Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 151

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 5: At the Gates of Victory  (Read 101164 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 4: Family Reunion
« Reply #1590 on: January 10, 2018, 11:18:51 am »

Dale chuckled quietly and picked up the sword.

"Here, let me give you a hand with that, lil' miss."

He took off one of his extra belts (he wore a few for... just in case) and cinched it around Seaiga's waist, then carefully tucked the Lightbrand into it.

"There ya go. You're going to have to get someone else to teach you how to use it though. Swords aren't really ol' Dale's thing."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: January 10, 2018, 11:42:50 am »

Sea looked up at Dale with a big smile, letting a hand rest on the hilt of the sword.

"Thank you! I rapt appreciate it. I mean,
it's just so interesting and this will make it much easier to carry around and study. I've always wondered how they imbue magic weapons and I think there might be an easier way of doing it and now that I have an example I should be able to figure it out!"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: January 10, 2018, 11:47:49 am »

Wynne had been about to say something when the others burst in, Sybil at the lead. She looked over the others, looking for blood, but saw no more than there had been earlier - they hadn’t gotten here violently. She glanced at Eric - she’d have to ask for an explanation in a bit. Her grip on her lance relaxed, and she watched as Sybil made her ultimatum to Victor. She’d half expected him to leap for her, but unexpectedly, he dropped his sword and stepped aside. Wynne released a breath she hadn’t realized she held.

After Sybil had said they were going to rest for a bit, she stepped to the side of the room, looking at her father. ”...So, what’re ya gonna do now that yer dead?” she asked.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: January 10, 2018, 11:50:17 am »

"Heh. All that's over my head, but you have fun with those studies."

Still, sometimes it was all right to make someone else smile. Dale resumed leaning on the wall and hooked his thumbs into one of his remaining belts.

"You be careful with that thing when you pull it out. If you cut yourself we ain't ever gonna hear the end of it."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: January 10, 2018, 12:42:52 pm »

"Oh I will! Don't worry! It was just too heavy, that's why I dropped it. But I'll be more careful now.
Promise!"

She smiled and then turned back to Sybil, making a gesture at the sword with a huge smile on her face before heading over the a corner and very carefully pulling the sword out to look at it more in-depth.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: January 10, 2018, 01:25:19 pm »

Eric met Wynne's glance, and replied with a shrug. He wasn't sure how to explain that Sybil had, after all, broken herself out, and intimidated the guards to let her past through gesture alone.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: January 10, 2018, 02:39:45 pm »

"There isn't much I can do. I will reside in a small village where I will not be recognized until she has done... whatever it is she is going to do. I don't know her plans, nor do I want to, so I'm uncertain if there will be a place for me here in the future. I'm sure in the meantime Victoria will be expected to take control."

"Father I said I wasn't ready to call myself your heir again yet."

"You may not have a choice. Hallewell will likely demand the official support of our house; if I'm supposed to be disposed of I only have one recognized heir." He happened to glance over to Sybil and caught her gaze. She gave him a dismissive look.

"Oh I will! Don't worry! It was just too heavy, that's why I dropped it. But I'll be more careful now.
Promise!"

She smiled and then turned back to Sybil, making a gesture at the sword with a huge smile on her face before heading over the a corner and very carefully pulling the sword out to look at it more in-depth.

"Do be careful now," Sybil softly advised her apprentice.
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: January 10, 2018, 03:13:38 pm »

Figuring that waiting to ask wouldn't produce anything, Eric approached his employer. "Ms. Hallewell, we heard some rumors before you rejoined us. If I may ask; Is it true that you intend to take control of the country?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: January 10, 2018, 03:21:24 pm »

Wynne thought about it for a few moments.

"...Well, ya could just ask her if she wants that, straightforward approach and all. She's right there." she said, "Forgettin' all this for a second, she doesn't seem ta bite if yer respectful and all."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: January 11, 2018, 12:31:02 am »

"Lady Sybil, we could share a few thoughts on magical research as soon as you are available. I am still very interested in your constructs."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: January 11, 2018, 10:27:24 pm »

"I'll speak with with her later, I have preparations to make. If you'd like we can talk later as well." Victor paused as he left, unsure how to say goodbye to his daughters. "I'll do my best to survive while I'm displaced... I had better not hear that either of you were slain!"

With that the twin's father left, likely to go gather a few essential possessions and what money he could reasonably take.

"Father..."

Figuring that waiting to ask wouldn't produce anything, Eric approached his employer. "Ms. Hallewell, we heard some rumors before you rejoined us. If I may ask; Is it true that you intend to take control of the country?"

"Ah, is that what they're saying about me? Well, they're not wrong. I do intend to topple the council and govern where they obviously cannot. So, to answer your question, yes."

"Lady Sybil, we could share a few thoughts on magical research as soon as you are available. I am still very interested in your constructs."

"We can start as soon as the others have asked what they want. I'd like to discuss things with you too."
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: January 11, 2018, 10:29:30 pm »

Even as interested in the sword as she was, Sea heard Eric's question and Sybil's response. Looking up from the sword, she glanced worriedly between the two. She'd had some idea of what was going on, which is why she hadn't spoken much during the argument before. But now it was out in the open. How were people going to react....

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: January 11, 2018, 10:34:39 pm »

Dale didn't chuckle. He actually laughed, long and hard.

"Why didn't you say so in the first place?"

"Now, see, this is more the kinda work I'd expect for ten grand. I guess this is the part where if anyone's got a problem they hit the road, but I'm sticking around."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: January 11, 2018, 10:36:07 pm »

Eric pinched the bridge of his nose. "Yeah, okay. I guess that's a thing I'm doing now."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: January 11, 2018, 10:38:02 pm »

Dale put an arm around Eric's shoulders.

"It'll be fun. We just tear down a government and put a new one up. It'll be a hell of a job to start your career on, know what I mean? They'll know you as the guy who goes big instead of going home."
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 151