Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Pantheon- RtD god game 8/7  (Read 11877 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon- RtD god game 8/7
« Reply #120 on: February 05, 2017, 06:07:07 pm »

"Not this time, you scoundrel."

Stop time, preventing the Change god from marring it.

"This ends now."
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 05, 2017, 07:17:25 pm »

I work to Create a Slave Race, made entirely to Serve me and my Higher Servants... They will be Known as Grimelings, and have basic Knowledge of all Crafts Burnt into their minds as well as a Devotion and Fear unseen in any other race.
Spend two Actions on the Above.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 06, 2017, 10:05:35 am »

"Do try to work something out. I don't want time to be stopped forever. That said, time god, I will support you on this."

Before the time and space shenanigans happen, Maximillian appears to the eldest Librarians. And speaks: "It seems likely that certain anomalous books may wind up here in the Library. "Lust in the Deep Red" is one such book. And there are more. Insanity is a common effect, but others exist, from future sight to teleportation to the Ageless Isles. As a command to you, I ask that you store all such anomalous books in the Library's secret chamber. The anomalous books may have use, but first they will need to be studied."

Again before the time and space shenanigans happen, Maximillian creates the Index of Anomalous Books, which is a book that self-updates and contains the title and number of copies of every anomalous book. It is promptly placed in the secret chamber.

Maximillian then turns towards the time god. He then grants the knowledge of how to most effectively stop time to the Time god. He then muddles the memories of the Change god, aiming to remove every memory of this incident.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 06, 2017, 06:25:45 pm »

"God of knowledge, your interference in this rather personal matter is unbecoming of your title. How can one with so much knowledge make such unwise decisions? Do stay out of this, I wouldn't want to have to warp those beautiful books on magic and the like into paperback monsters that seek only to kill. "
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 06, 2017, 06:37:30 pm »

[Draco Cutie, God of Adorbs]
(HP: 20/20)

"Y-you'd have them, d-do so... anyway. U-unless, they worshiped you."
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 06, 2017, 07:00:10 pm »

"Y-you'd have them, d-do so... anyway. U-unless, they worshiped you."

"Untrue, God of Small Things. I'd give them a choice as to what form they take if they worshipped me. All feel my hand, but only the unfaithful are cursed by it."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 06, 2017, 07:05:47 pm »

"Your words only reinforce my conviction."

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2017, 07:43:37 pm »

Try to make male version of amazons again
Create a written language for the amazons
Train the amazons some more. they must be ready for anything
Raise a shield around my cities so those only with good intentions may enter

Kahn shall check out her cities, maybe even try to find a mate

1 – Your power seems to reel at creating males. You seem unable to do so, and your power locks you out of future attempts. As a god, of course, gender does not play into your reproduction.
3 – The amazons begin slowly adopting the Abyssal’s runes, but do not develop their own written word. Most think writing is pretty silly.
6 + 1– The amazons are the greatest military race currently created. They have mastered all forms of fighting currently available.
4 – The shield is made, but it will not keep gods out. In addition, if the would be intruder can best one of your amazons in combat, they may enter.

"S-stupid Draco."
Draco retries making Wolf Girls, but only the Wolf Girls, the Demi Wolf Girls need either male Amazons, or Wolf Men. Wolf Girls will all be female, until the Amazons become able to have males.
"G-girls and... girls, can't reproduce."
Draco tries making Amatraps. Feminine looking Amazons that are male.

Draco returns to the Abyssals.
"I... I got idea now."
Draco creates Blackbeans. These grow on Toughstalks and can be used to make a dark cocoa like substance.
Draco teaches the Abyssals how to make Splintsheet. Wetting splints of Toughstalk wood, and pressing it to make paper. Along with magic used to drain it's color, so it's whiter.
"Th-this is... easier, to write on. A-and to... transport."

5 – The wolf girls are made. They are all female, but due to the amazons strict inability to be male, they too cannot be male. Perhaps your power may intervene on that front.
1 – Nope, the amazons are simply incapable of a male existence. All amazons continue to be female, and you may not try again to make males- your power seems to feel that such a thing would be… wrong.
3 – You create the blackbeans, but when they grow on toughstalks, they are parasitic. The toughstalk with the blackbeans growing on it will become weak and unusable. Still, blackbeans do not grow on all the toughstalks.
1 – The Abyssals are not taking to this Splintsheet stuff well. They don’t’ seem to think paper important, instead carving their runes into rock.

The white stone of Moronths Ziggurath darkens, and the light from the moon of Kivuli turns a pallid green. His voice echoes throughout the halls of the Ziggurath.

"Such insolence shall not be tolerated!"

Okay, creating thinking undead is, in and of itself, not a problem.

