Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some Quick Questions  (Read 802 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Some Quick Questions
« on: January 20, 2017, 04:25:04 pm »

1: Is there a way to sort the reactions in my custom buildings? Say, if I made a new smith, could I set it up to be like the regular smith where I choose the metal I want to work with, then the item I want to make?

2: How cheaty would it be to have a 1x1 training dummy for soldiers to train weapon and shield skills on?

3: What are the raw values for the divine metals? Or are they just procedurally generated like FB's and titans and I can't have a building pump it out for me after offering it cat blood, cheese, and wine?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
Re: Some Quick Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 04:16:28 am »

1: Is there a way to sort the reactions in my custom buildings? Say, if I made a new smith, could I set it up to be like the regular smith where I choose the metal I want to work with, then the item I want to make?

2: How cheaty would it be to have a 1x1 training dummy for soldiers to train weapon and shield skills on?

3: What are the raw values for the divine metals? Or are they just procedurally generated like FB's and titans and I can't have a building pump it out for me after offering it cat blood, cheese, and wine?

I have no idea the answer to the first or last questions, but the middle one, I'd say itd be no cheatier than live training if you make it take some materials.
My (long abandoned) mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

Zerim

• Bay Watcher
  • One man's past is another man's weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 03:42:37 pm »

About divine metals, I'm pretty sure they aren't random but they are hardcoded, so you won't find them in the raws.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 03:57:09 pm »

About divine metals, I'm pretty sure they aren't random but they are hardcoded, so you won't find them in the raws.
They have set IDs though. Ask someone who actually knows, but if I were to hazard a guess I'd reckon they'd be [INORGANIC:DIVINE1] -> [INORGANIC:DIVINEx] where x is the last divine metal generated. Putnam will know if you ask him nicely :)

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 04:11:11 pm »

According to some extracted procedural raws here, divine materials take the form [INORGANIC:DIVINE_x], so you were close.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 07:11:43 pm »

1. Yes, categories, see the wiki.

2. Not very.

Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:DIVINE_1]
[GENERATED]
[DIVINE]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:4:0:0]
[BUILD_COLOR:4:0:0]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:RUST]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:METAL_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:rusted metal]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:300]
[SPEC_HEAT:7500]
[MELTING_POINT:NONE]
[BOILING_POINT:NONE]
[ITEMS_WEAPON]
[ITEMS_WEAPON_RANGED]
[ITEMS_AMMO]
[ITEMS_DIGGER]
[ITEMS_ARMOR]
[ITEMS_ANVIL]
[ITEMS_HARD]
[ITEMS_METAL]
[ITEMS_BARRED]
[ITEMS_SCALED]
[SOLID_DENSITY:1000]
[LIQUID_DENSITY:1000]
[MOLAR_MASS:20000]
[IMPACT_YIELD:1000000]
[IMPACT_FRACTURE:2000000]
[IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:0]
[COMPRESSIVE_YIELD:1000000]
[COMPRESSIVE_FRACTURE:2000000]
[COMPRESSIVE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:0]
[TENSILE_YIELD:1000000]
[TENSILE_FRACTURE:2000000]
[TENSILE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:0]
[TORSION_YIELD:1000000]
[TORSION_FRACTURE:2000000]
[TORSION_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:0]
[SHEAR_YIELD:1000000]
[SHEAR_FRACTURE:2000000]
[SHEAR_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:0]
[BENDING_YIELD:1000000]
[BENDING_FRACTURE:2000000]
[BENDING_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:0]
[MAX_EDGE:12000]
[SPHERE:BLIGHT]

DrTank09

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 09:38:39 pm »

Putnam, I have a question to go on with this, even though the divine materials are hardcoded, using the raw template you provided, are we able to create other divine materials that would be generated in the same layer above the circus?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 12:19:03 am »

Adamantine is not a divine metal and its raws are with all the other inorganic raws; it's the [DEEP_SPECIAL] tag that makes it form in spires.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 09:11:38 pm »

Thanks Putnam! And Nahere. Now to work on giving my church a "blessing" operation... A ton of blood and cheese will give you a single bar of DM, so now legendary cheese makers will be important.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.