Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: Abandoned Project.  (Read 40503 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Labyrinth (8/8) Turn 4: The Reckless and the Tentative
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2017, 08:43:40 pm »

Tobias looks appraisingly at his new suit of armor before uttering a statement with certainty."I'm gonna need a bigger mount."

Wear mech suit. See about what it can do or if it comes with an AI or something. Summon a suitable, technologically advanced mount like a robo-Griffin or something, preferably the kind that can turn into equipment or augmentation for my mech suit. Use my staff of summoning to help. If I summon a suitable mount, let Mr. Bones ride the iguana.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 02:55:27 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2017, 10:03:56 pm »

Change boombox
Rolls dice: 5
Rattles
Scribbles
Point at Trier

Beyond the portal looks like him, but obnoxiously bright.

let Mr. Bones ride the iguana.
Draws suggestive eyebrow on skull.

Summon a magical harp that can flay away the flesh of the living with each delicate and beautiful note for mopey lady following me. Also repeat stick and look process for each remaining portal. Might as well get a good idea of what the others are like.

Also summon a glass of milk because

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2017, 05:16:13 am »

Look for any usable materials and use it to create some sort of body armor, wearing it underneath my coat. Success or not, go ahead and enter the south gate.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 05:19:55 am by Crimson »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2017, 07:13:40 am »

Find a long rod, etc. to check the North Portal with, then check the North portal.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2017, 01:10:04 pm »

Go into the west gate.

Actually just follow after Mr Bones, might as well check all the options first,

Sounds wonderful.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 02:11:47 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2017, 01:58:53 pm »

Her sulking slowly abating, Menuridae slowly begins to smile at Bones, then laugh.

'You'd have made good entertainment in the comedy industry of Pompeii.'

She decides that in spite the fact he is an asshole, she likes the skeleton.

She then takes the harp, provided its summoning is successful, wondering what the fuck?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2017, 02:55:48 pm »

Follow Mr Bones.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 02:57:44 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Labyrinth (8/8) Turn 5: Lots of Metal Things and Plenty of Thick Rods
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2017, 04:00:02 pm »

"Damn place reminds me of that one planet is the Frati void..."
Scan the dimension with my DRD.

Willing the DRD into existence, Y4R-M8 watches as the machine begins to click and whirr while printing a "SCANNING IN PROCESS, PLEASE WAIT" dialogue on the light-up display.
Wait a minute... how'd he know about this thing to begin with? Y4R-M8 feels a wave of uneasiness within him, feeling as though the knowledge of this device was not his own.
In the midst of his thinking, Y4R-M8 hears a 'fwoosh' behind him as Crimson appears on this other plane.

Tobias looks appraisingly at his new suit of armor before uttering a statement with certainty."I'm gonna need a bigger mount."

Wear mech suit. See about what it can do or if it comes with an AI or something. Summon a suitable, technologically advanced mount like a robo-Griffin or something, preferably the kind that can turn into equipment or augmentation for my mech suit. Use my staff of summoning to help. If I summon a suitable mount, let Mr. Bones ride the iguana.
Hopping into the mech suit, Tobias taps around on the many panels of the UI in front of him. Although not familiar with such advanced battlesuit technology, the UI is surprisingly simple and he operates it easily. Unfortunately, there is no autopilot on this model- the closest thing it has is an assisted targeting mode, but that only helps the pilot pick out targets better.

Climbing out, he chants and attempts summoning a robotic mount suitable for the mech. [5+2]Tobias ends up summoning a mecha-chimera rather than a griffin, but it is more than suitable as a mount.
However, maintaining this many sentient summons is becoming painful and exhausting, leaving him with no choice but to dismiss the ogre, iguana or newly summoned chimera mecha. [Summoning Skill 2]

Change boombox
Rolls dice: 5
Rattles
Scribbles
Point at Trier

Beyond the portal looks like him, but obnoxiously bright.

Summon a magical harp that can flay away the flesh of the living with each delicate and beautiful note for mopey lady following me. Also repeat stick and look process for each remaining portal. Might as well get a good idea of what the others are like.

Also summon a glass of milk because

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[6+1]Mr Bones snaps his fingers and conjures an instrument of flaying. However, instead of being a harp, it manifests as a double-neck electric guitar constantly wreathed in leaping sparks of strangely benign lightning. He also has a feeling the flaying effect has been magnified beyond expectations as well. Handing it to her and hoping she knows how to use it, he walks to the two remaining gates with his following and attempts the patented ©Bonercorp Penetrative Probing Technique passed through the generations from skeleton to skeleton.