However track down all the necromancers who did so to unwilling souls, since that's against the rules and smite them. The smiting shall be done by animating their skeletons to rip themselves out of their bodies. Then bind their souls to random stones in the floor of the Ziggurath, that they may spend eternity trapped, conscious but unable to even scream, to be trampled upon by everyone. Make sure everyone knows that it happened, and why.

Use all four rolls for this.

5, 4, 3, 6 – You are thorough to great precision and wipe all offending necromancers from your population. This does leave very few remain, including younger ones. In addition, your queen has been punished in this fashion, and become a great stone on the Ziggurath floor. Your people are without a ruler, and terrified of you.

Attempt to teach the Umeolk how to use chronomancy again.

Teach the Umeolk on the Ageless Isle how to use more powerful chronomancy, giving it mastery over the art.

Create the Watcher, a being made of pure chronal energy. The Watcher's purpose is to guard time itself from any being who would seek to damage it

4 – The Umelok learn chronomancy, but only the elite few who are living nearest the ageless isle.
3 – The guardian of the isle is learning, but it is slow progress, as no Umelok has reached his level of understanding yet.
6 – The watcher is created. You create him as a divine weapon of chronal energy, upon striking a god, that god will have one less action in the following turn.
2 + 1– You fail to stop time just as surely as the first time you attempted to start it. You do manage to slow it slightly though. You may utilize all your actions first before any others next turn.

"Nothing can escape my Touch, not even time or space. Lady Luck herself can not prevent the mutative influence of my ever-present power."

Channel the Golden Winds to Change the concept of 'luck' so that it is naturally in my favor. Set aside another action to fix this if it goes horribly wrong.
Channel the Golden Winds to Change Time so that it is extremely fluid and twists unpredictably to the point of having no rigid edges, what is a year is suddenly seconds only a moment later. What is a moment is a lifetime a year later.
Speaking of rigid edges, channel the Golden Winds to Change spatial concepts so that they are fluid and unpredictable like I aim to do with time.

Auris cackles. Loudly.

3 + 1– You attempt to change luck, and do so. But turns out all order is defined in this universe, all things predetermined, without chance involved. Luck is in fact a concept devised by the creatures of this world to explain its randomness. They do however now believe luck to be within your sphere.
6 + 1 – You successfully change time, however you are hit by the force of time’s new guardian, the living weapon. Your next turn will have -1 action.
4 + 1– The world slowly changes distances now. Space is a fluid concept, and all physics now seems to float slowly. Most living creatures are suffering because of the instability of time and space.

I work to Create a Slave Race, made entirely to Serve me and my Higher Servants... They will be Known as Grimelings, and have basic Knowledge of all Crafts Burnt into their minds as well as a Devotion and Fear unseen in any other race.
Spend two Actions on the Above.

2, 5 – Grimelings are made, they understand all crafts to a basic degree, are literate though unintelligent, and blindly obedient, fearful of all those they call master.

"Do try to work something out. I don't want time to be stopped forever. That said, time god, I will support you on this."

Before the time and space shenanigans happen, Maximillian appears to the eldest Librarians. And speaks: "It seems likely that certain anomalous books may wind up here in the Library. "Lust in the Deep Red" is one such book. And there are more. Insanity is a common effect, but others exist, from future sight to teleportation to the Ageless Isles. As a command to you, I ask that you store all such anomalous books in the Library's secret chamber. The anomalous books may have use, but first they will need to be studied."

Again before the time and space shenanigans happen, Maximillian creates the Index of Anomalous Books, which is a book that self-updates and contains the title and number of copies of every anomalous book. It is promptly placed in the secret chamber.

Maximillian then turns towards the time god. He then grants the knowledge of how to most effectively stop time to the Time god. He then muddles the memories of the Change god, aiming to remove every memory of this incident.

No roll required to talk to your people. Your librarians are informed of the incoming books and they know to be careful of them.

2, 3 +1  – You have a list of books, it shows the titles, but not the number of copies.
5 - +1 to all future rolls for the time god stopping, starting and manipulating time.
4 + 1 – Auris forgets who you are entirely, as the knowledge is removed from his mind.

