Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 151

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 5: At the Gates of Victory  (Read 101163 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 4: Family Reunion
« Reply #1605 on: January 11, 2018, 10:39:39 pm »

"Honestly I'm the type who prefers to work up to things rather than tackle a sheer cliff face at once. But I already signed the contract, I'm committed now."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: January 11, 2018, 10:40:26 pm »

Sea looked up at Eric with a small frown on her face.

"You're not going to leave, are you? We need you. You help keep all of us alive..."

His next sentence seemed to relieve her worry and she smiled again.

"Oh good! I'm glad~"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: January 11, 2018, 10:42:17 pm »

"That's what I'm talking about! Show everybody you don't back down once you signed your name."

Dale punched Eric's shoulder jovially and turned his attention to Sybil.

"Not that I'm in a rush to keep it going - I think we earned a break for today - but what's next on the agenda boss? After this Cullen guy arrives?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: January 11, 2018, 10:46:13 pm »

"Guess now I can see why she is offering so much gold. This is a pretty unusual task, but a good payment is a good payment."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: January 11, 2018, 10:55:01 pm »

Lian regarded the whole spectacle with grit teeth. She finally managed to lower her longbow from the ready, but instead traded it for pacing a small line behind the group.
: "..Is that how it all ends? So quickly..?"
The archer shook her head. After a dozen-odd laps in her walk, she stopped as she noticed the thief had returned.
: "...You. What did you find?" Her voice, lowered until it was barely more audible than a whisper, shot at Ava.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: January 11, 2018, 11:05:15 pm »

"Excellent!" Drest sounded happy about the opportunity for some more intellectual talk.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1611 on: January 12, 2018, 02:16:56 am »

Ava matched Lian's tone.
"A spear. And something. . . personal." She'd have to think about that later. For now, she had something to ask her employer. She spoke once again, raising her voice to a more normal volume.
"So what's in it for us? Other than the gold. Ten thousand gold's a lot, but I can't enjoy ten thousand gold if I'm dead, or worried about loyalists hunting me down in my sleep or something because I helped topple a government. You're asking me to stretch out my neck pretty far, here."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: January 12, 2018, 07:11:55 am »

”okay i guess that’s fine too”

”Yeah, uh, explicitly lying to us on your contract isn’t exactly a way to ensure employee loyalty, y’know. Not that I’m complaining, because Ludoh and its dumb council can choke. Just letting you know.”
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: January 12, 2018, 07:38:48 am »

"Obviously. If someone like you survives whatever's comin' next, I ain't about ta be outdone." Wynne says as Victor leaves. She watches him go for a moment, before turning to her sister. "You said ya wanted ta come with, right? I'll ask Sybil."

If Victoria didn't stop her, Wynne would walk over to Sybil, and hear what she says their real job is. Well, not what she signed up for, but she did sign - she wasn't about to walk away. "'scuse me, Lady Sybil. Victoria over there said while we were chatting up her... er, our, dad, that she wanted ta come with us. That alright with ya?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: January 12, 2018, 08:46:46 am »

"The contract says we're moving her into her new home. Five large if the magic ban isn't enacted, ten large if it is. Which it has. And her new home will apparently be the new seat of power. I haven't noticed any lies on that contract, except maybe of omission. Honestly the payoff should have been an indication." Eric rubbed his temples.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: January 12, 2018, 09:46:34 am »

Dale tapped his temple.

"That's clever, right there. I'm starting to actually like our boss."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: January 12, 2018, 10:13:09 am »

”It’s lying by omission. My dad taught me about it when I was younger. Sleazy merchants will get you by selling you a fancy sword without mentioning the fact it’s more brittle than a dead leaf, or something. Same principle here.”
Black lives matter.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: January 12, 2018, 03:12:30 pm »

"So what's in it for us? Other than the gold. Ten thousand gold's a lot, but I can't enjoy ten thousand gold if I'm dead, or worried about loyalists hunting me down in my sleep or something because I helped topple a government. You're asking me to stretch out my neck pretty far, here."

"Nothing. At least not immedaitely. If that isn't good enough for you, now's the time to jump ship."

”It’s lying by omission. My dad taught me about it when I was younger. Sleazy merchants will get you by selling you a fancy sword without mentioning the fact it’s more brittle than a dead leaf, or something. Same principle here.”

"I can't put "Help me topple the council" on a public call for help. If you were concerned you should've asked earlier when you signed. It's a terribly vague contract, but I suppose 10,000 gold is enough to blind your sense of reason. If you want out now's the time. Otherwise cease your complaining, it changes nothing."

If Victoria didn't stop her, Wynne would walk over to Sybil, and hear what she says their real job is. Well, not what she signed up for, but she did sign - she wasn't about to walk away. "'scuse me, Lady Sybil. Victoria over there said while we were chatting up her... er, our, dad, that she wanted ta come with us. That alright with ya?"

"If she wants to join me then I will not stop her. In fact, I would prefer if she would come with us. Having physical proof of one of the council member's support will only strengthen our cause."
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: January 12, 2018, 03:33:11 pm »

”It wasn’t a complaint, it was a fuckin’ warning. Whatever.”
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: January 12, 2018, 03:51:24 pm »

Quetz, digesting the news, looked at Sybil and spoke.
"After I have helped you destroy the weaker people, we must talk. If you become a new empress, perhaps my own would make a good ally.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 04:02:14 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 151