfully
Changes boombox
Scribbles
Portents of unfavorable adventure beyond. Moving to next.
Walk over to the west gate and repeat my act of thrusting my excessively long rod into this mysterious hole and seeing what comes out.  If my turgid probe remains unmolested, give that gate some head.

By which of course I mean look through and see whats going on.

The thick rod pierces the tight gate, creating spatial ripples. Mr Bones wiggles it around and pulls it out, finding the pleasant(?) surprise of a completely unmolested probe.
Seeing this, he shoves his head into the portal, and looks around.

Spoiler: Piecewise's eyes only (click to show/hide)

Crimson ponders for a moment about the deal. With not much use for the jewel, he exchanges the jewel for the trident.

"Alright. We have a deal."

"Good, good." the Merchant chuckles a bit as he takes the jewel from Crimson's open palm and places the amazing trident in it instead.
"Best of luck, friend. I hope we can do business again!" the Merchant says as he and his cart begin to shine rather brightly before appearing to disintegrate into nothingness.

Masterwork trident acquired.

Follow along after mr bones and repeat the stabbing and the placing of the crystal seed, but this time grow it into a shield.

Trier the crystalline golem follows after Mr Bones and observes him probing the West gate. In the mean time, he plants a crystal seed in the ground
and attempts to fashion it into a shield. [4+1]Trier ends up with what looks like a kite-shield, only made of sturdy crystal.
He'd probably smile at his success, if it wasn't so difficult to do such with being made of a somewhat rigid material.

Menuridae folds her arms and follows the others about, appearing frustrated at having her music droned out. She waits for the others to figure out which portal they are taking, as far as she is concerned, one might as well be good as the next until they know more about them. Still, sound doesn't travel well within goo, so she is glad that option is out. It would mess up her hair.

Frustrated with that asshole skeleton and his horrendous 'music', Menuridae trails Mr Bones as he does his usual dirty deed of penetrating portals with his thick 10 foot pole.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
Re: Labyrinth (8/8) Turn 4: The Reckless and the Tentative
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2017, 08:31:30 pm »

"Damn place reminds me of that one planet is the Frati void..."
Scan the dimension with my DRD.

Avanti!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22