Evil is spreading in the hearts of most of creation. The Abyssals begin plotting against each other. Necromancers are leaving the Kivuli to hide from their god and continue to perform forbidden magics. Umelok are plotting how they may conquer the ageless isle, Amazons are taking up arms against each other over trivial matters. Librarians are gathering and hoarding knowledge for themselves and no other. Disease is spreading through all creatures now. The exception is, the disease does not seem to touch the creatures belonging to Shaak or Auris. The gods of change and corruption are untouched by these physical and mental plagues. This, combined with the instability in time and space, will mean all things shall die within five turns, unless these things are corrected – in particular the space-time stuff. Shaak and Auris’ beings will die within 7 turns.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 07, 2017, 07:53:56 pm »

I shall bring unity to my children.
Ill make a male race different from the amazons, heculins. they shall be allies to the amazons.
Cure the amazons of any plague
Craft the strongest weapons for my armies
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 08:01:40 pm by Bluexdog »
No sig yet

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 07, 2017, 08:07:32 pm »

"No, no, this... Auris. Why do you hurt us?"
Draco takes a breath, then flies outside.
Draco creates the Pillars of Distance. Great Obelisks that solidify distance, so the distance cannot be altered. Thus stabilizing space in the areas they are active.
Draco spends another action on this.
"You... you break reality."

Draco then tries to steal luck. It shall be in nobody's favor except Draco.
Draco uses another action for this.

"You... no. I will do this, for my people."

Draco creates the Pillars of Time. The same Great Obelisks meant to solidify distance will also solidify time. It will maintain a consistent inconsistency. There will not be day everywhere at once, the east gets day before, the west days after. But time will not deviate beyond that.
Draco dedicates another action to this.
If both succeed, then the Pillars of Time and Distance will be the Pillars of Order. With a fixed time difference and a fixed distance between them. They will only affect a small area around them, but a bigger area between them.
If either fails, it will still be Great Obelisks for the other to work upon.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 08:39:13 am by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2017, 08:17:38 pm »

"This is unacceptable."

Maximillian speaks with the Librarians. Knowledge is meant to be spread and used, unless that knowledge would be dangerous.

Regardless of how the Librarians react to that, Maximillian creates a book filled with anti-disease medical techniques and gives it to the Librarians(provided the creation comes out all right).

Maximillian creates an obelisk in the center of the Library. This obelisk, the obelisk of truth, will render the statement "The Library and all within it is spatially and temporally spatial" true by encoding it into the Knowledge that makes up reality. Repeat as necessary for success.

Maximillian knows the time god will likely have something to do about all this. Maximillian assists the time god by granting him the knowledge of what to do to effectively accomplish his goals.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2017, 08:32:29 pm »

I "Introduce" myself to my slaves
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 07, 2017, 11:39:05 pm »

"The time of reckoning has come, listen all who seek protection for their souls! If you follow myself or my brother, you shall have a place in the kingdom weaved from this wretched tapestry that binds us to these things called 'laws of physics' and 'temporal concepts'! Anything and everything will exist at the whims of Change! And whether he wants it or not, my kinsman Shaak holds a claim on this domain that will come to be. Only those who follow us will reap the benefits of change, everyone else will be warped into twisted shells of what they once were!"

Shouldering the hit from Time's guardian, Auris knows that it is only a fair, small price to pay for control of time and space.

Order the Changelings to erupt from their disguises in societies and begin to gather cults of Change and Corruption to increase my power and Shaak's. Set aside another action to strengthen this or retry if it fails. Surely luck being on our sides will attract mortals?
Auris shields himself with a temporary and reflective gold shell that covers him head to toe, designed to deflect curses and the like.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2017, 12:44:08 am »

"Auris, you sightless, destructive, pathetic, wothless waste of divinity! I see now that you are a child, seeing no farther than the immediate future, having no sense of consequences for your actions!

It now falls to me to clean up this mess of yours. I am Skindas, the father of Time! Prepare for a whipping, whelp!"

First, restore Time back to its proper form, and lock it so that it can never fluctuate again. If this fails, roll for it again.

Strike at the Change god with The Watcher, pouring extra chronal energy in to inflict a permanent slowing of Time within him.

Destroy the Winds, erasing them from existence.

If the second Time-fixing roll was not used, smite the changelings, destroying as many of them as possible.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 08, 2017, 01:39:24 am »

"Auris, you sightless, destructive, pathetic, wothless waste of divinity! I see now that you are a child, seeing no farther than the immediate future, having no sense of consequences for your actions!

It now falls to me to clean up this mess of yours. I am Skindas, the father of Time! Prepare for a whipping, whelp!"

First, restore Time back to its proper form, and lock it so that it can never fluctuate again. If this fails, roll for it again.

Strike at the Change god with The Watcher, pouring extra chronal energy in to inflict a permanent slowing of Time within him.

Destroy the Winds, erasing them from existence.

If the second Time-fixing roll was not used, smite the changelings, destroying as many of them as possible.

"I know precisely what the future holds. The destruction brought to this universe will culminate in a glorious rebirth. It is not too late to repent for your sins against us, Skindas. Killing me will bring a blight of it's own kind anyway, without me there would be no ambition, no desire to instill Change. There would only be one of the two sides of Alteration.. oh well. I suppose if you live long enough, you will find that out first hand."

Auris chuckles, louder than before.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10