First, the North Gate.
Mr Bones performs the usual routine, pulling out the rod after a few minutes to find that although undamaged, the part of the rod that crossed the barrier was emitting a warmth that would surely have made him break into a sweat if he wasn't one of the living dead. He sticks his head through, because although uncomfortable the heat wasn't enough to be immediately dangerous.
Spoiler: Piecewise Only (click to show/hide)

Now for the East Gate.
As a reward to himself for a poking well done, Mr Bones conjures a glass of milk and does his best to drink it. It falls out of his chest cavity anyway, but at least he tried.

Look for any usable materials and use it to create some sort of body armor, wearing it underneath my coat. Success or not, go ahead and enter the south gate.

Scrounging through more of the immense yet underpopulated city that is the Hub, you find [4]some scraps of metal you could possibly bind together by melting them with your fire magic.
Utilizing your knowledge of pyromancy and crafting together, you [6+1]make some surprisingly and almost impossibly durable metal 'plates' to shove into your coat. Doing just that, you rap your knuckles on your coat to make sure you did the job right. A clanking sound and an unbending plate tells you that you've more than succeeded.
Your Fire Resistant Coat is now an Armored Fire Resistant Coat
Dashing to the South gate and diving into it without hesitation, you find that you are indeed now in a different world entirely.

Find a long rod, etc. to check the North Portal with, then check the North portal.

[4]You find a short metal rod in the same scrap-yard Crimson was just scrounging from and decide to probe the North Gate with it. After sticking it into the portal for a few seconds, you pull it out and reach results almost identical to Mr Bones's test, the only difference being that the metal rod is decidedly hotter since it is made of heat-conducting iron.

Go into the west gate.

Actually just follow after Mr Bones, might as well check all the options first,

Sounds wonderful.
Her sulking slowly abating, Menuridae slowly begins to smile at Bones, then laugh.

'You'd have made good entertainment in the comedy industry of Pompeii.'

She decides that in spite the fact he is an asshole, she likes the skeleton.

She then takes the harp, provided its summoning is successful, wondering what the fuck?

Follow Mr Bones.
Trier, Menuridae and Larry follow after Mr Bones on his wild ride- Menuridae also takes what she expected to be a harp but is actually a two-necked electric guitar of flaying.

Menuridae: Doubleneck Electric Guitar of Flensing acquired
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Labyrinth (8/8) Turn 5: Lots of Metal Things and Thick Rods
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2017, 04:45:01 pm »

Nod approvingly at my creation as I hand it to Ex-mopey lady.
Change boombox
Throw up the horns

After checking the North Gate, scribble and hold sign up high.

BILBO, PARTY OF TWO, YOUR VOLCANO IS READY
Shrug.

After the North gate, scribble some more

Ambient Music album cover in there.

Summon the following items:
Pair of sunglasses
One of those reflective, heat protection suits
A guitar pick with a little skull on it. So Menu-ride doesn't steal my fucking finger. I use that to pick my nasal cavity.

After that, head through the West gate and try to figure out exactly what those statues are made out of. If anything attempts to rattle my bones, put one of my now better armed meat shields between me and it.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 06:07:34 pm by piecewise »

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2017, 05:34:13 pm »

Menuridae steps through he west gate with Mr. Bones. She decides to try out her new instrument to see what it does, and what more convenient targets than those statues. She steals one of Mr. Bones' fingers to use as a guitar pick gives the instrument a try.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2017, 07:54:12 pm »

"I don't like the look of this place..."
Begin stepping toward the hill thing, sword drawn.

Avanti!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2017, 08:08:52 pm »

Dismiss the iguana since it seems Mr. Bones didn't want it. Mount up on the Mecha Chimera and follow the others through the west gate. See what the Mecha Chimera is capable of, if I can.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 10:08:39 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2017, 08:36:55 pm »

Trier follows after Mr. Bones, keeping his shield up and spear ready.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2017, 09:05:47 pm »

"This place is unnerving me. Anyway, I'll tag along if you're fine with it."

Sense for any signs of magic around the area. Next, since I'm not sure if conjuring flames here is safe or even possible, head towards the hill along with Y4R-M8 while being cautious, trident readied.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2017, 09:15:38 pm »

Follow mr Bones, its wise to follow sentiant Skeletons, Right?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22